RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA][Demo] The Secrets Of Kankara [UPDATED]

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
I'll download this tommorow and see if I can get it to run! Looking forward to it!, looks like alot of fun  ;D
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
UPDATE!!

Ok, so I've updated the demo (no you don't get more gameplay yet) because of two reasons: 1) The link was down for a while due to it being archived the way it was and 2) This led me to seek solutions regarding how much memory the game takes up.

So, the solution was an audio format that i didn't know I could convert to until recently, and only takes up a quarter of the space that wavs do.

So the game in it's entire glory, now only takes up 51 MB (no that's not a typo)!

Check the first post for the new download and have fun!
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Feel free, everyone, to review the demo, I appreciate any constructive feedback because that helps me bring a better game.

Be sure to include the following:

• Rating of environments (out of 10)
  • Weapons and items rating (out of 10), though please note, that the ones in the demo don't stay in the first level for the final product, and this is thanks to a review
  • Storyline (out of 10)

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
UPDATE

I wanted to update on what's been going on with this project in the past few months. First I want to reassure some of you that this project is not dead, it is ongoing and continues to change for the better with every day that passes.

Some changes that have been made so far include but is not limited to:

•Bushes now produce items, such as health, gold, arrows, and bombs
•The spell "Ice Blast" will now be featured in a later dungeon, instead of Nemus Well
•Minor storyline changes to effect the timetable of the events in the game

Once again, this project is ongoing and we're working diligently to produce the best quality game that we can within a timetable that is reasonable. I don't want to give a date because we believe it may be too early for that, but rest assured we will update with a release date the moment we feel confident in it's completion time.

In the meantime, feel free to download and try the demo, and even to give it a review. Reviews have helped me iron out some of the not so great stuff in the past and I welcome all constructive criticism.

Thank you for your interest, stay tuned for updates.
Check out

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Bushes now produce items

Alrighty, then! That'll make cutting stuff all the more interesting and rewarding. Been lookin' forward for that!
My project:

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Bushes now produce items

Alrighty, then! That'll make cutting stuff all the more interesting and rewarding. Been lookin' forward for that!

Indeed, I had worked on an older system that would work, but in the end I used a new one and it works better. We'll probably even update the demo with the new system, not sure yet.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
UPDATE!!!

We decided to update the demo since it wouldn't take very long to do so. The change list is below the demo link.

Enjoy!
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
I wanted to update on the status of this project's timetable. I no longer have a secondary tester (I've been primary for the whole project because I generally have to test things when I add them anyway), due to a number of reasons, though primarily it's because I had to fight with him everytime his part came up short (which was 90% of the time) and I got tired of having valuable time wasted by him that could've been used to work on this project more effectively. So, he is no longer on the team.

(How does this effect timetable?)
It effects the timetable because I have to do both testing sequences in addition to the rest of it. Currently, I'm the only one working on this project and that will likely be the case for the remainder of it's lifespan. I was originally planning to finish it and be able to release it this year, however with the new reality of things, it's looking more like it could go all the way into the middle of next year. Either way, I will keep everyone up to date on the latest by posting from time to time. If you want weekly updates on the project, you can go to My Forum and register (free), there's honestly not many users but I update the topics there more than anywhere else. I guess you could call it Kankara's "home base" at this point.

In any case, thank you for your interest, stay tuned for updates.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
UPDATEDont' worry, the project isn't dead.

Ok, so I know it's been a while since I updated, so bear with me. This project is still going on and I have been working on a number of issues related to the project over the past months. I'm sorry that I haven't had time to post but time has been working against me this year (had to move, had to take care of home business, etc.).

Last month (november), I had come across a problem with the demo's playability with newer versions of RMXP. Worry not, I've included my version of RMXP (demo of course, no freebies) so you can still play the game/demo. I know this project is taking a very long time, but my current timetable (as noted in previous post) is still in effect, and I will try very hard to keep it on schedule so I can finally release this game for you all to enjoy. I apologize for any delays that have occurred and/or will occur during this project's development.

Thank you and stay tuned for updates!
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
UPDATE:

I have updated the project in totality, it's moved engines and has more features, please check the original post for details, thank you.

Also, sorry for taking as long as I have been, most of my time went to fighting with RMXP so I decided to get Ace and use it instead, which took time to move the project.
The new Demo now includes 3 dungeons, each with their own enemies, as well as some new features.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
I've updated the topic with a gameplay video link. That'll show how the game plays for those who didn't see the old one.
Check out

Rep:
Level 83
Jaden, you may wish to start a new topic for your game.  Switching game-makers is a huge move, and reading through the previous posts about all the problems with earlier releases is a turn-off.  Why not try something like "Secrets of Kankara--Updated on VX Ace!" or something like that?

Also, you can embed video in a post instead of providing a link.  Also also, the image in your sig is not working!

-flap

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Jaden, you may wish to start a new topic for your game.  Switching game-makers is a huge move, and reading through the previous posts about all the problems with earlier releases is a turn-off.  Why not try something like "Secrets of Kankara--Updated on VX Ace!" or something like that?

Also, you can embed video in a post instead of providing a link.  Also also, the image in your sig is not working!

-flap

That's a good idea, I'll probably start on that in the morning (2 am here). Also, the video won't embed, it will only display text for me, is there a specific way it has to be done? BBCode for youtube won't work either (tried typing it by itself since there's no button for it).

The image in my sig, is it the link that didn't work, or is the image not displaying? (was recently working on it, so you might have hit it at the wrong time earlier)
Check out

Rep:
Level 83
Yeah, your sig is working now :-)  I haven't tried to embed.  I assume it is [VIDEO] blah blah blah [/ Video ] without spaces.

-flap

Rep:
Level 83
I just started a game-reviewing thread on another site.  If you think your game meets the criteria, you can sign up for a review here.

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Yeah, your sig is working now :-)  I haven't tried to embed.  I assume it is [VIDEO] blah blah blah [/ Video ] without spaces.

-flap

Lol yeah I'll have to try that tag to see if it'll work, I didn't think of that one.

@second post:
Cool, I'll check it out sometime today.
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Also, you can embed video in a post instead of providing a link.

-flap

Tried the video tag, it won't play the video: "video could not be found or access is denied" for the jw player. I've tried linking the video page, the video url itself, the share code, the embed code, and all parts thereto... and nothing.

It's kind of off-putting that it's this ridiculously hard to embed a simple video on the forum. Just about everywhere else, it'd be done already.  :wtf: :nespad: :nes: (cool smileys though lol)
Check out

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Topic to be locked due to old version.

Updated topic can be found at http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=49574.0
Check out