RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Unity 3D]Pool of Mana

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Too short and too cliche for my liking. I can name you more than a few games that would have that exact same blurb written on the back cover (albeit with a few different words).
The character details weren't that descriptive either.

My point is, you don't seem to have enough details to make me interested in the story, if and when you update it to be more descriptive and indulge me in your creation I'll reconsider but, right now... No I don't really have much feedback on the plot or anything else.
I can say I like the title, but that's pretty much it :\
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll try and add some more information.

Rep:
Level 71

Huge update! First off, new logo. Second a completely different, perspective, as well as new features. Which means I'll be spending more money and spending three times as long on this project. But I think it will pay off because of this http://unity3d.com/company/union/. In the mean time some really early screenshots!

If it's not obvious I have a lot to do. I'm focusing on scripting the game right now, later on will I be building the environment. Also I apologize to any one that had there time wasted by me asking to use there scripts for the VXA project. Luckily I learne

Rep:
Level 71
Probably the last screenshot for a long time. The world is still really undeveloped but I figured it would be good to show some of the world.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There is way too much blue on your start screen. If there's no contrast to the logo, no one will pay attention to it.

Spoiler for:

Here's a quick edit to show you how visual interest can be added with contrast. And also I threw some texture in there because I'm kind of bored I guess.

Also, have you improved upon your story at all?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:11:37 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks I increased the contrast. I've kind of been set on the story (so no), I'll try to add some more information to the description soon.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm really glad to see you kicking off in Unity, it's much more difficult to use than RM, but so much more worth it :)

So by looking at your screenshot above, I figure you're trying to go for the western style RPG (transversing the world through ground-view) rather than the bird-eye view from your regular JRPG (& RM) game, am I correct? ;8
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 71
Yep, going for something like Oblivion.  :)

It's a lot more work but a lot more fun. I'm enjoying the scripting as well. Not because I think JavaScript is easier to learn but the lack of limitations made learning it very easy and fun.

Rep:
Level 71
Two new screenshots, I've been playing Oblivion to try and get a good feel for the environment. I added sprinting and crouching I'm still tweaking the speeds though. I want to try and make the sprint really good by doing something similar to Far Cry 2's sprint. Any way here are the screenshots, one is at day the other at night. I finished the day and night as well as the weather system and I bought all the sky boxes I need.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Me likey the lights on the second screenshot, I'm looking forward to watching this grow. :)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Those screens look really awesome!

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks.  :)

It's been a lot of fun designing this so far.

Rep:
Level 71
Just a bit of information, I was going to reveal the beginning of the story but I accidentally went back a page and I don't feel like typing that again right now. :mad: I'll do it later though. Also the game page for Pool of Mana is up on my website. Progress is really slow right now since I'm out of money, so I'm back to mapping in RPG Maker for money...

This is about absorbing souls. When every you kill a creature there is a ten percent chance you will absorb the soul. You can only have five souls at once. Souls will do things such as increase your health or give you skills, depends on the creature. Some may actually harm you (you can release souls). If you're killed the souls that you have are destroyed to reform yours. The amount of souls you have depends how much health is gained. Each souls counts for twenty percent of your health.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:31:04 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
I've managed to get some stuff done recently.

- Properly scale the existing user interface for different resolutions.
- Redid the environment that I had done after playing Oblivion for a while.
- Added a sleep menu like Oblivion's with the ability sleep for up to 11 hours (because no one can sleep 24 hours with out a sleeping issue Bethesda  :P).
- Fixed some time issues with the day and night system.
- Made the rain more realistic (I might have done this a little while ago).
- Added a transparent light brown background when in the menus.
- Made effects such as the lights of lanterns and bugs around them time based.
- Changed the cursor.
- When not in the menus the cursor is centered and hidden.
- Decided how to make the opening scene.

Also I may be bringing back the Amulet of Disasters (formerly known as the Disaster Keep) in a collaboration with Warfare Studios to earn some money for this. We may do another story but either way I'll be taking a break from this. Once were done I should hopefully have enough to fund the rest of the project without having to do anything else. Any way here is the new environment and the world map.

Rep:
Level 71
Here's a small video showing some of the environment. It's not a very good video but it's better than my previous ones. I found out I have a somewhat decent editor on my computer.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PV0i0UlyI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PV0i0UlyI</a>

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
14 years old, $1000 to spend on an RPG Maker game and no solid game plan yet. Somehow I doubt this is going to work out well.
But good luck with whatever you're trying, you'll need it. As for the above video, it looks pretty nice for a start.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 71
It's not RPG maker, it's Unity 3D. I did plan on using RPG Maker for a little while. I've had my plan down for a long time. The video is actually outdated (even though I posted it recently), with Unity Pro I've added lots of effects (HDR, Bloom effects, Color correction, ect) so it looks really nice now. I added to two screenshots. I know it's crazy but everything is working out fine so far.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Looking good. I've been waiting a long time for that goat update. ;D

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Wow, the video and the screenshots looks really nice! I have to salute you, being 14 years old and are able to work with such advanced graphics! really impressed! For myself Im a really big fan of the elder scrolls games, so I wish you all luck with this project! I really hope you get alot of response on the game, and if it end up on steam Im pretty sure Im gonna buy myself a copy :D

Edit; Forgot to ask, are you working on it all by yourself or do you have people helping you? Seems like it would be really time consuming if you are doing it all by yourself, and if Its supposed to be inspired by Oblivion. I still wish you all luck no matther  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:14:22 AM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks! I posted the game under Steam Greenlight concepts for now but once I have most of the art and most of the soundtrack I'm going to move it to Greenlight.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
Edit; Forgot to ask, are you working on it all by yourself or do you have people helping you? Seems like it would be really time consuming if you are doing it all by yourself, and if Its supposed to be inspired by Oblivion. I still wish you all luck no matther  :)
By my self. I know it will take a long time to make, but It's how I like to work. Even if it takes three years to make I'll still be in high school, I really want to take my time. After all there isn't any reason to rush.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
New screenshot.  :)

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
That looks Very nice!

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, it's one of the beginning locations.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The latest screenshot has nice atmosphere.