RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Where to go after the very basics (RM2k3) ?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hi. Just kind of asking if anyone can direct me from here.
and with here I mean: I learned about the very basics.
What really bugs me is this: I want to remake all the
player and non-player graphics, all the monsters and items.
But I cannot find any tutorials for this.
I cannot use xp version for my pc is just barely behind the
minimum requirements, but I love this rm2k3. If someone
could just direct me on this.
any advice is welcome, for this particular problem
or if you feel there is somethind else I should know.
(I can do treasure chests, add messages on the maps, give items
for player, change the title screen, but not much else.)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:10:16 PM by aynish »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
try here and see if you can do all the tut's

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9364.0.html
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I want to remake all the
player and non-player graphics, all the monsters and items.

that's pretty ambitious. Try making a short game first using the RTP graphics just to make sure that after you spend all that time makingthe graphics you can actually make a good game with them. That probably isn't very helpful. There are a few sprite generators out there, but none that I know the link to. You might be better off getting some of them off the internet. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I know it is ambitious and even silly with my knowledge of rm2k/3
Thanks for trying anyway.
ps. I won't give up on this, 'cos I have this great story in my head for the game.
Anyway I presume the customization can be done by just editing the image files
that contain the corresponding stuff, characters etc, just by using the
default paint program. Then perhaps using the import command in the maker.