RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Multiple Hit Skills

Rep:
Level 82
Mutliple Hit Skills
Version: 1.1
Author: Logan Forrests
Date: November 03, 2011

Version History

• <Version 1.1> 2011.11.3
    - Added new function to allow damage calculation to finalize if an attack is missed or evaded
    - Added new function to allow variable critical hit rates and critical hit damage bonuses to be assigned on a per skill basis
    - Standardised code
  • <Version 1.0> 2011.8.20
    - Original Release

Planned Future Versions

Updates are planned to allow for additional properties with regards to multiple hits that skills may be assigned:

• Critical Hit Rates - Implemented in Version 1.1
  • Per Hit Accuracy

Suggestions considered.

Further skill properties may also be implemented as a means of extending the Extra Skill Properties script by Mr G W (see Author's Notes for more info).

Description

Allows skills to be assigned a specific number of hits.

For example, Quad Slash is intended to be a 4-hit physical skill. By specifying this in the Database, the skill would be calculated as if it was dealing 4 individual hits. Each individual hit of a multiple hit skill is calculated seperately with the damage dealt by each hit being cumulative to provide the total damage dealt. This also means that the accuracy of the skill and the evasion of the target is considered on each hit and not the skill as a whole. Thus, of the 4 hits of Quad Slash, only 2 may hit and contribute towards damage.

New
Damage calculation can be finalised/stopped when a hit from a multiple hit skill misses or is evaded. This simulates a kind of 'interruption' effect where the flow of an attack is interrupted due to the attack not connecting. This can have the effect of lowing overall average damage and should be used carefully and thoughtfully.

New
Each hit of a skill can be given the possibility to be a critical hit. The rate of a critical hit, as well as the damage bonus granted by a successful critical hit, can be set on a per skill basis. For Skills which have their Physical Attack property checked, the script can be made to include critical rate bonuses from equipped weapons and actor traits.

The messages associated with attacks missing and being evaded will only be shown when all hits of an attack miss or are evaded.

Features

• Allows skills be assigned a number of hits, each of which are calculated as a separate hit and as such are subject to their own damage calculation, accuracy checks and evasion checks.
  • Cumulative damage means a wider variance in damage dealt by skills.
  • New Critical hit chance and damage can be set for individual skills.
  • New Damage calculation can be 'interrupted' when an attack misses or is evaded; can be set for individual skills

Screenshots

None currently, but will provide at a later date to show variance in damage output of multi hit skills.

Instructions

See Script.

Script

Can be obtained via Pastebin

Credit

• Logan Forrests
  • Mr G W*

*due to this script being based and designed from [GW] Extra Skill Features.

Support

Support can be provided through this thread and site (rmrk.net). This script should be placed below Mr G W's Extra Skill Features, if this script is also used.

Further information can be found within the script.

Known Compatibility Issues

Fully compatible with GW Extra Skill Features.

No other issues are known at this time. Should you find any, please detail them in this thread.

Details on any overwritten, changed and aliased methods can be found in the script.

Demo

No demo required.

Author's Notes

This script was intended to be a stand alone script. However, after seeing Mr G W's Extra Skill Features script, it only seemed natural to follow as an extension to it. Whilst this script can stand alone, it is suggested to be used along with Extra Skill Features.

Restrictions

Multi Hit Skills (for RMVX) by Logan Forrests is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Please note, if you use this script you must provide credit to both myself and Mr G W due to his implicit involvement in its development and design.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:20:39 AM by LoganForrests »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Hmm, I was planning to do something like that on the extra features script, although id make each hit separate, like Dual Attack (2 separate hits).

This is still a interesting idea, having all hits shown as one.

EDIT: Added a multi hit feature to my script.
Can be combined with this script.
Example: By using <multi 2> with <hits 3>. Each of the 2 hits will 3 hits, for a total of 2 hits, dealing damage of 6 hits.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:17:53 PM by Mr G W »

Rep:
Level 82
It wouldn't be hard to have it do that either, but I wouldn't want to see the possibility of an 8 (or more) hits showing the damage for each individual hit. Having it cumulative and showing only the final damage of the attack just makes it a little more friendly to the player's eyes in my opinion.

Edit: Also, if you had the hits separate, it'd be good if you could have it show the damage after each attack in the animation as it played, but I'm doubtful you could achieve that in a simple way. Probably have to make several different animations and script it to play them in sequence with the damage recorded and displayed after each one.

Although, the issue of the damage being shown after individual hits and not looking too friendly to read is based on using the default VX battle system. If you had a system that displays damage on screen, then perhaps it would look a lot better on those Omnislash style attacks to have damage shown as each hit landed.

Feel free to expand on it from mine, though, or try scripting it up a different way. More options available to users is never a bad thing.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:12:25 AM by LoganForrests »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
The animation issue is harder to solve, has the game shows the animation first and only then it does the hits.

Using Damage popup scripts makes it better looking though.

Anyway, ive added a multihit feature to my script, as you can see on the post above.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
This is a nice script, but I have two problems. (One you can fix)

1. How do we set it up in the database?
2. I'm going to se this but right now I'm too lazy to copy it line by line  ;8 (Copying full doesn't work for me from RMRK  :o)

Rep:
Level 82
It's in the script itself how to use it with the database. I always include such instructions rather than only post it here. You'll find it under the "Directions on how to Implement" section of the script.

Regarding #2 it's to do with the browser. I don't think IE likes to copy correctly from the code box. I know both Firefox and Chrome do it, but I'll upload a .txt file for those who (for whatever reason) use IE/prefer to download it.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:47:05 AM by LoganForrests »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I've only had this problem with RMRK so I guess I can use google chrome when I need an RMRK script (I already have chrome)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
A bit off-topic, but why in the world would you use IE if you have chrome?
Also, I believe the problem also happens with CP, because they both use SMF.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
Finally got around to updating a few scripts. Version 1.1 of this script is available for download. It adds a couple of new things and also standardises the code some and brings it up to date with the particular ways I write the code (which is pretty much based on modern algebra's style of code; a style I like).

See the OP for details on the changes.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Save the endangered spycrab
Nice script, a nice little thing for moves that attack more than three times
i give it a 8/10= pretty good

The last supper, depicted as said in the pokebible

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
This was the closest script to what I'm looking for at the moment, which is to apply the dual hit attack type to a skill which hits more than one enemy.
For instance, if you had a weapon with the dual attack property, and used triple attack, it would dual attack 3 random enemies.
Maybe this could be considered as a feature for the script?