RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How can you honestly not believe in what the bible says?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Ah, I have to admit, I did kinda run away with the religion debate instead of the bible, that's my bad.

Okay, to the bible: Regardless if God is real or not, the Bible was written by humans. It's not even that hard to find older copies of the bible that lack the stories modern ones do, and you can find ones with the more-or-less "foot notes" of stories that were added. It runs contrary to the bible being "God's word"
Because they had received the information to write the bible from God through visions.

and whats to stop me from just writing the first thing that comes to my mind and claiming i wrote it through visions.  ur taking alot just on the words of these "prophets"

and the bible used today isnt even the original.  this is a bible rewritten under the orders of king james (hence the king james version) and incorporated some of his biased views on things like homosexuality.
Yet the prophecies have never been edited or changed.

unless u can read hebrew, can find and have read the original bible u cant say that with certainty.  even the bible king james rewrote wasn't the original.  its nearly impossible to tell for sure if the prophecies were changed.
Since you've brought it up, why not research it?

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Just to know were the bible stand there has been pepeople that have tried to edit the bible and the protestant groups that research this stuff see if it contradicting and is false compared to books that come directly from God.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
To add about the prophicies.

The Bible isn't vague in its prophicies, it's very specific. :/
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Answer: Because it's just a book.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Answer: Because it's not just a book.
I fixed your typo. :)

Rep:
Level 96
A typo implies that there already existed a word, improperly spelled, and you altered it to be right.

What you did is add a completely new word.
:V

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
It is not just a book it is a record of thoughts being written down so that future generations can read the wisdom that it posses directly from God.

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
(my opinion) i think there is such a thing as the afterlife but i do not really believe in god so much as i believe in us evolving from something. yes there is not exact proof that we did evolve from apes besides the very simular DNA.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:43:43 AM by Yukimora »
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
It is not just a book it is a record of thoughts being written down so that future generations can read the wisdom that it posses directly from God.

god wrote the thoughts in the bible?  ???
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
98% of the DNA between humans and chimpanzees is identical.  is that not proof enough?
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
WHY MUST WE HAVE THESE DISCUSSIONS?

ONE GUY BELIEVES, ONE DOESN'T.

WHY IS THIS SUCH A DIFFICULT CONCEPT?!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The bible was written by men. The bible teaches great life lessons, and has a few interesting parts. Just because the following behind it became so grand, doesn't make it sacred or anything.

Rep:
Level 96
98% of the DNA between humans and chimpanzees is identical.  is that not proof enough?
DNA IS THE WORK OF THE DEVIL

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
"It's funny how Christians think that everybody else in the world secretly knows deep down in side them that Christianity is the true faith and that they're living a lie"

I really don't get it Iroc, I can understand how you know yourself to be right, but can't you understand that other people have different beliefs to yours and that, yes, in their minds it's fully justified?

Funny how this is the religious debate you all decided to get involved in.
Even the Atheist side is spouting off BS.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Most of you here aren't religious and don't believe in what the Holy Bible says. If you would actually read the bible you would know about all of the fulfilled prophecies.

10 being fulfilled today
10 fulfilled recently
10 fulfilled in 1948
10 fulfilled in 1900s
10 fulfilled before 1900
10 fulfilled by Jesus
10 more fulfilled by Jesus
10 fulfilled long ago
10 more fulfilled long ago

That's allot of events the bible has accurately predicted thousands of years ago. So is this not proof enough to believe in God and Jesus Christ? Are you willing to go with the scientific answer to life? Are you going to take a  chance and not believe in a religion which it's accurately predicted all of these fulfilled prosthesis? How do you explain it? If you still don't believe you should start fearing the end.

Discuss.

The Bible didn't predict them. The writers of the Bible did. And I can't believe in everything that the Bible says, simply because it's full of fables and misinterpratations from people who either wanted to "correct" society or found supernatural explanations to many events.
Even so, I DO believe in God, and in Jesus. I don't believe in a book that was written by men, and less if some of these men were clerics from the ancient times. Popes were total liars who just wanted to be powerful and used God's name to fulfull their personal goals.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
The Bible didn't predict them. The writers of the Bible did. And I can't believe in everything that the Bible says, simply because it's full of fables and misinterpratations from people who either wanted to "correct" society or found supernatural explanations to many events.
Even so, I DO believe in God, and in Jesus. I don't believe in a book that was written by men, and less if some of these men were clerics from the ancient times. Popes were total liars who just wanted to be powerful and used God's name to fulfull their personal goals.

I agree. People should not take the Bible literally or what is written there, but what it represents, what it actually means.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
I really don't get it Iroc, I can understand how you know yourself to be right, but can't you understand that other people have different beliefs to yours and that, yes, in their minds it's fully justified?
My god, I actually agree with you for once.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
My god, I actually agree with you for once.

I must've skimmed that part somehow. O_o Yeah, I agree with that as well.
Visit our website.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I read the Bible when I need to find advice. So I go to the Proverbs, and such books. I just look for a path, when I am lost. And the Bible can be very comforting. Sometimes, when I open the book expecting to find some relief, the same page in which I randomly opened the book possesses that which I was looking for. I don't know how, but it happens. More than once.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
We should make it a rule that you cannot just discredit something unless you have proof or a reason why because than there is nothing to back you up and as far as we know( refering to the atheists mostly but both sides do it as well) it could be a pack of lies and we have nothing to read to make sure that info is correct.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
It's called debate.
Visit our website.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
It's called debate.

No, you can't debate without an arguement. ;)

And even if the Bible was written by men, 100's of incredibly detailed prophecies came true! Is that not enough to prove that it is divinely inspired?
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
well although very unlikely but they could be from the future and they really didnt predict anything but instead took it from history.im kinda in the middle of this i do believe but i scienticfic stuff makes since too... but if you think about it god coulda made dinosaurs and stuff so really there is no way to be sure witch is actually true.
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
It's called debate.

No, you can't debate without an arguement. ;)

Elegy did. And people still do.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
In the words of the famous Rodney King, "Why can't we all just get along?"