RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Solved] Having problem with the CD Drive

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Having a problem with my CD driver, the computer says the device works, but it says the registry is incomplete.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
The Cd drive is a 'matshita dvd-ram uj8d1' Operating system I'm running is a windows 8 64bit.

Google's solutions are a bit, confusing. Help Please?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:36:59 AM by Karo Rushe »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Uh, uninstall it via device manager? Then it should re-detect it and install it.

If it doesn't immediately redetect it, just select scan for hardware changes.
bringing sexy back

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
definitely try that first. 

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ok, I tried uninstalling it & waiting for it to detect it but didn't work. Re-scanned it & appears with the same problem. So, what's next?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'd say the firmware is damaged or corrupt. Is this product new, or is this a new problem on an old device? Did you just install windows 8?
:tinysmile:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
A new problem on an Old device. It didn't give any problem ti'll now. the Computer came already installed with windows 8. If it's the firmware, is there a way to repair it?

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
"Is it plugged in? Okay, good. Have you tried turning it off then on again? You did? Hmm.."

I would recommend upgrading from Win8 to Windows 7.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
what brand laptop do you have. if you know the model number list that as well.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
It's a Desktop
Samsung DP700A3D-A01US all in one PC series 7

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thank you Spirit, it fixed it . . .

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
yay!

The power of Bing search strikes again =p

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Bing search.....................

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I threw up in my mouth a lot.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon