RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question about pictures in 2k

Rep:
Level 87
I'm trying to use some pictures in my game, in the "intro" but when I save them (as .pngs) the show up black in the database. What can I do to fix this? Here are the pics I want to use, also the base of the story (not too much..that comes later)...

**I just noticed a lot of typos and grammatical errors that I need to fix so there's no need to point them out  :P**
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 10:16:15 AM by Toxxy »

Rep:
Level 87
I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that no one knows how to fix this.

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
You need to have patience on these Forums. Anyway, try going into Paint and saving them as 256 Colors. If this messes up the colors, post again and wait for someone to assist you. It could take a minute, a day, a few days, or longer. There's a good chance someone will help you though. Take note that most Members are Offline at night, so don't expect an immediate response if you post at night.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Maybe it's the transparency? Never heard of this kinda problem  :tpg:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
Well I tried the 256 color thing and it really wanked up the picture. I suppose if that's the way I need to do it I can make do but I'd rather not. Is there a program I could use other than paint to do this in?

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I've heard good things about a Program called Photoshop, but I don't know how to use it. That's up to you to figure out.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Photoshop won't help; It'll still look crappy unless you re-do it. I think. Changing to 256 colors makes almost everything look crappy.

Rep:
Level 87
Then how do people make such good title screens and sprites for RM2K?

Rep:
Level 87

Well I know enough about photoshop to do some neat stuff but it's a bit much for 2d sprite graphics. I'd rather use something less...involved. I do remember using a program years ago that worked damn good for this kind of thing, especially making sprites. The thing is that's all I remember, not what it's called, where to find it, or even...uh...anything else.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

There are 256 sprite programs, and who said they suck? If you wanna know a secret, then know that I make my icons with Charamaker 1999.

Rep:
Level 87
Alright. Thanks for the info.

Rep:
Level 87
There are 256 sprite programs, and who said they suck? If you wanna know a secret, then know that I make my icons with Charamaker 1999.

Got a link?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
You won't need one, just go to home ( www.crankeye.com ), click on downloads and download the english edition.

Rep:
Level 87
Looks good but the help file it comes with doesn't help at all.  I have a character template I want to use to test it out and I loaded it and don't know how t edit it. All it does is open it in a little window. How do I get the thing in the window on the left (I assume that's where I edit)?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Yes. In the toolbar, click on the blue square with arrows beneath it and at the side. Enter the dimension of your picture. Then right.click on your picture and it should be in the editing box (It's hard to understand at first, I know  :tpg:).