RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] SuperOverlord's Video Player

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
I'm having a little trouble getting this script to work for me. I've tried several scripts, and none of them work, but they work in the demos that came with them (for whatever ones had demos).

I think the problem is the video I'm using. I'm wondering what the correct video format is to run with the script? I have all of the resources I need to convert any video into the correct format, I just need to know what that format is.

I've experimented with different frame rates, video compression, and audio compression types, but I've yet to have any success. Does anyone have any experience with this script and know how to make it work?

I've tried looking through the script to see if there are any hints as to which video I need. So far I know I need it in AVI format, but that's all I could gather from the script.

EDIT: Okay, I've gained a little bit of success. Here were my render settings:
Compression Type: None
Size: 640x480
Ratio: Square Pixels
FrameRate: 24fps
Sound Compression: None
Sample Rate: 44100mHz
Bit rate: 16bits
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:20:59 AM by JonFawkes »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
judging by the original topic by Super, this should work regardless... The only error would be a compatibility error with a weird battle system... Which I don't see as too likely...

So, I have questions:

1. do you get an error message
2. if not, what happens when your movie is supposed to play
3. how do you have the event set up? (provide screen or the exact syntax in which you have it via text... either will do)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
I've already solved it, but I'll clear up some stuff.

First, the script call from the event:
play_video("Render",true,false) (where Render is my video name)

There is no error message.
When the movie is supposed to play, it doesn't. The NPC dialogue window closes as if I just finished talking to it. No sound or video was played. When I messed around with render settings, I was able to get the audio to play, and eventually the video to play using the render properties above in my first post.