RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do i...

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
How do i make switchs and stuff, im still new to this. Also how do i make models appear like other characters in the game? and one last question how do i make events happen and not have to have enter to be pushed to activate? and how do i get party members to join the party?
thank you
aaron

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
What RPG Maker are you using?

1. Do you mean switches as in game switches/self switches/variables and such, or switches as in buttons and levers that the player has to use to navigate a dungeon or something?

2. Models? Can you clarify your question here?

3. Just set the trigger to something else like autorun or parallel process.

4. Haha, I thought question three was your last question. Anyways, you can add party members easily enough with an event. Just look for the Change Party Member command.

RMRK Junior
I noticed the party member thing right as i finished posting this, i just skimmed over the list too fast and missed it.

Um with switches i mean like i want (example: my character to run up to another and say hai man there's zombies on tv eating everyone i think we should stick together, join the party and disappear) stuff like my example and im just able to figure switches like that very well, that and like to make a monster come sprinting up the stairs to attack.
another switch thing i want to figure out how to do is, make it so basically you can't go to certain areas till you equip something or talk to someone first.

models i figured out but is there anyway to download more sprites and use them in the game?

i got the encounters done and certain buildings i have been working on.

Btw i appreciate the quick response, it means a lot to have someone help me with this. I wrote this book about a year ago and just finished it and want to put it into this game. im hoping after i get the first chapter and 2nd chapter put into game i can upload it for people to test. I really think people would enjoy something new :D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
For switches, they're fairly simple to use. All you have to do is use the Control Switches command in an event to turn them either on or off. It'll help you to name the one you want to use so that you can keep yourself organized, so in the Control Switches menu, click the "..." button, select the ID of the switch you're going to use, and name it at the bottom of the menu.

Self Switches are even easier. Each event is allowed their own set of individual switches that only they use, so to turn one on, just click the Control Self Switch and select the letter self switch you wish to use. This simplifies things at times, so that you don't have to keep track of another switch for a simple operation.

Once you've turned a switch on, you can have it end an event by clicking New Event Page at the top of the event, and then set that event's conditions to only activate when that switch is on. If the event page is blank, then nothing will happen, or if you DO want something to happen (like with your character needing to have talked to someone else first) then you just put what you want to happen next in this new page. For the equipment thing, you'll need to learn how to use the Conditional Branches command, which essentially will do a "IF THIS SUCH IS TRUE, THEN PERFORM THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS" kinda thing.

I'm gonna assume that models are sprites (though the thought of trying to stuff a super model into a computer is kinda amusing). So, all you have to do is download the sprite into the game's characters folder, which is in turn in the games graphic folder. Or, you can download it somewhere and use your resource manager to then import that file to your game, which is sometimes what you'll have to do anyways to set the transparency of the sprite's background.

Does all of this help?

RMRK Junior
very much so! thank you very much, i actually got a bunch of it done and i appreciate it all :D