RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Do We Belong In Space?

Poll

Do We Belong In Space?

Yes
9 (40.9%)
No
3 (13.6%)
Maybe
8 (36.4%)
Maybe Not
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it's called "re-fueling".

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Yes I am quite aware of what "re-Fueling" is...I am talking about EARTH running out of fossil fuels...gone, completely dried out...
Then it would be impossible to "re-fuel"...but I am sure that you just didn't read the last post...my mistake...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yes I am quite aware of what "re-Fueling" is...I am talking about EARTH running out of fossil fuels...gone, completely dried out...
Then it would be impossible to "re-fuel"...but I am sure that you just didn't read the last post...my mistake...

yeah, watch me worry about that.
because there's no form of fuel other than fossil fuels.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
I believe that God gave us the universe to study...
I think that as long as we are willing to take risks to enter space, then there is nothing we can't accomplish...

What are your thoughts?

Why do you believe something that would have had to have been complete speculation?  >:(
I think as long as we have people struggling to get minimum wage jobs on Earth we have no "space future".
Any one of you listen to David Cross? He had a good bit about space exploration and the funds for space programs that take away from shit that actually matter.  :-\

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
David Cross is a comedian. Granted, he's a good one, but he's still just a comedian.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
So religion is sort of put in the question.
Yes it is, well I just hope we all don't feel like you, I couldn't live in a world were no one cared for our existence...

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
...?
I meant it can be a religious question...

Well thats a very sad way to live...IMO
If nobody cared then why do we have an International Space Station?
People are afraid of death...at least most people have some sort of fear of death...
So the termination of Human Life would be ultimate death...

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91

space stations wont fall down :P

fuel isnt a problem. we have the sun.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
NASA says that’s part of its plan for finishing the orbital outpost

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17630218/
Nice link

space stations wont fall down :P

fuel isnt a problem. we have the sun.
your missing the point, ever heard of gravitational pull, if the velocity isn't what it should be then its gonna slowly fall and thats because of gravity.  Other factors may include space debris, yeah there is less in the zone the space station is but there is still some small stuff.  An object in motion stays in motion until it interacts with something else.  Physics in space is different than on Earth...

What does the sun have to do with anything, we can't extract the fuel from the sun and the space station can't be boosted into the correct velocity and position by solar power.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Stop resurrecting this topic.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Maybe people should stop killing it.

;v

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Regardless of weather or not we belong we'll go there. The fact that we don't belong has never really stopped the human race, historically speaking of course.
I believe that space is there for us to explore but not for us to live in. Space is a rather dangerous place and for us to live there, not as astronauts but as a colony, it would be extremely dangerous.
I'm all for the exploration of space and personally I'm fascinated with space exploration. I believe that if there was some place God didn't want humans to go, he wouldn't put it in our reach.

Rep:
Level 84

OFF-TOPIC TRIVIA
I've heard orbit being defined as an extended state of free-fall, that sattelites are actually falling toward the earth, but at such an angle to as miss it completely.

BACK ON TOPIC
I suppose, ethically there are so many injustices and problems to solve here on earth without spending billions of dollars on space research and development. Maybe we could spend that time and effort solving world hunger or AIDS.  Then again, the top two world commodities are drugs and arms. Stop shooting up, stop shooting others and there would be plenty cash to both produce a first-world world, and explore other worlds.

Rep:
Level 83
I am the Flux
I say, we belong to the places where evolution has allowed us to reside in.

Space is not one of those places. We were made to explore; but the Earth is the only place where evolution has allowed us to lead a natural life.
In space, natural human life consists of your intestines and brain liquefying and floating out of your body through all openings over the course of two-three seconds as your body also freezes and you face a swift, but painful death.
Let's eat Grandpa!
Let's eat, Grandpa!

Commas save lives.

---

"Filmmusic needs to be more than just convenient." - Denny Schneidemesser

Rep:
Level 94
Dumb addition to a thread that should've died long ago.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I say, we belong to the places where evolution has allowed us to reside in.

Space is not one of those places. We were made to explore; but the Earth is the only place where evolution has allowed us to lead a natural life.
In space, natural human life consists of your intestines and brain liquefying and floating out of your body through all openings over the course of two-three seconds as your body also freezes and you face a swift, but painful death.
So I guess we don't belong to be at work since cars are man-made objects from our mind's evolution and toil like rockets and spacesuits.

My idea: You are a guy in a crowd. You don't belong there. You don't have any friends or know anyone, but you decide to mingle. You make friends. Now you belong there. Circumstances change.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Hate to sound mean or rude, but several people have already killed this topic and revived it so many times its starting to drive me a little crazy...  Its a dead topic that I started because I was bored at work...the answer is what you believe to be true...its only your opinion...that doesn't change the fact that we can go in space.

STOP RESPONDING TO THIS TOPIC!
PLEASE!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You can lock it if you started the topic ya know.