RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
THE MOSH PIT (metal section of this Fourm)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Post you favorite Metal band of all time. Your favorite song (dosen't have to be from the same band you named) and Your overall fav. album (again dosen't have to be the album of the song you listed)

Band: Anthrax
Song: Black sabbath into the void
Album: Frightmare Bringing Back the Bloodshed
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:16:10 PM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Band: linkin park
Song: in the end
Album: ???
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Post you favorite Metal band of all time, favorite song, and favorite album: (band, song, album don't have to be from the same band)

Band: Anthrax
Song: Black sabbath into the void
Album: Frightmare Bringing Back the Bloodshed

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
ME LIKE MOSH PITS!!!! GARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! BEER BLOOD BOOZE AND THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also....
Blind Guardian
WELCOME TO DYING by Blind Guardian

album ~ Serpentine Gallery ~ Switchblade Symphony....

Wait they're dark wave...... But that is my favorite Album EVAR..... I'm so conflicted.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Valhalla!!!!

eh too bad their new album wasn't so good IMO.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
BLASTPHEMY!

EVERYTHING BLIND GUARDIAN DOES IS GOOD! THEY ARE THE NECTAR OF THOR'S BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol. How about overkill?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Overkill? This isn't a game of kick the noob!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
eh forget it, im not to smart when it comes to power metal. I like thrash alot better, but thats just me.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Band: Metallica
Song: Trapped Under Ice
Album: I don't actually own it, so I am unsure...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Band: Megadeth
Song: Tornado Of Souls
Album: Rust In Peace
:tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Band: Megadeth
Song: Tornado Of Souls
Album: Rust In Peace

Awsome album

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Band: Tenacious D

Song: I am the warlock - Probot

Album: Probot (self titled)

Rep:
Level 96
...Tenacious D is metal~?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Hard Rock... some of it could be considered metal. But if you're going to be picky, Overkill isn't really metal either. Not all of their stuff anyway.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Hard Rock... some of it could be considered metal. But if you're going to be picky, Overkill isn't really metal either. Not all of their stuff anyway.

truth

Led zeppelin isny metal, yet people consider them to be...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
If any one calls zeplin metal infront of me, I will slap them.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If any one calls zeplin metal infront of me, I will slap them.

"metal heads" at my school believe them to be beyond Sabbath in metal, its really kinda sad. And in our new's (highschool news) they have a weekly music report, and last week they said "What are you guys waiting for Go out and grab the new norma jean album if you are a true metal head...and he made it sound like it was all that. It sucks nuts. And he also said it is probally the best metal release of 06.....seriously I can name 100 better realeses this year then that. W/e by next year i will be on the news show since he is a senior and leaving, and i will do the music.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I am beyond a paltry metal head. I am the legendary.... A mother fucking Head Banger.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I am beyond a paltry metal head. I am the legendary.... A mother fucking Head Banger.

lol, Na here at west ranch highschool, we skip in pits, and have the occasional pussy hardcore "mosh" in the p.e locker room.....dam highschool. Im gota leave this place.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
If I were still young and rambunctious. I would own your highschool within a week.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If I were still young and rambunctious. I would own your highschool within a week.

me and my friend just sit back and let these kids speek their MTV minds out...its rather pathetic. story: one day this kid grabbed my ipod and scrolled down the artists list. He was like wtf are these bands? (i thought that was funny) and then he said something. "What is megadeth" I look up like WTF don't you like metal? And him standing there wearing a freeking METALLICA shirt!!!!!!!!! ANd i was like do you know dave musstaine and he replied no who is he? ha

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Force them to listen to Manowar.... They'll likely die on the spot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Their too stuck on their new Madien album. Which I am gona have to say sucked ass! So far my favorite release of 06 is:
Bringing Back The Bloodshed - Frightmare thrash/death

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I haven't had a favorite album release since I got the internet...  ;)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Bittorent.....seriously its great. If we had a section in this fourm just for music, i'd start a megaupload request thread.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I prefer Soulseek.

I find torrents too damn slow for music.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

truth, most sites don't ever have good metal albums, since people mainly have shity taste

Soulseek.....will try =]

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also add me to your prefered members

My siggy is either SexualBubblegum or FuMannChu.... I can't remember which right now.

Rep:
Level 97

truth, most sites don't ever have good metal albums, since people mainly have shity taste

Soulseek.....will try =]

Torrent sites do have some, they're usually just not placed in the right category. Torrents have seriously done wonders for my Kamelot and Symphony X collection.

And... the new Maiden album sucks? I haven't heard that yet. I downloaded it (heh) but haven't listened to it yet. I loved the last one, Dance of Death, or whatever, and it's supposed to be similar.

Then again, you don't seem to like progressive bands too much.

Fuck Metallica though. Especially Lars. A legendary drummer is not one who never uses his ride cymbal, lol. Besides, if I can play his stuff when I was in seventh grade, there is no way that he should be considered one of the best drummers of all tme.

lol at random rantings.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Lars is such a man whore he makes my ass hole quiver.

Rep:
Level 97
It's scary when a man has that effect on you isn't it?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No, I find it funny.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Really, i never liked metallica.....I kno to most it sounds weird, since i mentioned thrash is my favorite sub genre.

Rep:
Level 97
Really, i never liked metallica.....I kno to most it sounds weird, since i mentioned thrash is my favorite sub genre.

It's not that weird. You'll find most people with good taste in metal don't like Metallica. Or at least not anymore.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'll only listen to their stuff From before Load. gah.... After that... They needed to start doing drugs again.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

It's not that weird. You'll find most people with good taste in metal don't like Metallica. Or at least not anymore.

same with pantera. I dislike them...everything past their album "power metal" sucked.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
tHE BARF LIST:

Afi
Paramore
3 Doors down
All American Rejects
Evanescence
My Chemical Romance
Aiden
Taking back sunday
hawthorne heights
the used
the alarm
bowling for soup
greenday
blik182
sum41
nirvarna
sugacult
coldplay
james morisson
from first to last
pink
avril lavegine
lostprophets
Tenacious D
fall out boy
good charlotte
lifehouse
billy talent
paproach
PANIC! at the disco
RAZORLIGHT
the kooks
oasis
bloodhound gang
launa coil
hinder
feeder
less than jake
him
sex pistols
linkin park
placebo
origin
staind
straylight run
muse
sweet
the automatic
the darkness
the verve
30 seconds to mars
36 crazyfists
alien ant farm
arctic monkeys
u2
nickelback
dirty pretty things
puddle of mud
kid rock
lil chris
hoberstank
plain white T's
system of a down
the feeling
the killers

Rep:
Level 96
YOU DICK. DO NOT FUCK WITH NIRVANA.

Rep:
Level 97
Tenacious D should not be on that list, let alone any list with Fall Out Boy.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Concordo With Arrow & Halo. I think Lacuna Coil being that list is questionable because some their stuff is decent. Not good or great, but not sucktacular.

Rep:
Level 97
Oh fuck, I didn't even see Lacuna Coil on there. Jesus man, just because a band is on the radio doesn't mean they suck LOL.

Like Fu said, they have some decent stuff. Doesn't matter anyway, any of us could post a list like that, and then the rest would complain about "this band" or "that band" being on the list. The point is: we all seem to like roughly the same stuff, which is we we're kickass.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sorry for the bands you guys liked being on there, just a rough outline....mainly things I thought should be on there. But sure if you think thouse bands dont deserve to be on there, i will gladly take them off.

Rep:
Level 96
Meh, don't bother. I think I was mostly offended by it being THE barf list, not YOUR barf list. No biggie.

Rep:
Level 97
That's what I was trying to say. You're more than entitled to your opinion, because I'm sure if I made a "barf list" (lol) it would probably have a couple bands on there you like.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Afi
3 Doors down
All American Rejects
Taking back sunday
the used
the alarm
greenday
blik182
sum41
sugacult
coldplay
james morisson
from first to last
lostprophets
Tenacious D
fall out boy
lifehouse
PANIC! at the disco
RAZORLIGHT
oasis
less than jake
him
linkin park
staind
straylight run
muse
the darkness
the verve
30 seconds to mars
alien ant farm
arctic monkeys
dirty pretty things
system of a down

I disagree with all these.

If I were to make a barf list, I can't imagine it'd be very large. I like about 95% of the music I hear. Though some bands, like Hinder, really annoy me to no end, I can sit there and listen to a lot of music and come out liking it. Even the new Justin Timberlake album I like.

Alright, I'll make a barf list.

Barf List:
Hinder
That one Fergie bitch
Hawthorne Heights

As I said, not that much. If I thought about it some more, I could probably come up with a few more bands. But I don't really care too much about bad music. Bad music is bad music, and I'd rather just try to avoid it as much as possible. That being said, my sister is a big fan of Hinder and Hawthorne, and it really does annoy me when she plays said songs constantly. But other than that, the music you listen to is your call.

Now, on to metal. I used to be really big on metal a few years ago. Recently, though, I've come to the conclusion that most mainstream "metal" bands, like Disturbed, Godsmack, and Korn, all sound like the same generic crap, and I've stopped listening to those bands. Some of Disturbed's songs from The Sickness I still listen to occasionally, but they tend to get on my nerves a bit more now because it's so hard to distinguish one of their songs from another.

I've gotten more into melodic, symphonic, and power metal recently, because I like how the music has emotion, but still rocks out. Black metal is usually the same way, but the only black metal artist I really listen to is Dimmu Borgir, and they're not exactly the best example of black metal.

There are some bands that, although they generally sound horrible, I can't help but like them. The shining example in this case would be Between The Buried And Me, whom I suggest you check out. They're a grindcore band, but they transition into a slower, more melodic metal towards the end of their songs. Most of their stuff is interesting to listen to. I recommend the song "Mordecai."

I just realized how long this post really was so I'm going to stop now.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
As I said, not that much. If I thought about it some more, I could probably come up with a few more bands. But I don't really care too much about bad music. Bad music is bad music, and I'd rather just try to avoid it as much as possible. That being said, my sister is a big fan of Hinder and Hawthorne, and it really does annoy me when she plays said songs constantly. But other than that, the music you listen to is your call.

Now, on to metal. I used to be really big on metal a few years ago. Recently, though, I've come to the conclusion that most mainstream "metal" bands, like Disturbed, Godsmack, and Korn, all sound like the same generic crap, and I've stopped listening to those bands. Some of Disturbed's songs from The Sickness I still listen to occasionally, but they tend to get on my nerves a bit more now because it's so hard to distinguish one of their songs from another.

I've gotten more into melodic, symphonic, and power metal recently, because I like how the music has emotion, but still rocks out. Black metal is usually the same way, but the only black metal artist I really listen to is Dimmu Borgir, and they're not exactly the best example of black metal.

There are some bands that, although they generally sound horrible, I can't help but like them. The shining example in this case would be Between The Buried And Me, whom I suggest you check out. They're a grindcore band, but they transition into a slower, more melodic metal towards the end of their songs. Most of their stuff is interesting to listen to. I recommend the song "Mordecai."

I just realized how long this post really was so I'm going to stop now.

You are a very openminded person, in terms of music. That is very cool, since my best friend is the same.

Rep:
Level 97
I would have to say Alien Ant Farm would stay on the Barf List due to the simple fact that they steal music from other bands, and they've been called out on it on several occasions.

I like a lot of metal, but more than that, I like classical, and contemporary classical (symphonic band) music even more. I have a tendancy to not like something because of how little talent a band seems to have (the biggest reason I don't like a lot of those bands), which is something I don't have to worry about in classical, symphonic band, or jazz... With those I can just like what I like.

*Looks at topic title*

Why did you spell it "Fourm"? You're about the sixth person I've seen do that recently, what's the deal?  :lol:

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Is Green Day considered metal?

Rep:
Level 97

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Is Green Day considered metal?

no, they used to me punk, but now their _________ (whats that genre where your music sucks really bad?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Band: In Flames
Song: "Dead Gardens" - Nightwish
Album: Motograter (Self-titled)

REAL metal!

... Oh! and Nouman. I think you're referring to emo/mallcore

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Wrong answer. They're still punk. The difference now is that they're currently trying to add more emotion to their music and failing miserably. They're all in their late twenties/early thirties, and they've gotten to be very washed up. They had their heyday, but it's over now and yet they still try to appeal to the masses.

That being said, I love their pre-American-Idiot stuff. They played a very pure punk.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
true, but now we can't overlook how bad they have sold out, just like metallica had.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Explain how those two bands are sellouts.

Well okay, Green Day is, but Metallica hasn't changed much at all over the several decades they've played.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
god, I knew this would come up even before I pressed post.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Go ahead and explain. It's not like I'm going to bitch you out if you disagree with me.

I personally don't like Metallica all that much, I'm just curious.

Rep:
Level 97
LOL Metallica changed a LOT. They sold out when they stopped doing thrash metal and went into nu-metal, hence making the even bigger bucks. Less and less guitar solos, so to stay radio-audience friendly, drum beats I could play with my wiener, and the like.

Then again, it's no secret I never liked Metallica, so I'm a little biased.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
really I couldn't explain its just what I have heard and read, and even sounded. THeir new albums suck big compared to their thrash stuff. To me it seemed they saw new bands that were making big bucks with shitty music, and rushed into making albums that sounded the same over and over.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
LOL Metallica changed a LOT. They sold out when they stopped doing thrash metal and went into nu-metal, hence making the even bigger bucks. Less and less guitar solos, so to stay radio-audience friendly, drum beats I could play with my wiener, and the like.

Maybe I haven't heard enough new Metallica then.

Rep:
Level 97
Not to mention in the beginning they stole some of Dave Mustaine's stuff.

[Begin Metallica vs. Megadeth debate]

Maybe I haven't heard enough new Metallica then.

Not sure if that's sarcastic or not, lol.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
eh, (yes I am a huge thrash fan and a huge MEGADETH fan...points at sig) I would have to say Megadeth, but even then metallica did do alot for metal and I have respect for that. Only thing I havn't liked from megadeth was Youthanasia, but how can anyone not like RIP! anyways new megadeth album next year...so I wana see if they stick to Youthanasia style or RIP. I'm hopeing its RIP.

O and btw....wtf is anthrax doing? one of my fav bands got a friggen new singer? since when, they really need to call it quits now.

Rep:
Level 97
Didn't know Anthrax got a new singer....  WHY!? John Bush was great.

For Megadeth: Youthanasia grew on me after a while, some of it anyway. I even liked some of Risk, but only some... As far as their new album is concerned, it probably will have elements of both Youthanasia and Rust In Peace, but like everything they've been doing, it will actually be different altogether. They're a progressive metal band, and that's the way it works.

I would have to agree about Metallica, I do respect them to an extent for bringing life to the thrash metal genre, but they don't deserve the credit they get for being one of "TEH GR8EST BANDS EVRRRRR".

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I don't listen to much thrash anymore either, though I still like Bring The Noise.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
haha their rap song...you know they made their own rap 'I'm the man" its funny as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWjc8vYEdu8

Rep:
Level 97
The only metal I make a point to listen to anymore is Megadeth, and maybe a little Opeth. Most people count Dream Theater as metal, so them too. Otherwise, it's just whenever my band has practice, or whatever comes up in my playlist.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't know if I have heard any new Metallica, but I'm probably better off not knowing. :-\

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I bet you have "saint anger"

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The only metal I make a point to listen to anymore is Megadeth, and maybe a little Opeth. Most people count Dream Theater as metal, so them too. Otherwise, it's just whenever my band has practice, or whatever comes up in my playlist.

I'd consider them metal too, though most others just see them as rock. So when I refer to Dream Theater, or Rush, or any of those kinds of bands, I just call them progressive.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the only nu-metal i would listen to is frightmare, and A life once lost I have gotten into them because I relalized I should at least likee a few new bands so I can put up an argument when people name As I lay dying as good...haha

Frightmare because wow they are a pretty dam good trash band, vocals are like something from death metal.
Al life once lost: wow people really don't like them, but i see out of most new bands they have talent

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Candlemass.

Not for fans of faster genres, but it's still heavy as fuck. The vocals might be a bit off-putting at first but once you get used to it you'll be very pleased.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That's alright. I learned to like Kai Hansen eventually.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

No Moonspell and Manowar?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Bad Halo! Bad! No soup for you!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I honestly think Manowar's kind of boring, at least compared to other power metal bands. Never heard Moonspell though.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
How can you not know of  Moonspell?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I said I haven't heard them, not that I haven't heard OF them.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Download the following Songses from moonspell, you will thank me for it.

Alma Mater
Ataegina
Opium

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Download the following Songses from moonspell, you will thank me for it.

Alma Mater
Ataegina
Opium

HAHA, lol I relaized I have all them already downloaded, will click play and tell you awnser.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
So whats so far your FAV metal album of 2006?...and of course why

Mine:

Frightmare - Bringing Back The Bloodshed

WOW frightmare is fucking insane in this album! Thrash with death-metal like vocals, freeking great album from first song to last.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
does anybody like Dragonforce?

such awesome guitar...

anyways, i also like Question, Chop SUey, Mezmorize, and Pizze Pie by System of a Down,. Also, Faint ("i wont be ignored" maybe?), Numb, In the End, A Place for my Head, and Breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park.   

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Band: Trust Company
Song: Drop to Zero
Album: The Lonely post
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm going to a Blind Guardian Concert friday... Feel free to worship me.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
depends are they going to play stuff from their new album? if so....eh it was ok.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Remember, I'm a BG mark? I don't care as long as they do WELCOME TO DYING. Oh and I'm getting drunk for the last time at the concert, and of course I'm gonna thrash the pit.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
OH MY GOD. FUCKING INSAne. I FUCKING MOSHED IN MY ROOM TO THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQI3BSVOKM

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
That was insane.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Remember, I'm a BG mark? I don't care as long as they do WELCOME TO DYING. Oh and I'm getting drunk for the last time at the concert, and of course I'm gonna thrash the pit.

I'll convert to Islam if they play The Last Candle.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Even if they did, I doubt you'd touch islam with a 20 foot pole.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
im muslim.....

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I wasn't knocking you. It's something he would NEVER do.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ooooooooo ok..

NOw back to the METAL

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
okay... BLIND GUARDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
So I went to the Blind Guardian concert yesterday and it was TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME!

My only gripe was that water bottles cost four bucks. Eat shit, New York.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I got back from teh BG conecert today a little while ago....

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I hate you two....lol

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
FuMannChu:

THis is for you.

wow, that owns...I can't wai for someone to start a slipknot topic here, Im gona reply with that shit.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When I get sick of my current avy, I'm prolly going to have that as my new one.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I like Nonpoint. and Pantera
Thems some good bands.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I got kicked out of class today, reason we read a story and when I had to read the definition page...."Man-o-war" was the second word, meaning "worship" I yelled "Manowar, great band" and I guess he got ticked off...lame.

OK new thing to post:

In your opinion, most over-rated band, and most underated band (band that deserves more props.)

Mine:
Nirvana over-rated
ANTHRAX...they need some props.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Overrated: Anthrax
Underrated: Nirvana

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
either it was serious or a joke  :D eh..its all a matter of opnion.

ok changed rules (along with underrated add a song name people should check out)

again:

Overrated:
Nirvana

Underrated:
Anthrax (check out song titled: "Panic"

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Over Rated - Anything that is 'Emo'
Underrated - FINNTROLL!!!!!!!! Damn it, they might not sing in english but the fact they aren't on the radio over here is such an injustice it makes me want to get Rightous on people. HEAVY METAL PALADIN, BITCH!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Great suggestion. Hey Fu, check out this excellent cover of Trollhammaren:

Trollhammaren  (Viking Pride Cover)

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
shit-porn story :-D
Wtf are you talking about? Anthrax is pop-rock joometal, they are one of the most popular and well know metal bands ever, they are horribly overrated is what you meant. Why not support (actually) underrated bands that actually deserve support, like Sort Vokter?

Song: Gralysning

Album: Folkloric Necro Metal

Band SORT FUCKING VOKTER!!

[Edit] Finntroll is good, but certainly not underrated, they are very popular and a huge headliner. Jeezz...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You don't sound like a very happy person.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hmmm...anthrax pop-rock joometal?

Im pretty sure they are thrash? I remember the story of Metallica, megadeth, slayer, AND anthrax....

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
You don't sound like a very happy person.

Your humour escapes me.

hmmm...anthrax pop-rock joometal?

Im pretty sure they are thrash? I remember the story of Metallica, megadeth, slayer, AND anthrax....

I remember the story of three bands intent on making extreme (for the time) metal into something easily digestible for the mainstream audience and one band that was pretty freakin awesome untill they released "Divine Intervention" and lost all their hetero street cred.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
never said I like slayer...but ok.

and among the living, and rip are great thrash metal albums...not so mainstream to me

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Let's talk power metal now. I've been listening to a lot of that lately.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Blind Gaurdian?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yep, but I've listened to a lot more than that. I'll just post some random youtube videos, as I have a habit of doing.

DragonForce - Operation Ground And Pound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIiJYHRFpvE

DragonForce - Through The Fire And Flames http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRtlG5Bs1R0

HammerFall - Blood Bound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCZdyanDoM

HammerFall - Hearts On Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GanBer_ngCs

HammerFall - Always Will Be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwlnJKyQRk

Helloween - I Want Out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mIxv56fSuY

Helloween - Halloween http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_wfS-7NYw

Gamma Ray - Send Me A Sign http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBTUzvzqVvo

Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znp-bF_Hc1g

And finally, the old band of Anthrax's singer:

Armored Saint - Last Train Home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCfjke5vbc

Rep:
Level 97
<3's to Dragonforce, Blind Guardian, and Armored Saint. The rest are pretty good too.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
So Halo, today I just found some old power metal song I don't remember making. I'm inspired to finish it up, so I'll let you know when I've done something to it. 8)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no dragonforce for me...

reason:

IMO: There is no difference in any of their tracks...they all sound the friigen same!

but as for AS dam! that video kicked ass

Rep:
Level 97
So Halo, today I just found some old power metal song I don't remember making. I'm inspired to finish it up, so I'll let you know when I've done something to it. 8)

Awesome.

no dragonforce for me...

reason:

IMO: There is no difference in any of their tracks...they all sound the friigen same!

Fail. You've never heard Armored Saint before? And maybe you're just not awesome enough to determine the difference in Dragonforce's songs.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
no dragonforce for me...

reason:

FYI: All of Anthrax's songs sound the same too.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no I have heard of them, and their muisc I was reffering to the VIDEO not the band totally....

again in our thoughts of dragonforce...all opinions..right?

hmmmm reminds me of this day in science this kid was talking about music, and I said stright up Led Zeppelin is overratted compared to Black sabbath...and the kid and his friends claimed sabbath is way more overrated then Zepplein...heck the kid even said "and your a metal fan..psh" I laughed so hard in his face...Zeppelin is hard rock, and you call yourself a metal fan and diss sabbath..

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

FYI: All of Anthrax's songs sound the same too.

hmmm name one to another?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Name one Dragonforce song to another.

Rep:
Level 97
I like Led Zeppelin more than Black Sabbath.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
"now, dragonforce has, without a doubt technical talent

but, as the unoriginality scale goes, they get a ten.

if you will listen, all their songs sound exactly the same

hell, some songs have the SAME EXACT RIFFS, VOCALS AND LYRICS

IE: the solos in "once in a lifetime" and"my spirit will go one"

and the "ooooOOOOoOOOaaaahhhooo!" in "once in a lifetime" and"my spirit will go one"

not to mention the solos sound rediculously similar to slower solos by helloween, gamma ray, and blind guardian

your turn

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Okay. "Madhouse" and "I Am The Law." Both songs consist of strumming the top string open and applying random frets in sequence. It's hard to explain it, but maybe I can do it in code. One second.

Rep:
Level 97
@nouman: Those two songs you referred to are from the same album, and is a technique called theme and variation. It isn't just some lame excuse to make the song longer or to have more songs on the album.

Also, who cares? Metallica has tons of guitar solos ripped off from several other bands. And I doubt dragonforce did this anyway, you can't just steal a guitar solo without making the backup music have the same chord progression, which is too much trouble to do than just coming up with your own, which they are more than capable of doing. They're also fast, several songs WILL sound the same, that doesn't mean they are. Most bands this fast have no melody, and repeated drum beats and guitar riffs, which Dragonforce does not. It only takes a minor knowledge of music to notice this.

As for Anthrax, I like them, but every song on Persistence of Time is relatively the same, and also sucks.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
what band dosen't have their bad albums? hell metallica has many, megadeth has youthanasia, and slayer has some.....

"Most bands this fast have no melody, and repeated drum beats and guitar riffs, which Dragonforce does not."

anthrax - panic owns alll of that imo.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:54:15 AM by Nouman6 »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Alright. Hopefully this shows you what I mean. Here we have the tablature view of a guitar:

Code: [Select]
E ----------------------------------------------------------------
B ----------------------------------------------------------------
G ----------------------------------------------------------------
D ----------------------------------------------------------------
A ----------------------------------------------------------------

The guitars Anthrax uses may have a different tuning, but I'm not looking it up as it's irrelevant to my argument. Anyways, most of their songs start with this basis:

A ----------------------------------------------------------------
E --0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0-

and then they try to "switch it up" by adding different notes like so:

A ----------7-----------5-----------3-----------2-----------------
E --0---0-------0---0-------0---0-------0---0-------0---2---3---2-

and build their entire song around that. This is what makes most of their songs sound so similar. Keep in mind most bands these days follow their conventions to write their songs. I love Death Cab For Cutie, but there's no denying that I Will Follow You Into The Dark and Soul Meets Body use the same exact chords. I also love Dragonforce, and though I agree with you that their songs sound similar, it doesn't make me enjoy the music any less. My point is, I feel that saying a band's songs sound the same is a terrible excuse to not listen to them, as most bands write songs that sounds similar to one another.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
how about how bad their live shows are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oii1EF7DnFM

haha

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
So what Zypher means is that.... Bands have a theme so you can tell who the hell it is. I just felt like condensing it incase some one was too lazy to read all that.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea but dragonforce expresses that on EVERY song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgVllmChdRs

haha watch till the end..if you get the message then good for you, hope you enjoy the dragonforce part in there

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
As for the tripping and falling video, it was probably done on purpose. They do it a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaXf-Fhf4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL9-YAPmUYQ

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes, I am aware of that, and no it is not a video of that...watch it..they suck in it.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I don't really see how they sucked in that video; then again, the audio quality on it wasn't all that great. I hope you're not basing their performance off of that.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sorry halo, but no im not basing it off of that  :D

again its all opninions. that video was a cheap shot at dragonforce, yes I can admit that.

Rep:
Level 97
Bleh, I deleted my post while you were replying apparently, because I figured my post was a bit unnecessary.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok, lets take this topic off the DEBATE issue, I don't want to change the way we think of each other here, so new thing:
Post your fav album art! (funny, SICK, SCARY, weird...any)

big view:)
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/trzr138/imgs/b/1/b1ea7a26.jpg

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
This better? I forget that that website does not allow you to link directly to their images...

The Dead Shall Inherit by Baphomet for best use of zombie imagery...

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss by Burzum for best use of folk art...

Summoning's Let Mortal Heros Sing Your Fame for epicness...

Dawn of The Black Hearts by Mayhem for brutallity...

And Black Tribe Split album with The Silence for modern mythological weirdness...

And my personal favorite: Fire Chariot of Destruction by Graveland for surrealistic awesomeness...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:11:27 AM by hatefuckingforest »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You just got ultra-mega-uber-owned.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
NOOOOOOOO they don't show

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You just got ultra-mega-uber-owned.

??

What's not to get? Unless I'm mistaken, all those images above say they owned you.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:50:44 AM by Zypher »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I think zypher ment you got owned trying to directly link the images..

anyways MORE ALBUM COVERS NEEDED

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
will post when found.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Surprisingly, I don't have a favorite cover art for an album. Probably because I tend not to care about that stuff.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnhdJVh9iIY

I have a new favorite band Zypher, and everyone go to that, and headbang now.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Dragonforce is good for the lulz.

Also, hatefuckingforest has got it right. This is definitely my favorite album cover, even if it's not my favorite album.

LOL HE WUZ KALED DEAD 2 LOLLOOL

But seriously. It's a shame Per Yngve Ohlin is dead.

EDIT: Also, his suicide note was funny.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnhdJVh9iIY

I have a new favorite band Zypher, and everyone go to that, and headbang now.

I've been listening to Wintersun for a while now. Good choice.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
my dad finnaly got one of his workers up north get their album!!!!!!!! FUCKING FINNALY!!!!!!!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Your dad has minions?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no his workers are loyal/ =]

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Awwwwwww. It would be kick ass if he had minions.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Is your dad a pimp?

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
Does your dad hate you? Is that why he sodomizes your ears with christian gaycore "metal"? Wintersun? Dragonforce? What next? Kvlt Jewish "Black Metal" Dredle of Filth?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Blind Guardian > Dragonforce.... It's true.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't listen to radio anymore...I don't know half of the bands currently out there. I just listen to instrumental stuff.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Does your dad hate you? Is that why he sodomizes your ears with christian gaycore "metal"? Wintersun? Dragonforce? What next? Kvlt Jewish "Black Metal" Dredle of Filth?

hmm..if you knew what music was then maybe you would realize Wintersun is a great band..and if you knew how to read, you would see I hate dragon force..and well I hate cradle of filth also...

and fu...your WAY right.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89

hmm..if you knew what music was then maybe you would realize Wintersun is a great band..and if you knew how to read, you would see I hate dragon force..and well I hate cradle of filth also...

I know what music is, and I've listened to Wintersun. Wintersun is indeed music, and it is also right to be called metal, it is, however, of the lowest quality "metal" out there; this is exascerbated by the way they are lauded as some great big revolution in metal. Omgz the put MELODY into DEATH METAL? How cleaver and origional; who needs serious, thought provoking serious Death Metal with real melodic underpinnings and composition, neo-classical narrative songwriting, and powerfull asthetics (Entombed, At The Gates (first two albums), Therion, Dismember and others) when we can have recycled recombinant rock songs with death metal asthetics slapped over top and simplistic cheese styled melody that sounds like the missing LoTR movies sound tracks like Wintersun delivers? Plus they have a Viking hook? Joy. Let's leave the viking stuff to people who won't fuck it up (and only Quorthon could do that, so, let's just leave it alltogether).

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
nerver said anything about wintersun...just said their are good and I JUST got their album...as for the other bands you listed, I too enjoy at the gates, and I would place them way above wintersun..just asking what would you pick to be the greatest band that formed after 1998?...I would asume not too many, that is why I enjoy wintersun, probally one of the few "new" bands I can enjoy, without going and finding one in the Metalcore sceen...and of course I like frightmare...yea I sorta enjoy screeming sometimes.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Who the hell are you to criticize my taste in music? I could care less if they're not SUPER HARDCORE RAWR METAL THRASH KILL GRR. I listen to them because I like them, simple as that. If you don't like them, fine, but keep your bullshit criticisms to yourself.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
Who the hell are you to criticize my taste in music? I could care less if they're not SUPER HARDCORE RAWR METAL THRASH KILL GRR. I listen to them because I like them, simple as that. If you don't like them, fine, but keep your bullshit criticisms to yourself.

Boo hoo, sorry I offended you meth bitch; eventually people are just going to have to accept the fact that not all opinions are equal.

As for dragonforce, just take every criticism I had for wintersun (except the death metal stuff), but add the fact that their "amazing" technical prowess is also a worthless pile of shit; as they still can't write a decent song halfway worth listening too.

Also, that "SUPER HARDCORE RAWR METAL THRASH KILL GRR" line is classic, though, I'm more into Death Metal and Black Metal than Thrash.

Rep:
Level 97
The reason death metal singers sing the way they do is because of all the sperm stuck in the back of their throat.

See, I can make insults about music other people like, say it sucks and not explain why too. I haven't read a single valid point from you in this entire thread.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The reason death metal singers sing the way they do is because of all the sperm stuck in the back of their throat.

Hahaha.

Quote from: halo
See, I can make insults about music other people like, say it sucks and not explain why too. I haven't read a single valid point from you in this entire thread.

The worst part is you have the power to ban him for being such a douche and you pass it up again. A few days away won't kill him, I'm sure.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I actually don't think he'll get banned. He's expressing an opnion, nothing more.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Alright then. From now on I'm going to call you a cocksucker after every post you make, since there's no way I'll get banned. It's only an opinion, right?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Alright then. From now on I'm going to call you a cocksucker after every post you make, since there's no way I'll get banned. It's only an opinion, right? By the way, can you suck mine? I love a good blow job.

I <3 editing qoutes.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
..just asking what would you pick to be the greatest band that formed after 1998?...I would asume not too many

It is true that after, say, 1994, things have been looking pretty bleak for metal as a developing artistic movement. However, there have indeed been some excellent bands to arise after 1998 during a period of relative drought as far as metal is concerned. So here are some bands, that carry one the spirit of the original creative minds and innovators in Extreme and Non-extreme metal. These are all more than a set of aesthetics; each carries a thought, or a fragment of inspiration, that has been transposed into the sonic medium, tapping into the inherent ideological underpinnings of all Romanticist and Neo-Classical music:

Socier Des Glaces: very interesting black metal from Quebec, semi-droning ambient riffs formed around basic melodic narrative standpoint in each song, with a disseperate but conclusive aesthetic in each song, though some betray their simplicity when they tapir out… Much more “progressive” than most bands who bear the label; as they explore new dynamics for black metal songwriting in an otherwise non-innovation friendly scene. Very recommended. Recommended recordings: Snowland

NME: Basically Venom meets Mayhem halfway; stadium Black Metal with punk-rock sensibilities but a very strong sense of the constructively destructive riff, as it were. Songs are short, simple, and savage. Recommended recordings: Unholy Death

Noenum: A Burzum (Burzum/Aske era) worship band of the best caliber. Whereas most Burzum clones attempt to capture the spellbinding essence of Varg’s music by imitating the simple droning ambiance and repetitive chord progressions, most are simply incapable of creating a central melody, powerful, or transposable or functional enough to carry a song, and end up filling in long songs (often 10-20 minutes) with Sunn O))) style static and drones, and thus end up sounding more like each other than that which the seek to copy. Noenum avoids this trap by finding what did make Burzum so powerful (the organic and thought-diffusive folk “medley” melodies) and applying that to interesting, if not wholly innovative black metal song constructs; an excellent ‘rainy day’ album. A pleasurable bonus: the singer has a rather respectable Varg-esqe hoarse shriek, which so many seek, but so few can seem to achieve. Recommended recordings: Black Esoteric Evangelium

AOC: Emperor Styled neo-classical romanticist Black Metal. Powerful but unobtrusive and revolving narrative vaguely ‘folksy’ melodies wrapped in an organic wash of Immortal style ambient drumming and clear guitar tone. Occasional mechanically croaked vocals and synthetic flutes allow themselves to work as novelty items in various songs on more than a superficial level, both accentuating and distracting from the central motives of the songs. A journey in a moment, and a single moment observed over the course of many. Much recommended. Recommended recordings: AOC Split with Lunar Reign

Gordian Knot: Progressive Heavy Metal arising from the ashes of fallen progressive death metal band Cynic. Combining the best of both classical and metal narrative song structuring, a sensible and power application of free-jazz styled musical technique and theory based technicality and a willingness to delve deep into the realms of creative electronic instrumentation lends this band all of the good connotations of the term progressive and none of the negative. Being of traditional heavy metal aesthetic styling’s, also gives it the economic advantage of being readily digestible by metalheads not versed of accustomed to the harshness of extreme metal, but seeking the rhythmic, narrative and melodic intricacies of the best artists in these fields. Extremely recommended. Recommended recordings: Gordian Knot, Emergent

There are more to be found, I’m sure.

As to other matters, Haloofthesun, read what I said about Wintersun and then dragonforce, my points are there. They remain valid whether you choose to accept them or not.

Zypher, quit being so touchy or quit listening to metal, you're like a woman. You can either accept the inherent idealogical underpinnings of Metal music and culture, which includes elitism or you can accept your possition as a hipster-metal fan, ei: a False Metalhead.

[Edit after seeing new posts] no, scratch that: Zypher, please choke on cock.

Fu, I may just get banned, many of my ways are at odds with the groupthink on this board, including my refusal to accept mediocre metal bands, or accept ignorant (or hopefully merely uninformed) oppinions of others less well versed in these maters, on these matters.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
eh, never heard of any of thouse bands...will check out the one you listed that wasn't black metal..I not to into black metal..the singers might as well be femals (welll thats from what I have heard in the black metal I have heard) so ya I guess I will give it a chance..and the reason I brought up wintersun is because I need some new bands I can get into..some that aren't as old as my main playlist..Sabbath, megadeth, anthrax, Death, at the gates, amon amerth...ect..

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I get it. Because I don't listen to REAL HEAVY METAL, I must be a touchy woman who isn't "well-versed" in the genre. I listen to plenty of what you would call "true metal," I just don't care to be an overly antagonistic genre nazi about what I listen to. Quit being so fucking judgmental.

I'm wondering why I'm bothering trying to argue with you because you're a stubborn asshole who thinks his way is the only way. Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a lesser person, and I pity you if you really feel that way. Realize that people like different things than you and grow the fuck up.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
I see, that having seen the logic in my arguments, you are reduced to simply stating, "My opinion is equal to yours, therefor I win".

This alone, invalidates you as a true metalhead or a participant in the idealogical or cultural aspects of the music/art movement; that is the only judgement I'm making on you.

Also, if you want to seem like less of an over defensive woman, quit being so knee-jerk in the childishness of your reactions to the opinions of someone whose opinions you clearly don't value.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Okay yeah I'm definitely done arguing with you. You're starting to sound just like Naphe.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
Naphe is loaded word on this forum?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Naphe is probably the worst thing to call some one here. I'll explain on aim who he was. Probably tommorow. I'm starting to get tired.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I was talking more about the fact that he's trying to use big words to make himself look more intelligent, when it fact it just makes him look foolish. He's not lying or threatening at all.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
What big words?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Whatever, I'm gonna step in and post some music for you all.

Listen~

Totally love this band right now <3

It's pretty pop-ish I guess, but I don't care.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 07:03:09 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

New:

Fav black sabbath song!

Mine: Into the Void, then Black Sabbath.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Hate, if I had a cock, Socier Des Glaces would slurp it loudly. I can't stand them. Also- Burzum is good, Noenum is not so great. You being an elitist, I'd have thought you'd have better taste.

...but I'm listening to Bolt Thrower right now, so I can't really talk :(

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm enjoying Manowar right now. Feel free to admit that I kick ass.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
I can't really dig Lost Horizon. No idea why.

An erotic christian
Rep:
Level 89
Hate, if I had a cock, Socier Des Glaces would slurp it loudly. I can't stand them. Also- Burzum is good, Noenum is not so great. You being an elitist, I'd have thought you'd have better taste.

Socier Des Glaces weave simple but profound melodies through multiple compositonal layers layers of ambiant guitar and keyboard wash and and accentuate it with high soaring, croaking vocals almost opratic in their delivery. HAIL Sorcier Des Glaces! Honestly Djangonator!

As for Noenum, no, they are not nearly so good as Burzum, but of all the Burzum clones, they are of the best, honestly, they've always felt they could be the missing b-side tracks from Varg's '91 demos. I stand by what I said before, Noenum is a good rainy day band.

I am, of course, limited in scope here to bands that formed after 1998, you remember? That alone rules out all of the best bands... ;-)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I shudder when I think of music made past 1996. That was the years music started to take a nose dive in general.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Lies.

Horrible lies.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Wait what I said or what Hate said?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'm pretty sure it isn't what you said...you didn't say much to have it be a lie  :P

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
What you said. There are tons, TONS of great metal bands past 1996, Fu. Not to say I don't like to listen to some classic 80's metal, but bands these days are plain out rockin'. It's all about broadening your horizons, duder.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ahhh I know understand...ya some good bands have come out...of course nothing like sabbath, or the original thrash bands (which most are still active)...but hey, you have to adapt, or your going to listening to "what is this, that stands before me"...till your 90 years old. Not that theres anything wrong with that its just it will get old.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I think you keep forgetting that I was a teenager when music started to die. I remember it all to well. Also Zypher is the 'good new bands' you're talking about is stuff like Panic at The Disco or Hawthorne Hieghts I'm going to be so dissapointed that I'll puke.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

Socier Des Glaces weave simple but profound melodies through multiple compositonal layers layers of ambiant guitar and keyboard wash and and accentuate it with high soaring, croaking vocals almost opratic in their delivery. HAIL Sorcier Des Glaces! Honestly Djangonator!

As for Noenum, no, they are not nearly so good as Burzum, but of all the Burzum clones, they are of the best, honestly, they've always felt they could be the missing b-side tracks from Varg's '91 demos. I stand by what I said before, Noenum is a good rainy day band.

I am, of course, limited in scope here to bands that formed after 1998, you remember? That alone rules out all of the best bands... ;-)

If I were to listen to something "simple but profound", it wouldn't be Socier Des Glaces because their interpretation of those words seems to be something like "hey we suck cock". But what from Quebec doesn't? Black metal should be left to Scandos, anyway, in my opinion.

Noenum- nobody does Varg as well as Varg, and I wish they'd quit trying.

Also, Zypher has a point about broadening your horizons. Especially since all the BM bands past '98 have been pretty uniform in sound and image (if they weren't before).

EDIT:@Fu- music isn't dead, but plenty of bands are stepping on its throat and stomping down.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
No, Fu, that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about awesome bands like Dragonforce, Symphony X, Agathodaimon, Dimmu Borgir, and Ensiferum, who came out in the mid- to late-1990's and kick major major ass.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
No, Fu, that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about awesome bands like Dragonforce, Symphony X, Agathodaimon, Dimmu Borgir, and Ensiferum, who came out in the mid- to late-1990's and kick major major ass.

<3

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes but at the same time we have to see how many BAD bands came out...too many..just too many. I think the reason so many old bands are "great' is because when they did it, it was something never done before, new style, new sounds, new everything. You had to like it.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Who gives a fuck about bad bands? If a band's bad, just don't listen to them. Focusing on them and saying "THESE BANDS HAVE RUINED MUSIC" doesn't solve anything. Listen to what you like, and let bad bands be bad bands.

Nouman, you're making it sound like there were hardly any bad bands back then. The fact of the matter is, the good bands of that era are the only ones you hear about. You don't hear about the one-hit radio crap bands of the 70s and 80s, just the great bands that were talented and influential. It will be the same in 30 years when OUR children talk about how bad the bands of their era is, and how ours is the golden age of music.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
good point man..yea that is true you don't hear much about the bad bands of back in the day.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If you really care about music, you can find good things today.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Dragon force is 100% mediocre. And Symphony X just doesn't do it for me. But you're forgetting all the horrible shit that started coming around after 1996 like limp triscut and papa roach oh and Sunna, don't forget Sunna, oh yeah and every album Tool has done after Aenima. The list of craptastic music is huge.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hahahha, I hate tool with a passion..they suck badly, and all the kdis at my school think they are FUCKING METAL TO THE MAX, because they have a penis on their shirt maade from a wrench...and of course they all own SLIPKnot shirts.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Dragon force is 100% mediocre. And Symphony X just doesn't do it for me. But you're forgetting all the horrible shit that started coming around after 1996 like limp triscut and papa roach oh and Sunna, don't forget Sunna, oh yeah and every album Tool has done after Aenima. The list of craptastic music is huge.
The craptastic music list has always been huge and will always be huge. You just never focused on it until recently.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No, it's that you didn't notice that the pool of craptastic music sharply increased around 1996.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
lol stubborn

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm not being stubborn. It just a plain fact that around 1996 almost everything started sounding like regurgitated pop music.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Okay man. I'd love to see some documented proof of these "facts."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I already mentioned a few shit bands that came around after 1996. You're just to stubborn to admit you're completely WORNG.

Although I do have to admit consumers are partailly to blame. If every one knew their asses from their elbows when it comes to music, bands like Self wouldn't be defunct.

Oh yeah, just remebered another one.... The Venga Boys.... And **shudders** Chumbawumba..... Chumbawumba was so bad it made Thor kill kittens. Fricken KITTENS! Don't you care about kittens?

Oh yeah, and pretty much the whole Rap Genre, it sucked beofre 1996, but after that it got worse. MUCH worse, at one point people added 'izzo' at the end of words randomly, seriously Rappers were doing that.

What you aren't understanding, is that I said music IN GENERAL. If you payed attention to that maybe you wouldn't of made me do a long post. Which by the way, as every one knows is something I try to avoid.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You naming off a few bands isn't documented proof at all. Just because you say a band sounds like regurgitated pop music doesn't make it so.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Oh yeah, and pretty much the whole Rap Genre, it sucked beofre 1996, but after that it got worse. MUCH worse, at one point people added 'izzo' at the end of words randomly, seriously Rappers were doing that.

I believe it was "izzle" :P And maybe it's just me, but I don't think rap is too bad as long as a relative amount of intelligence is put into it (and the same thing can be said about most music). Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good.

People will always be like "music stopped being good around [year]". Plenty of other people think YOUR music is shit. Complaining isn't going to change what YOU think is bad music, because it is obvious that YOU don't have a big effect on the recording industry. Music is, to a degree, about what is "good" and what is "not", but it is more about what sells- that's just how the world (how business) works.

I don't really care to look up and listen to every band that came about after '96 or '98 or whatever. I'm sure there are shitty ones, but there are also plenty of good ones.

I don't like Manowar that much :o

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
How can you not like Manowar? Seriously, it's bread and butter for Xanga trolls. BAD TROLL! BAD! NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
I like Immortal (for the most part), but this picture is too fucking funny for words.

It's a little more than obvious as to why a lot of people don't take metal seriously.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I always rationalised it as most people are too fucking stupid to know what good music is.

I like "Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Mudvyne" and other various artist of this genre

Rep:
Level 88
My courageous insanity follows an infinite time
I'd have to say that my favortite metal song would be Free Fall by In Flames from the Reroute to remain album, but my favorite metal band period would probably be Soilwork then In Flames at second. After that i don't really have an order of favorites but i also like the bands...here comes a long list going in alphabetical order..sorta: 3, 3 Inches of Blood, 36 Crazyfists, 69 Eyes, A Life once lost, The Accident Experiment, Adema, Alice in chains, All that remains, American Head Charge, Anthrax, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Bile, The Black Dahlia Murder, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Bleed the sky, Blinded Colony, Blind Guardian, Catamenia, Cellador, Celtic Frost, Children of Bodem, Chimaira, Coal Chamber, Cradle of Filth, Crossbreed, Danzig, Deadstar Assembly, Deftones, Devil Driver, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Dope, downthesun, DragonForce, Dream Evil, Dry Kill Logic, Entombed, Faith no more, Fear Factory, Godhead, Hammerfall, Haste, Hatebreed, dunno if i'd consider HIM metal but i like them too, HourCast, Hurt, Iced Earth, Ill Nino, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kidney Thieves, Killswitch Engage, Kittie, KoRn, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of god, Leatherwolf, Lollipop Lust Kill, Machine Head, Manowar, Marduk, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Megaherz, Mendozza, Meshuggah, Metallica, Monster Magnet, Motograter, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, Napalm Death, Nevermore, Nightwish, NMSO4, Norma Jean, Nothing Face, Obituary, Opeth, Otep, Pantera, Peeping Tom, Primer 55, Prong, Psychostick,  Ra, Rammstein, Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie, Sentanced, Sepultura, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shattersphere, Skindred, Slipknot, Soil, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, Static-X, Stone Sour, Sucide Commando, System of a down, Three days grace, Throwdown, Tijuana Crackwhore, Tool, Trivium, Type O Negative, Unearth, V Shape Mind, With Dead Hands Rising, and last but not least Zao. Damn that took awhile lol.

Rep:
Level 96
Too much text...eyes hurt...lol...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yes, this new guy needs to brush up on his grammar a little.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold,
The Black Dahlia Murder
Children of Bodem
Cradle of Filth
Deftones
Dimmu Borgir
Disturbed
Faith no more
Fear Factory
Killswitch Engage
KoRn
Marilyn Manson
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie
Slipknot
Static-X
Tool

Die.

Oh, and I didn't include the bands I didn't recognize, but a lot of them sound like shitty metalcore bands. You are a failure.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Rammstein's pretty awesome.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold,
Children of Bodem
Dimmu Borgir
Rammstein
Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie

Die.

Oh, and I didn't include the bands I didn't recognize, but a lot of them sound like shitty metalcore bands. You are a failure.

I included the bands I thought were fine. There are obviously better bands,  but they're not bad.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Rammstein's pretty awesome.

Rammstien is pretty gay and decidedly un-awesome. I used to listen to them when I was 14, then one day I grew up and realized how shitty they were.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
I included the bands I thought were fine. There are obviously better bands,  but they're not bad.

You think Demon Burger is "not bad"? At least you didn't include Cradle of Filth. I heard one of their songs in my formative years and it almost turned me off to metal.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Jesus Hitler.....is the only one on this forum with some metal taste...

"Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold,
Children of Bodem
Dimmu Borgir
Rammstein
Rob white zombie or Rob Zombie"

I think you need this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkxwPwMi4Fw

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You think Demon Burger is "not bad"?

Nah, they're not bad. I mean, they've gone pretty mainstream, and there are tons of better bands out there in the same genre, but they're not awful.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
JH is forgetting that the only use of Ramstien is to play their junk while you're playing RF2 or Unreal.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Not considered pure metal by most but...

Protest the Hero
Glassjaw
Lost Horizon
Dragonforce
Blind Guardian
He Is Legend
HORSE the Band
Strung Out
Fall of Troy
Avenged Sevenfold (old stuff)
A Wilhelm Scream
At The Drive In (more odd than metal, but still heavy)

I tend to listen to more punk and power metal than pure metal.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
EHEM! What did you say about BG????????????? BG is pure metal, it's classic! BAD! NEVER INSULT THEM AGAIN!

Rep:
Level 97
He... didn't?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm a rabid BG fan, remember.

There are like three ways to make me go crazy.
1. Insult Thor
2. Insult BG
3. Tell me that I knocked Amanda up.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Gay Thor sucks BG's tiny cock while Amanda breastfeeds BabyMannChu.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'LL KILL YOU!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
<Biohazard> rob zombie is better than that megadeth shit

I cant stop laughing

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Neither can I. My sides are starting to hurt.

Rep:
Level 96
OMG! LOL! LOL! OMFG LOL! THAT'S SO FUCKING FU- LOL!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You should see the Charlie Jokes me and Morris are doing. Seriously, it's a fucking riot.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I like pantera...
I recently bought the best of Cd and S'good

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
WHo here listens to Venom? They're super awesome. Sample song attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rep:
Level 94
I'm not really into it. It sounds like a poor man's "Ace of Spades".

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
I'm not really into it. It sounds like a poor man's "Ace of Spades".

What the hell is wrong with you?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Any one know where I can DL stuff by The Screaming Nuns?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hahahaha
(i hate this band)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Why would any one want to kill Meatwad?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
BRINGING BACK THE MOSH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuydkkC9X7A

testament - Low

(from now on add "NP" to the end of each reply here (np = now playing)

NP: Testament - Low

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
=[ this place canno't die. I shall still post here. =x

NP: Black Sabbath - N.I.B

Rep:
Level 87
Oh man.  I listen to WAAAY too much metal to just list one band!  So...I'll list a few favorite bands from different genres.

Death Metal:  Nile, Psycroptic, Cryptopsy
Power Metal: Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody
Viking/Folk Metal: Equilibrium (from Germany), Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Moonsorrow
Melodic Death Metal:  Arsis, Kalmah, Wintersun
Black Metal:  Immortal, Satyricon, Emperor
Thrash Metal:  Slayer, Testament, Kreator
Nu-Metal:  Most sucks, but I like Shinedown

Metal ftw! ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:34:20 PM by Isith88 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Oh man.  I listen to WAAAY too much metal to just list one band!  So...I'll list a few favorite bands from different genres.

Death Metal:  Nile, Psycroptic, Cryptopsy
Power Metal: Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody
Viking/Folk Metal: Equilibrium (from Germany), Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Moonsorrow
Melodic Death Metal:  Arsis, Kalmah, Wintersun
Black Metal:  Immortal, Satyricon, Emperor
Thrash Metal:  Slayer, Testament, Kreator
Nu-Metal:  Most sucks, but I like Shinedown

Metal ftw! ;D

<3 but no "Death" ?  :( but the rest of the list rules. =D

Rep:
Level 87

Do you mean the genre Death Metal, or the band Death?  If you're talking about the band...I haven't heard much from them.  *hangs head in shame*  If it's any consolation, I know aboutthem.

Rep:
Level 94
I got the new Kamelot cd, and it was ok. I never heard them before that.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Do you mean the genre Death Metal, or the band Death?  If you're talking about the band...I haven't heard much from them.  *hangs head in shame*  If it's any consolation, I know aboutthem.

xD the band. You already have death metal bands up there.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Band: Does Deathstars count as metal???
Song: Black Medicine by Deathstars
Album: Only got emo... no metal... yet...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
i listen to mostly punk and other shit like that...

Blasting The Misfits - Scream

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
*uses magical skills to ressurect topic*

Update on my old post

Band: Rammstein/Deathstars (clash)
Song: Adios - Rammstein/Death In Vogue - Deathstars
Album: Mutter - Rammstein/Termination Bliss - Deathstars
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:40:38 PM by Rune »
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Song - Break Stuff (Limp Bizkit)
Band - Static-X
Album - Bitterness The Star (£6 Crazyfists)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Song: Hailing On Me
Band: Comeback Kid
Album: Broadcasting..

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Living Dead Beat - Children of Bodom
I think the album's "Are you dead  yet?"

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

punk?

BAND: death
SONG : Lack of comprehension
ALBUM: Human

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Song: Ride the Lightning
Album: Ride the Lightning

This song might not be their best, but it's my all time Metallica favourite.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

punk?

BAND: death
SONG : Lack of comprehension
ALBUM: Human
Alternative & Punk, not metal, but still a good band nonetheless.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I discovered a new band whilst searching on myspace music yesterday :P
Check it out >> Here :D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Quote from: Wikipedia
Led Zeppelin are regarded as one of the first heavy metal bands.
I'll have to go with led Zeppelin then.
Stairway. (lol metal)
Led Zeppelin I

Oh lol, this thread is old <_<
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:54:55 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan
Led Zeppelin is overrated and unimportant, King Crimson is where it's at.

This thread is deficient in true evil blasphemous hate spewwing elitist braincrushingly headbangable vicious and dissonant extreme metal.

Here's Bone Awl to improve the situation GET IT.

This is what you are getting.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Nah, Led Zeppelin's the best band ever.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
watch mtv  once in a while, or any other music channel. Their are 100000 shows about Led zepp vs. Sabbath for who started metal.

Rep:
Level 86
Metal was only truely born when Judas Priest came out.

bad pun

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
watch mtv  once in a while, or any other music channel. Their are 100000 shows about Led zepp vs. Sabbath for who started metal.

Anyone who thinks Led Zeppelin was a metal band is a moron.

Edit: also, MTV, VH1, and the other music channels are a really bad source for information on metal and metal history. For them Metallica is the be-all and end-all of metal and besides their kiddie thrash there are no other kinds of metal besides nu-metal and a cartoonish version of black metal popularized by the Norwegian press.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:35:37 PM by Saladin »

Rep:
Level 86
watch mtv  once in a while, or any other music channel.

Please listen to black music from now on and never listen to Metal again.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

What I said was aimed at irock, I personally don't like zeppelin at all. and lol at the listen to black music part, I don't watch any of those channel either, I rarely watch TV.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 06:38:00 PM by Nouman »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88

Metal is black music!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
never listen to Metal again.

Please... don't risk murder again
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Band: Killswitch Engage
Song: Holy Diver
Album: The End of Heartache

Rep:
Level 86

Metal is black music!

Maybe YOUR Metal is! My Metal embraces the true power of it's pure white awesome might! Seriously though, I had to throw away Suffocation when I realized there was a pair of gorillas in the band.

The fact is, Black Metal and black music represent two completely opposite kind of blackness.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Led Zeppelin is overrated and unimportant, King Crimson is where it's at.

I'd have to agree with this man.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Seriously though, I had to throw away Suffocation when I realized there was a pair of gorillas in the band.

Racist! I had to delete my Suffocation albums because they sucked.

What do you think of Sepultura's Dante XXI?

Rep:
Level 86
Seriously though, I had to throw away Suffocation when I realized there was a pair of gorillas in the band.

Racist! I had to delete my Suffocation albums because they sucked.

That they do, regardless of race. I really don't understand why they get ripped off so much by so many other bands. I mean, they spawned that whole quality forsaken bottemless pit of "brutal" death metal.

Dunno, I never heard it, but I'm always rather wary of old school thrash bands when they try to recapture the energy of their old stuff, "go back to their roots" and whatnot. I mean, Kreator, Sodom and Exodus and the others have set some pretty bad precidents.

Rep:
Level 89

holy diver isnt on The End of Heartache album... and wasnt it Dio who sang it?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

holy diver isnt on The End of Heartache album... and wasnt it Dio who sang it?

Yesh, Dio sung it first.

Although this isn't really metal in the sense, it is like a more rock/metal focused Nine Inch Nails.

Song: Lie
Band: Black Light Burns
Album: Cruel Melody
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
Gah! NIN and derivitives thereof is not metal and neither is Killswitch Engage! You fags keep that shit out of the METAL section please, this place is for the TRUE, the GRIM, and the ELITE.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Yes, but that band is better than Nine Inch Nails.

: \
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Banned
Rep:
Level 88

Dunno, I never heard it, but I'm always rather wary of old school thrash bands when they try to recapture the energy of their old stuff, "go back to their roots" and whatnot. I mean, Kreator, Sodom and Exodus and the others have set some pretty bad precidents.

Enemy of God is better than any of Kreator's old stuff. There, I said it.

Gah! NIN and derivitives thereof is not metal and neither is Killswitch Engage! You fags keep that shit out of the METAL section please, this place is for the TRUE, the GRIM, and the ELITE.

They have a page on M-A, but then again so does Neptune Towers. They have an upsetting amount of positive reviews.

Rep:
Level 86
Enemy of God is better than any of Kreator's old stuff. There, I said it.

:'(

They have a page on M-A, but then again so does Neptune Towers. They have an upsetting amount of positive reviews.

The mods at MA understand that they have to let some bullshit on the site every once in a while or they will get mobbed by gangs of metalcore loving gay pride christians. Also a bunch of shit drone "metal" nonsense for the art fags. It's a sad truth.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The mods at MA understand that they have to let some bullshit on the site every once in a while or they will get mobbed by gangs of metalcore loving gay pride christians. Also a bunch of shit drone "metal" nonsense for the art fags. It's a sad truth.

Hah, didn't the M-A mods say that they weren't accepting any more -core bands a while  back? I think they still get flooded with submissions, though.

Rep:
Level 86

Hah, didn't the M-A mods say that they weren't accepting any more -core bands a while  back? I think they still get flooded with submissions, though.

It was just a ruse to piss off and run off -core lusers. Didn't really work, but good for a chortle.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Band: Pain
Song: On Your Knees (Again)\
Album: Either Pain or Rebirth
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
:P
Favourite Band - KoRn
Favourite Song - Make Me Bad (KoRn)
Favourite Album - KoRn Greatest Hits 1

Yes, its obvious I'm obsessed with Nu Metal!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Band: Pain
Song: Parallel to Ecstasy
Album: Rebirth
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

nile - Sacrifice Unto Sebek

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
 :bean:bump :bean:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Recommending Stolen Babies. They're like an avant-garde, dark cabaret metal band. Listening to their music makes you feel as though you've stumbled into some creepy circus.

If you want more, go get the album

Spoiler for:
or PM me for it :P

Rep:
Level 94
Maybe you all can help me out a bit. I've been looking for this old band called Rosecrantz. They sound kind of like The Number 12 (Looks Like You). They mix insane metal riffs with hilarious soft stuff. I have 2 songs by them but I can't find any more.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I think I like metal but Im not sure, here are some songs I recently bought, would they be classified as metal?
And if yes, where can I find more of these bands...for free ;8
Before I Forget by Slipknot
Stricken by Disturbed
Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce

Rep:
Level 89
Band: Iron Maiden
Song: The Trooper
Album: Piece of mind (i think)

i love this song :)

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I think I like metal but Im not sure, here are some songs I recently bought, would they be classified as metal?
Stricken by Disturbed

<3

Yes they are metal, you can listen to more of them on myspace, but to download them, you'll need to download torrents and that.

Unless, of course, you have something along the lines of Limewire ::)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Limewire got blocked on my computer ;9
Anything similar to it?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Stricken by Disturbed

<3

Yes they are metal, you can listen to more of them on myspace, but to download them, you'll need to download torrents and that.

Unless, of course, you have something along the lines of Limewire ::)

that's not my type of metal, that's pretty week stuff ;-;

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Give me the hardest, thrashiest stuff you got

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Dragonforce is pretty fast and hard, but apart from that, I can't help ya, my brain ain't workin' today

Meh

Band: Ruoska
Song: Kosketa
Album: Radium
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

unlike dragonforce they can play their solos live. LOL at how many times they have been accused of speeding up solos in the studio. watch their live videos its all a joke.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I still don't get why you're saying dragonforce can't play live. For one, those are insanely fast solos so of course they'd be near-impossible to nail absolutely 100% perfectly every time. If you played guitar you'd realize this. Secondly, link to a reputable source that's accused them of speeding up solos, as well as these all these live videos where they apparently can't play.

I don't mind if you don't like Dragonforce, but your elitist remarks are getting old.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Band: Nonpoint
Song: Bullet With A Name
Album: To The Pain

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Secondly, link to a reputable source that's accused them of speeding up solos

if there was a such thing they wouldn't be a band anymore.

as well as these all these live videos where they apparently can't play.

How come its not as fast as the video of the 2 playing??..was that fake?(so he's not THAT fast as the video portrayed him as)

i hate bands that cant present live, like, damn children of bodom is so much better especially live

I couldn't even tell that this was through the fire and the flames, lmao.

For one, those are insanely fast solos so of course they'd be near-impossible to nail absolutely 100% perfectly every time.

so I can shred, get recorded and never have to play it again 0_0

Just another band out there to make an image. Singer looks like hes in a Glam metal band.

<3

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I see no difference, other than that they're playing the song on a different key. That's called variation, smart guy. If people wanted to hear the song the same exact way it sounded on the CD, they'd go listen to the CD. Besides, these

How come its not as fast as the video of the 2 playing??..was that fake?(so he's not THAT fast as the video portrayed him as)

i hate bands that cant present live, like, damn children of bodom is so much better especially live

I couldn't even tell that this was through the fire and the flames, lmao.

are not reputable sources, and only seem to be elitist douches such as yourself. As I said, I don't mind if you don't like Dragonforce, but to say they suck is one of the most close-minded and naive things you could possibly say. Whether you like it or not, they ARE talented musicians. But hey, they slipped a fret in one of their live performances! Man, they must blow chunks! Try playing music and you'll soon realize it's not as easy as guys like Herman and Sam make it look.

In addition, who the fuck cares what ZP looks like? As long as he can sing (and as powerfully as he does), it doesn't matter what "image" he has. I could go on stage with corpsepaint and a tutu, and it doesn't matter if I can still play my instrument.

It's annoying having you rip on them all the time. I don't know why, but you suck Schuldiner's dick way too much and any guitarist that can play as well or better than him seems to be a huge threat to you.  I'm not saying Death is a bad band, I think Death is awesome. But saying that two of the most renowned guitarists in today's metal can't play guitar just makes you look like an ignorant idiot. Anyone who hasn't heard the original song would open up those youtubes where they "can't play live," and be blown away. Just because it doesn't sound EXACTLY the same as it did on the album doesn't mean it sucks.

I really don't know what else to tell you, man. I don't think you'll really understand what Herman and Sam can do until you get that guitar of yours. If you have a counterargument to this, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, keep your biased opinions to yourself, and save yourself the trouble of looking like a small-minded asshole.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
System of a Down, Nightwish, and Zonata ftw.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Swedish/Finnish Metal owns all.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
are not reputable sources, and only seem to be elitist douches such as yourself.

I never said they were reputable sources, check my reply. Oh, I forgot everyone who doesn't like dragonforce is an elitist douche

Not surprising. Maybe if they weren't always drunk they'd show some talent at their concerts.

fucking failures

the only thing this band has going for them is their lead tone and harmoninzations

if they could recreate either one of those things live, they wouldn't fail so hard

listin to all the wrong notes ass face

Yeah it's true people can make mistakes, but that song was meant to be a studio recording, not something played live and they know that and screwed up horribly with it.

This is fucking awful and lol @ people who think otherwise.

wow they are awful live

there music sounds like generic video game crap

HOly Shit This Suks

COB shouldn't even be compared to these motherfuckers
Dragonforce+Studio=Money
Dragonforce+Live=SHIT!!!!!

It's annoying having you rip on them all the time. I don't know why, but you suck Schuldiner's dick way too much and any guitarist that can play as well or better than him seems to be a huge threat to you. 

man, fucking amazing comeback. Dragonforce and death are two totally differnt bands. While dragonforce has their keybordist and two "star" guitarist play a solo at the same time it totally sounds god like. Put two Chucks on stage and watch total carnage. Deaths solos are split up between the two, not at the same time.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I never said they were reputable sources, check my reply. Oh, I forgot everyone who doesn't like dragonforce is an elitist douche

No, but everyone who thinks it's necessary to accuse them of "cheating" is an elitist douche.

Quote from: Nouman
man, fucking amazing comeback. Dragonforce and death are two totally differnt bands. While dragonforce has their keybordist and two "star" guitarist play a solo at the same time it totally sounds god like. Put two Chucks on stage and watch total carnage. Deaths solos are split up between the two, not at the same time.

Do you know what harmonization is? If not, look it up. That's why they play their solos at the same time.

I'd also like to point out that you only responded to the parts of my argument where I called you some name, as opposed to the parts where I actually proved you wrong, because it's obvious you can't argue logical reasoning. They DO have talent, and they've certainly shown that. Whether or not you want to cease being stubborn and accept that is up to you.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Regarding above posts:

Band: Black Eyed Peas
Song: Where is The Love
Album: Elephunk

:V

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Also regarding the above posts:

Band:Zypher feat Rick Astley
Song: Pink Lemonade
Album: OMG!

Band:Zypher
Song: The Legend
Album: OMG!

Band: Nouman
Song: Oh wai- nevermind there aren't any :/

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Just because it doesn't sound EXACTLY the same as it did on the album doesn't mean it sucks.

my main argument against them was that they are one of the WORST, if not the worst, live performing bands I have ever seen videos of.

Do you know what harmonization is? If not, look it up. That's why they play their solos at the same time.

fucking failures

the only thing this band has going for them is their lead tone and harmoninzations

if they could recreate either one of those things live, they wouldn't fail so hard

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Have you ever seen them live, Nouman? From what I've seen you're basing your opinions off of low-quality youtube videos. Ergo, your opinion is pretty much worthless to anyone who knows what playing music is like.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Have you ever seen them live, Nouman? From what I've seen you're basing your opinions off of low-quality youtube videos.

No I have never seen them live, as I said its from videos. There are replies of people who went to the concert shown and said it sucked. Quality my ass, Ive seen tons of shitty quality concert videos that sounds 10x better.

Ergo, your opinion is pretty much worthless to anyone who knows what playing music is like.

lol k.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Regarding above posts:

As far as I know, Black Eyed Peas aren't metal. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Have you ever seen them live, Nouman? From what I've seen you're basing your opinions off of low-quality youtube videos.

No I have never seen them live, as I said its from videos. There are replies of people who went to the concert shown and said it sucked. Quality my ass, Ive seen tons of shitty quality concert videos that sounds 10x better.

Ergo, your opinion is pretty much worthless to anyone who knows what playing music is like.

lol k.

That's like me looking at Joey Jordison and saying "oh he sucks because he can't play the exact same thing every time"
(EDIT: Please note that I play drums, or else this comment would not make sense)

Nouman, do you know how hard it is to play the same fucking thing every time?
Extremely difficult.
Add low quality videos and your opinions are crap.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:04:35 AM by Forcystus »

Rep:
Level 89
In those videos, on the second one at about 36-39 seconds in, did anyone else see the guy stagedive then drag someone else to the floor? look kinda funny to me :)

Song:Panzer Battalion
Band:Sabaton
Album:(no idea)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Regarding above posts:

As far as I know, Black Eyed Peas aren't metal. Correct me if i'm wrong.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT :V MEANS? you failed
also, if you can't figure out what I meant you can see I put "regarding above posts" because nouman and zypher were tearing a strip off eachother.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Firerain I already covered it. In a more polite spammy kind of way.

Song: The Metal
Album: Pick of Destiny

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
GOOD CHOICE

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Epic Solo:

wait about 20 seconds for the solo to start.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
you guys like metal www.myspace.com/warpathuk we got an album out and music video coming out soon to be on scuzz. Metal is living, air and everything in between without it id be nowehre!

Band: Testament
Song: First Strike Is Deadly
Album: The Legacy
Leons Vengance
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,24854.0.html

Project: Leons Vengance
Overall:10%
Maps:7%
Story:8%
Sidequests:4%
Database: 30%

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Band: Turmion Kätilöt
Song: Verta Ja Lihaa
Album: Hoitovirhe
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you guys like metal www.myspace.com/warpathuk we got an album out and music video coming out soon to be on scuzz. Metal is living, air and everything in between without it id be nowehre!

pretty cool, checking out your music right now.

Was Playing:
Death
Pull the Plug
Leprosy

Rep:
Level 85
The Evil Knight
well....i think that dragonforce is the best!

but who cares about mine toughts...
Projects in progsess/Demo/Finished

Wild Line - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26936.msg340116.html#msg340116
Forsaken Legends - The Black Fire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28741.0.html

European Army - No Demo

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

don't grave dig

hmm actually, I suppose you WERE on topic, just watch when the last post was.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:08:58 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 87
Song: Die, die my darling
Album: ?

Song: The Metal
Album: Pick of Destiny

Band: Death
Song: Murder

More than one, but its a favorite.

Rep:
Level 85
The Evil Knight
sorry for that white screen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34o4ed9ab0

Dragonforce is better then Metalica!

Valley of the Damned contains 6:55 min with Metal and good Text!
Trough the fire and flames is also good!!!!

anaway.....Wintersun was also good 8)

Projects in progsess/Demo/Finished

Wild Line - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26936.msg340116.html#msg340116
Forsaken Legends - The Black Fire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28741.0.html

European Army - No Demo

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Band: Death
Song: Murder

Death has no song called 'murder'

Death > Testament > > > > > > > metallica > wintersun > dragonforce

last three can't even compare.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Symphony X > *

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, this video is just too epic NOT to post.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Who and what did I just witness? Sounds like either Iron Maiden or Nocturnal Rites.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Damn, for a moment I thought that was Blind Guardian.  Fucking awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
Like I said, Symphony X > *

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The Odyssey is honestly one of my favorite songs of all time.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Dragonforce sounds generic to the point of it being painfull. They're literally the Ratt of power metal. I don't understand hw anyone can listen to them and not think they're hearing a rejected track from Helloween.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Helloween's a bad example. If anything, DragonForce is most similar to Blind Guardian simply because of the speed metal influence.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But you still got my point that they sound too generic.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
The same could be said of a lot of power metal bands.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yes, there are many that sound generic but can still be enjoyed. Savage Circus is coming to mind. But with Dragonforce I literally have a hard time telling who it is when I hear them because all of their songs sound like rejected tracks form other bands.

Hence my point, Dragonforce = Ratt.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Helloween's a bad example. If anything, DragonForce is most similar to Blind Guardian simply because of the speed metal influence.

their not in the same league as Blind Guardian

Rep:
Level 97
You're right, they're actually better musicians.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I disagree, Blind Guardian has their own sound. Dragonforce does not. Thats like saying store brand cola tastes better than pepsi.

Rep:
Level 97
I like Blind Guardian more than Dragonforce, but that doesn't mean Blind Guardian are better at playing their instruments.

And yes all of Dragonforce's songs (or most, not all) are very similar, but so are Iron Maiden's, yet they are popular and widely considered one of the best metal bands of all time.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yet they are popular and widely considered one of the best metal bands of all time.

by the same people...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I like Blind Guardian more than Dragonforce, but that doesn't mean Blind Guardian are better at playing their instruments.

And yes all of Dragonforce's songs (or most, not all) are very similar, but so are Iron Maiden's, yet they are popular and widely considered one of the best metal bands of all time.

I didn't say they don't have ability, it would be igroant of me to say that. I think if they lived up to their potential they could be great band. But as we've both pointed out all their songs sound more or less the same, which I feel holds them back harshly. When Dragonforce gets their own sound, honestly I'd like them. But because they sound like ten other bands, they don't live up to what they could be.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The Odyssey is honestly one of my favorite songs of all time.

Also, Death Of A Balance/Larcymosa.

Symphony X rules u c
Arlen is hot.