RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shadow Resistance (Demo Released)

Rep:
Level 83

Versions

V 0.1(June 25) - Basic mapping progresses with over 45% maps done, most cut scenes developed.

V 0.2(June 28) - Added scripts such as Modern Algebra's Quest Journal, Wora's Monster Book, Lettuce's Stat Distributor, and BulletXT's Minigame: Win the Lottery.  60-70% Maps done.

V 0.3(July 1) - Added Tankentai's Sideview Battle System, along with several addons.

V 0.4(July 21) - Finished basic mapping and basic eventing(B]Just putting the plot together.)

Demo Released(April 29)  ;8
Upcoming updates

Finish CMS
Finish all basic mapping.
Equalize the stat system. ~Finished?
Equalize Monster stats, possibly with the Monster Level script?
Get a demo up and running. ~30-50% done, depending on my mood.
Customize the Database with unique items, skills, etc.
Incorporate more interactive Boss Battles.
Remap entire game with paralaxes, customs tiles, etc.(Currently working on it)

Wall of text begone!

Well I started a project on RMVX to test all the new features...but as I got entwined in the story, the game began evolving into something more.  I started to spend around 14 hours a day on it, searched forums for scripts, uploaded music and pics...etc.  What I have at the moment is basically a really good blueprint for the game I'd like to make.  I'm on the third major version, and I'm really just posting this so I have a place to store my ideas because I almost lost my notepad the other day o.0  I'm gonna stop rambling now and cut to the chase :-X.

Characters

(Player-named)???- Having no other memory than the day the King's soldiers found him and forced him to fight in their arena, ??? has a strong dislike for humans, but he is willing to cooperate with them to further his own ends.  A shadow of unknown power.

Ghost- After being sealed away in the basement of a castle that was long since forgotten, rather than going insane he developed a sense of humor.  Though his humor often involves scaring the wits out of humans and pissing people off, he does have a like-able personality.  He is skilled with blades.

Horus- A fire demon possessing immense strength, Horus went on a rampage 2,000 years ago and completely obliterated the flourishing Desert country of Tpyge(Yes that's Egypt backwards).  As a result, the most powerful priests expended the remains of their magical power to seal him away at the bottom of their Pyramid, where he remains to this day, the hatred for humans fueling his plan of revenge.

Heracles- A Goblin who specializes in the magical arts, he is one of the most powerful figure in the Underworld.  He alone knows the location of a powerful artifact that could change history itself.  After his family was hunted down by humans for sport, Heracles has remained in the Underworld perfecting his powers so he may extract his revenge.

Plot

Humans have grown so much in number and technology that they now hunt down what they call "monsters", who are just beings of darkness that have grown an awareness of their surroundings, for sport.  After being hunted to all but extinction in the underworld, any "monster" that is found is forced to fight to the death in the humans arena.  However, when ??? is freed from the arena because he slew all the king's top kinghts, he carries with him deep hatred, and travels throughout the land to end that hatred.  That is, to ultimately rebel against human tyranny and place the "monsters" in control!

Setting

The game takes place in a relatively medieval environment with heroic knights rescuing princesses and blah blah blah.  The main section of the land of Asgard consists of the surfaceworld, with what you would expect, ie: ports, castles, and deserts.  The Underworld is all generically the same, with fires, lava, rocks, and monsters everywhere.

Screenshots

Asgard at a Glance

The Trade Road

Desert

Status Screen - Script by Moghunter

Demo link!
Spoiler for:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YVY804SO
Don't forget to install the Viner Hand ITC font before playing the game!

Credits

Scripts
I'll constantly be changing this when I add and remove scripts.

Spoiler for:
Yanfly[YERD]

-Menu System Options
-Scene Shop Redux
-Enemy Level Control
-Display Skill Query
-Display Party Data

Woratana

-Neo Message System 2.0
-Monster Book II
-Recover HP/MP/States when Level Up
-Floating Event's Name
-On-Screen Shop
-Neo Save System
-Get Item Window II
-Move Command+
-Auto Event Properties Change
-Ballon SE
-Battle Result Window

Kylock

-Translation of Tankentai SBS(+credit to Tankentai for the original script)
-Epic Battles for Tankentai SBS
-Kylock's Bow Addon
-Animated Battlers Addon
-Enemy Gauge Addon
-Kylock's Time System VX 1.5
-Light Effects VX 1.3

Modern Algebra
-Paragraph Formatter
-Equipment Constraints(+credit for Tsunokiette)
-Quest Journal 1.1

KGC+Mr. Anonymous
-Map Lightening
-Extended Equip Scene

Miget man12
-Relatively Simple Fogs
-More-than-usually Graphical Title

Lettuce
-Stat Points Distribution System 1.71

BulletXt
-Minigame: Win the Lottery!

Diedrupo+Trickster
-Catterpillar Script

puppet04
-Scene Item Enhanced

Charbel Ramy
-Actor's Options version: 2

Moghunter
-Mog Menu Status Aya

Mithran
-Advanced State Probability 2.1

Art:

Spoiler for:
Enterbrain - RTP
Reseubian - Original Main Character sprite
Woratana - Fogs, found on RRR

Music:

Spoiler for:
HaloOfTheSun - I used many of his works found here ->http://slyph.org/music/halo/
Enterbrain - RTP

Well, that's it!  I'll post updates as the game progresses!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:19:11 AM by Sartory »
Shadow Resistance - My first VX game.

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33686.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This doesn't look too bad. Sorry for the super lateness here :)

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks MA, it means a lot.

In my spare time I'll be tweaking this a little...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:59:32 AM by Sartory »

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

Rep:
Level 83
Bumpity Bump Bump. :P
Hey guys, just put out a small demo of my game, I'd appreciate it if everyone could give me some criticism on what's there so far.  The download link is in the first post, and for you lazy ppl I'll post it here as well.  Thanks in advance!

LINK!

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Looks good. I'll give this a try.  ;)

Rep:
Level 83
I just noticed that the download link for the demo is broken, so I've added a new link to the OP.

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Well then, right off the back I found it pretty weird that you could encounter enemies in your jail cell. You should really do something about that, like put areas into the map. Also, about the battle system, sometimes an enemy will be under your actions bar, and it doesn't look very good. And when you escape through tiny cracks in the wall... that just isn't possible. And back to the enemies in the jail cell, that white haired man teaches you how to fight, but I got 2 encounters before talking to him, so I already knew how to fight, not only that but I leveled up twice. And I somehow spoke with him while those guards walked towards us and had to fight him again, this time he killed me... that's pretty lame. Then the game froze once the guard walked into the cell, probably because the event is on parallel, allowing me to walk around and mess up the whole event. Restarting now.

The opening event is parallel as well, I was able to walk around during the scene.
When I'm in the row of people, I run through them very easily since I entered the Arena at level 5. Which came to me in 5 encounters of slimes. Triple Strike rocked them tooo easily. I tried to fight the king but his spell one shots me no matter what and the game is over. I expected that to be a story death, but nope. I lost, then retried and lost again... Did I beat the game?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:31:25 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 83
Well, it appears that I forgot to remove the encounters off the map!  Grinding on Slimes before the arena sounds good though, maybe I'll change the criminal's event to let you wander around after you beat him, then trigger the guard event the next time you talk to him.

The battle system issue will just taking a little repositioning of the sprouts, thanks for the heads up!

I was under the impression that as long as 1 Autorun event was running the player's controls are locked up.  Guess I'll have to study event systems a little more!

As for the king battle, if you'll notice the 'Escape' option is enabled.  /hint. I turned on Battle retry for that one too, giving players a few chances to figure it out.

Thanks for all the criticism and for trying out the game!  I really appreciate it.

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Interesting. I don't know why I missed the Escape button. I'll continue my playthrough.

EDIT:
When I tried to load, I got an error: "Script 'Caterpillar script' line 159: NoMethodError occured. Undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass.                     So I restarted the game, I'll continue my feedback at the point after the king fight.

Alright, I passed the king. But I'm wondering why the people before the arena place didn't have names over their head but once inside, they all did. I really like the music in the sewers (er, Underpass), lol. And the sounds for when you walk on stuff is really cool, I've seen it before, but it's a really nice effect, I kinda nerded out when I heard the bridge sound for some reason.. I like the town music too. The map looks really nice, but those tiny trees just look a bit strange to me. When I left the armor shop, I was transferred outside the Non-Magic Shop instead of the outside of the Armor Shop. Alright, I finished the demo (I wanted to use that Dragon Claw  :'( ), was I supposed to be able to run away from those guards, or did I do that correctly? XP.

Well the game is good, gameplay wise at least. The combat is fine, balanced, and fair. Besides from what I've said in the previous post, it's an overall good game so far. What I'd like to see though, is a bit more story, I honestly have no idea where the game is going from here, although the fact that you play a monster, rather the normal society accepted hero makes me think the story will be quite promising in the future. Keep up with the good, fix the bad and I hope to see the game progressing a bit more.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:20:42 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 83
Odd- The Caterpillar script shouldn't do anything when you're by yourself.  Quick fix is to remove it from the demo, but I'll have to look into that.
I think I only added in the names on the Arena so that the names would hover over the bones of the enemy(Which I felt was a neat touch).  I also felt that they would've just gotten in the way earlier, but perhaps it should be unanimous throughout for important characters.  I also noticed that the King's Son Scarred Knight didn't have a title on him, need to fix that.
Simply an eventing error with the armor shop, thanks for the heads up.

You were supposed to be able to outrun the guards, being clubbed to death by a pack of guards wouldn't be a very fun way to end it!

I did try to make the game a little more sandbox-y, but I'll agree that the dialogue needs some work.  I tried to make some of the interactions(like the shopkeeper in the city's) a little more funny/light-hearted, but maybe a darker tone would fit the game better.  I have a clear idea of where I want to go with the plot, but perhaps I should make it a little clearer in the beginning of the game.

A few questions about your playthrough:

Were you able to get to the healing spring in the sewers?  I tried to do the invisible passage thing that I've admired from several Final Fantasy games, but I might have made it a bit too difficult.

Did you find any of the hidden items in the city?  I've always loved searching trash cans and barrels for items, but maybe I should add in a random kid running around that tells you how some items are invisible.

Should I have something in the game mentioning the esc. button menu or the Shift key sprint?  I know most people on here already know it, but a few of my friends that tested out the demo were having a hard time because they didn't know how to save/sprint.

Thanks again for trying out the game, your comments have helped me a lot!

EDIT: You managed to pick up a DRAGON CLAW?!?  Props to you, the drop rate on that is insane.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:02:13 AM by Sartory »

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done