RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[DEMO] Final Fantasy - Demo & Development Thread

Rep:
Level 86
Delaying projects since 2001-ish.

Hey, ever heard about that untitled Final Fantasy-project that was in-dev for the PC? Well, the demo's out now!
That's right, for anyone that's heard of this project of mine, the demo is finally done! I've been working two whole years on and off on this project, starting with concepts and discussing the visions of an FF fan-game with a friend, and the first "chapter" is finally done, the result's all within this demo.

The project's title is simply Final Fantasy. No roman numerals, no epic subtitles. Just Final Fantasy, or with the word Untitled added after, if you wish. Why no subtitle? Well, screw them, I couldn't come up with a decent one that fit any good. So I gave it a plain and simple name. The name might change sometime under development, any suggestions for subtitles are appreciated.
The game is made with RPG Maker 2003 because of its simple retro-style, and fits perfectly for an FF fan-game. The game tries to stay as close as possible to a SNES'y feel, and several classic story elements from the first five game are used.

If you want to skip all the boring reading and just download the game, then scroll down ahead past those spoiler tags. If you're interested in a bit of reading before or while downloading the game (it's a bit more than fifty megabytes of love big), then click on to read more.

Story:
Spoiler for:
A thousand years ago, one of the elders, Ciarda, betrayed her siblings in hopes to become the worlds sole ruler. Ciarda took control over the five ancient crystals of elements; the fire, earth, wind, water and spirit crystals, and merged them into one single crystal, against their peaceful will. From the five crystals' negative forces, the five elemental fiends were born, all under Ciarda's command.
The other elders were desperately fighting for their lives, and managed to resist Ciarda's forces. Ciarda eventually retreated with the crystal to the Dimension of Chaos, from where the elemental fiends had been born. With aid from the crystal's last ounce of positive force, two of Ciarda's very own siblings eliminated her and the Dimension of Chaos, and they disappeared into thin air with it.
Now, a thousand years later, the people and the planet have evolved rapidly. But a new, greater dark force is slowly getting close to the safe and peaceful world, throwing the five crystals out of balance and wreaking havoc as it spreads.

Characters:
Spoiler for:
There will be eleven playable characters in total featured in the full version, and the demo introduces three of them, all from the small province Meirva in the land of Nova.

Amon Reece, age 18.
Leader of the Dendro squad of the thieves' guild in Nova, Amon is a strong and fast optimist that never loses hope. For reasons unknown, he's had the ability to cast lightning magic since birth.

Vidar Connolly, age 26.
Vidar is an often quiet, mysterious dwarven viking. He is the High Vikings of Meirva Temple, and guards it with his life. A strong man that, despite denying it, always protects his friends.

Amiah Nemes, age 17.
A young and beautiful elven thief that's recently left home seeking adventures. She has a natural talent in thievery, one that slightly exceeds Amon's talent, and not a single day passes without Amiah teasing him because of it.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:
Please note that some of these shots are old, and a few things have changed since they were taken.

For further information, and a slightly better summary of the story, go to the official website for the project; www.finalfantasyfangame.tk

DEMO LINK:
Finally, the one thing that speaks for the project better than any of that which I just wrote down, lol.
http://rapidshare.com/files/114821057/Final_Fantasy_DEMO.exe.html

Have fun with the demo, and leave feedback if you wish/have time, it's greatly appreciated. ;8

Oh, and a great bunch of thanks to HaloOfTheSun, who composed the fantastic pieces you'll hear throughout the demo. :)
Final Fantasy - Untitled
http://www.finalfantasyfangame.tk/ - Temporarily Down
Check out the thread! Demo available!

Tristan Craft and The Lost City
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
The mapping looks quite nice tbh
Good luck on your project!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
One thing that's wrong with most FF fangames is that the character names don't sound very... Final Fantasy-y. It's just a little detail that always bugs me.

Buuuut this sounds nice and looks good and whatever so I'll give it a shot. I guess.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Those are pretty nice maps.
Downloading.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
Delaying projects since 2001-ish.
@Snailer: Thanks man! :)

@Rabiit: Hm, you have a point there. I did try to have them sound FF-ish while at the same time being related to the their personalities and such.

@Leviathan: Thanks, I hope you enjoy the demo. :)
Final Fantasy - Untitled
http://www.finalfantasyfangame.tk/ - Temporarily Down
Check out the thread! Demo available!

Tristan Craft and The Lost City
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
WOW, I actually got a RapidShare file to work. For that fact alone, this game gets my seal of approval.
More when I get to play the thing...

EDIT: Yes, this is very good. Most agreeable. Um.

I have a major complaint, however. At the place where you start, you'd normally expect there to be a place where you can rest for the night for a certain fee (reviving dead allies and recovering everyone's HP and MP to max). There isn't, so all my cash is going into keeping everyone alive.

EDIT: My bad, just found the inn.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:11:27 AM by Billy Bullshot »
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.