RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How the hell?

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan
Yeah, and when a guy fucks his sheep he's actually fucking one of his distant cousins.
INCESTUOUS!

Incestuous gets the best of us.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
And to your statement about how they only had male children,
well its not to hard to figure out.
Either Adam and Eve had a daughter and she had sex with her brothers
or Eve had sex with her sons and they had daughters.
Get it?
Some people might find that concept disturbing but sometimes you gotta do what it takes to
populate the Earth.

Extended inbreeding produces sick kids and retards. You need a starting group of, what, 50 humans to produce a viable population?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:13:55 AM by Saladin »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Extended inbreeding produces sick kids and retards. You need a starting group of, what, 50 humans to produce a viable population?
Wasn't that found to be completely based on myth?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88

Uh, no?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

Rofl, wait the incest produces deformed children part?? Hahaha

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yes, wasn't it found to be false?

Rep:
Level 86
Some disorders (usually the pretty bad/rare ones) are only expressed through the parents having a recessive gene and both of them passing it on to the offspring.  The chances of that between two non-related people is much more slim, than between two related people (2 related people have similar genetics and might both be carriers of the recessive gene).  Of course, while a sister might have the recessive gene, the brother may not, and its just as rare as two unrelated people.  However, I'm pretty sure that's where the idea of deformed/retarded/etc. children through incest comes up.  Through phermones, physical appearance, etc. we instinctively seek out a mate that is different than us, especially when it comes to immune system.  Plus the whole instinct of expanding the gene pool.  Of course, our gene pool as a species is pretty broad right now the way it is, so social factors play more of a part in one's aversion to incest -- screwing up family dynamics and such.

Anyway, to be vaguely on topic, I'm in the boat that says two people didn't just spring up and make babies, incest, etc. to populate the earth.  Although that goes hand in hand with evolution and there's no way to really argue it from a Creationists standpoint.  And Evolution will never be proven -- science doesn't prove, it just eliminates other possibilities.  Creationism/God/etc. are impossible to disprove (or prove for that matter, as there is nothing tangible/measurable about them), which means its "possibility" cannot be disproven scientifically.  Of course, nothing in science is absolutely 100%, but I think sometimes its necessary to make assumptions as a scientists or we'd all be sitting here believing in absolutely nothing and being completely unsure about everything around us.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Some disorders (usually the pretty bad/rare ones) are only expressed through the parents having a recessive gene and both of them passing it on to the offspring.  The chances of that between two non-related people is much more slim, than between two related people (2 related people have similar genetics and might both be carriers of the recessive gene).  Of course, while a sister might have the recessive gene, the brother may not, and its just as rare as two unrelated people.  However, I'm pretty sure that's where the idea of deformed/retarded/etc. children through incest comes up.  Through phermones, physical appearance, etc. we instinctively seek out a mate that is different than us, especially when it comes to immune system.  Plus the whole instinct of expanding the gene pool.  Of course, our gene pool as a species is pretty broad right now the way it is, so social factors play more of a part in one's aversion to incest -- screwing up family dynamics and such.

Anyway, to be vaguely on topic, I'm in the boat that says two people didn't just spring up and make babies, incest, etc. to populate the earth.  Although that goes hand in hand with evolution and there's no way to really argue it from a Creationists standpoint.  And Evolution will never be proven -- science doesn't prove, it just eliminates other possibilities.  Creationism/God/etc. are impossible to disprove (or prove for that matter, as there is nothing tangible/measurable about them), which means its "possibility" cannot be disproven scientifically.  Of course, nothing in science is absolutely 100%, but I think sometimes its necessary to make assumptions as a scientists or we'd all be sitting here believing in absolutely nothing and being completely unsure about everything around us.

Can you please stop being 100% correct and saying everything in such a perfectly eloquent way? You're making me look like a tongue-tied fool.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I had a good answer, but the conversation has taken a turn in which I have no knowledge, people doing animals :=:

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
It's 'cus BlAcKrAvEnScAr had to defened the fact that eve was a whore who did her son's.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
Well, technically, when Adam had sex and produced children w/ Eve, he was actually doing himself.
Seeing as how the female was "made from his rib" and all.
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Ok is there anything in the bible thats actually believable?

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
Not that I know of.
Let's also remember that:

Man was made from earth.
Jews are evil.
Certain people can walk on water.
If you have sex you'd go to hell. (in some extreme orthodox cases)
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Final Fantasy 7

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Im going to point something out, they almost never mention females (yeah, I know, Eve, read the whole damn post plz) so who said that they didn't have daughters. At that point, I don't think it would have been possible not to do your sister. AND, it said Cane (son of Adam) married some chick from some other land.

And sex is NOT evil, just sex outside of marriage.

Rep:
Level 87
From the graves of dead patriots springs a nation
As members of the animal kingdom, we are pretty pathetic come to think of it. We are some of the weakest, slowest, clumsiest, most defensless animals on the planet. So how the hell are we dominating the entire planet? Technicaly, we should be hiding in caves, narrowly escaping death by the fangs and claws of a more dominant animal, like the tiger or lion. Does our intelect really make such a difference?

it is not right too look at the human race  and compare it too an animal today like years ago all humans are born different we like different things we are intrested in sport when others in reading and on and on some people are born stronger and taller than others and the others are born smarter we lived and dominated over these years by a good combination of brains and braun where as all animals are born identical with the same animal instincts just to look for food people combined their strenght and cunning to rise above simple animals

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I like how some people here are pointing out random (and some made-up) aspects of Christianity as if they disprove the whole thing. Why are so many people hung up on Jesus walking on  water? If you accept the initial premise that he was the son of God then his walking on water isn't so amazing, and if you want to disprove it then you should argue against his divinity instead of going "Pfft! Walking on water? Christianity is a sham!"

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
Im going to point something out, they almost never mention females (yeah, I know, Eve, read the whole damn post plz) so who said that they didn't have daughters. At that point, I don't think it would have been possible not to do your sister. AND, it said Cane (son of Adam) married some chick from some other land.

And sex is NOT evil, just sex outside of marriage.
Okay, but doesn't the bible say that god made the FIRST people, Adam and Eve? There is no mention of any other people, so that means that they were already there.... making them INDIGENOUS.
Also, I'm not opposing your religion in any way, it just makes too little sense, as most other religions.
Basically I'm not open to blind faith.

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 86
A lot of people (and the Christians I tend to get along with better) don't take the Bible literally.  They take the stories as sort-of Aesop fables.  And if you read the Bible that way, there are some decent morals (by certain definitions) offered.  Its really easy to dismiss everything mentioned in the Bible if you think God really came down, snatched one of Adam's ribs and made a woman out of it.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
Yeah, one thing that Christianity has are good morals. Then again so do all other religions,
even Satanism apparently.

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
Wow I defiantly don't believe that having sex makes you go to hell.
I don't believe in damning some person just because they make mistakes.
We all do and really even if someone did have sex why should anyone care?
I mean it is their business. Some people think that drinking sends you to hell,
but don't believe that because that's ridiculous. Jesus drank wine and there is wine in
heaven apparently. XD A girl in my class thinks that drinking send you to hell.
Which I find funny, but anyways however you look at it from either point of view
there was a bunch of random sex that populated the earth as it is today.

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan
The only religion with good morals is Hinduism. Hooray for the Caste System, Racism, and spiritual trancendance! Acutally, European Paganism is the same, so that's cool too, and Japanese Shinto, but Japan is queer so fuck that.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Rep:
Level 86
As members of the animal kingdom, we are pretty pathetic come to think of it. We are some of the weakest, slowest, clumsiest, most defensless animals on the planet. So how the hell are we dominating the entire planet? Technicaly, we should be hiding in caves, narrowly escaping death by the fangs and claws of a more dominant animal, like the tiger or lion. Does our intelect really make such a difference?

we are highly intelligent 1
we make highly dangerous weapons...nikes atom boms hydrogen bombs guns...come on
we are so powerful we take the animals and put them in a zoo...we actully help them
Bleach is bangin

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

we are highly intelligent 1
we make highly dangerous weapons...nikes atom boms hydrogen bombs guns...come on
we are so powerful we take the animals and put them in a zoo...we actully help them

I really don't know if the mis-spelled words are sarcasm or not. o.O;;

You should all read Life of Pi, it explains everything.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
its misspeled but i dnt care abput my speeling on forums...unless its unreadble
somtimes i do it on purpose...and sarcasum
Bleach is bangin

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
its misspeled but i dnt care abput my speeling on forums...unless its unreadble
somtimes i do it on purpose...and sarcasum

You just added "sarcasum" because I suggested it.

:V :V :V :V :V
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep