RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
i need to get those things first before i can leave

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
is there perhaps a way to create an objective in which the hero needs to collect all the items in the room before he can leave it. should he leave the room, he reminds the player that he cant leave unless he has those specific items.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Well...you can use conditional branches and let it check the "item switches" arcross the room, e.g.

if switch one is on
 if switch two is on
  if switch three is on
        TELEPORT To New Map :D
    end
  end
else
It feels like we're missing some items
end

If can also be

if hero has x item in possession
 if  hero has y item in possession
   if hero has z item in possession
        TELEPORT To New Map :D
    end
  end
else
It feels like we're missing some items
end

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Isn't she great *-*
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 87
You could also use variables for this instead of lots of switches - when each item is collected, add 1 to the variable.  On the teleport event, if variable < number of required items, show message, otherwise leave.

The really nice thing about Nessiah's suggestions (both of them) is that if you want to, you can specifically point out what the player still needs to get, or maybe give them a hint.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Thanx shaz and nessiah. its just, embarrasingly im still a bit of a noob. if you could just be a tad more detailed in your explanations? sorry, haha, ive only had rm2k for about a week now. :-\

Rep:
Level 87
I'll show you all 3 ways...

Nessiah #1:
Allocate a switch to each item you want the player to collect.
On the item, when the player collects it and you increase their item count, turn the specific switch on.
On the door event, have a series of embedded conditions:

Code: [Select]
Condition: If switch1 is ON (switch 1 is turned on when you pick up item 1)
  Condition: If switch2 is ON (switch 2 is turned on when you pick up item 2)
    Condition: If switch3 is ON (switch 3 is turned on when you pick up item 3)
      (more switches here)
        Teleport to New Map
        Exit event processing
    End
  End
End

Show Text: It feels like we're missing some items

There's a slight difference to the original suggestion, as I just now realised the message is part of an Else statement, and would only be shown if the player didn't have item 1 (if they had item 1 but not item 2 or 3, you wouldn't teleport, but you wouldn't get the message either).

Nessiah 2:
Easier - on each item to collect, just increase the player's count of that item.  On the door event have the following:
Condition: If hero has item 1 in possession
  Condition: If hero has item 2 in possession
    Condition: If hero has item 3 in possession
      (more conditions here)
        Teleport to New Map
        Exit event processing
    End
  End
End

Show Text: It feels like we're missing some items

and finally my variable suggestion:
On each item, when you increase the player's count of that item, also add 1 to a variable:
Change Variables [0001: Items Collected] + 1

And on the door event:
Condition: Variable [0001: Items Collected] = 3 (or however many items they need to pick up)
  Teleport to new map
Else
  Show Text: I feel we're missing something
End

Rep:
Level 87
Do some searching for tutorials telling you how to use switches and variables, and how to test for conditions.  These are all commands on the event tabs.

Alright, let me just make sure i understand. suppose i went with nessiahs 2nd suggestion. theres this fantastic little thing called fork conditions on the event command menu that can work miracles. should i use it in this case?

Rep:
Level 87
mmm - I'm an XP user, and not familiar with fork conditions.  That may be the Condition command.  Try it, and see if you can compare switches, variables, what the user has in inventory, who is in the party, etc.  If it's got all those things, that's the one you're after :)

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Yes, Fork Condition is Conditional Branch :p