RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Name Insert

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Can someone give me a script that allows you to name your character with anything you want? So like you would type in: Austin. then your character would be Austin....PLEASE I NEED IT! My game will have a "make a character" thingy at the beginning were you choose a name gender and class.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Name you Maker. (XP, 2003, and so on.)

rpg maker xp. the free version you can download off here

Rep:
Level 96
Hmmm...Well, as far as I know you don't need a script, you need a message code. (I.E, in 2003 you would type in /H[1] every tiime the hero's name was mentioned, and there is an event for naming the hero.)Maybe Zeriab would know?

zeriab??? and ty for the help, although i dont really understand what you mean lol  :P

Rep:
Level 96
Zeriab is a genius member who rocks at scripting in RMXP. I do not doubt that he would be well-read on the subject of message code as well.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Actually Arrowone. I don't think you've understood the question. He wants the player to be able to name the Hero whatever name they please. And in Rpg Maker XP, only a script can do that. The one built into Rpg Maker XP is messed up, that's why.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

ya that is what im talking about  :D. i need it so bad!!! cant start my game without it!!!!

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, an error is involved? All right, I will stand down then.

Listen, on page three in the event commands, there is an event named: "Enter Hero name". Use that, and give your hero a blank name in the database. Nice to help :)
I

Rep:
Level 96
Rpg Maker XP...

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I saw one on rmxp, I could ask the scripter for permission to post it here for you if you want to...

~Winged

EDIT:
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8014&highlight=hero+input
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:55:19 AM by Winged »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
\n[###] to display hero name in XP. There is an event command for naming characters.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I kinda missed this topic.
The script at hbgames.org looks fine. (link)
Just use that.

If you haven't already registered there you need to do so.

Using '\n[Actor_ID]' in a message gives the name of the actor.
Note that you shouldn't take that too literally and actually write 'Actor_ID'. You should write the number the actor have in the database.

@Gilga: The event command for naming chars is static. By that I mean you must write the name in the editor to start with.

@Elerlissa: There is the Name Input or something like that which is buggy. They don't seem to have fixed it in v1.02a. I can't remember what was wrong with it though...

- Zeriab

Rep:
Level 89
why dont you just type          \Name[Actor_ID] because then the name goes in its own little box
I thought i was being attacked by ninjas yesterday but then i realised it was angry muslim protestors so i stole there veils and strapped myself to a C4 and gave them a taste of there own curry flavoured medicine

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
why dont you just type          \Name[Actor_ID] because then the name goes in its own little box
Because that would require a CMS (CUSTOM MESSAGE SYSTEMS)
If you have one with such a feature then doing that instead might be a good idea.

Rep:
Level 89
who want to play worms 4
Because that would require a CMS (CUSTOM MESSAGE SYSTEMS)
If you have one with such a feature then doing that instead might be a good idea.

i juse /[n]1 player 1
/[n]2 player 2 enz

......___|__
__/******\=======#
|**M1A2 ***:\
(@=@=@=@=@)

copy this tank and we wil concer the world

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/nl/NL/register/index.jsp?m=l&a=robot797
klik this link and give me stars