RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Loads of requests - HUD, time, quick keys, menu - Really need help guys!

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Hi all!

I know a lot of you are busy with guilds right now, but I really do long for some assistance on Rootbound. This is a game I am desperate to complete, and I have everything I need to complete it except for the scripting. I've listed everything that is really vital to getting a demo done (working on eventing the crops) and would appreciate any help I can get.
An image representation of the things listed here:

Time/Weather/Events HUD
Spoiler for:
I have this somewhat working in events, but it's messy. It would be better to be properly scripted I think. This HUD is on most of the time, only shut off during some events. I already have all of the images ready to go.
Elements:
Time: This requires a basic time system of course, I am working with one right now, but it is gummy. Time updates visually in increments of 15 minutes and also updates am/pm visually
Weather:
Displays a different icon depending on the current weather conditions.
Season:
Again, just showing a different icon depending on the season
Date:
Referencing the time/date system, display the day of the week and numerical day (the st, nd, rd, th is part of the number image, so that isn't needed in scripting)
Alerts:
Simply show an icon if a switch is on or a variable is >0.

Tool HUD:
Spoiler for:
Displays the currently equipped tool icons.  The keys for selecting tools are (q), (w), (a), (s), (d).  (S) is always assigned to bare hands OR whatever item the character is physically holding(ie, crops, milk, eggs, mushoorms..whatever). When the player presses the associated key, the script should swap out the overlay image to the appropriate image for that key. This is also shut off at times (whenever you are inside the house or in town and during some events).

Backend Scripts for the HUDs
Spoiler for:
Time/Date:
Your basic time script, in fact could be based on existing scripts. But I do also need the ability to reference days of the week and seasons(months). Days/time need to be easily accessed by other scripts/events.
Weather:
Quasi-randomized weather script. Calls random weather using varying probabilities by season (ie. high chance of rain in spring, storms in summer, dry autumn). The biggest deal on this, is that the weather needs to be calculated in advance and stored, so that a weather program on television can give a five day forecast.

Inventory
Spoiler for:
Like Harvest Moon, I need a limited, graphical inventory/menu. I have mocked up what I would like in Photoshop.  The menu would be called instead of the normal menu, feature limited(24), grid inventory and three links to sub menus. I am still designing the sub menus, but the things I need for the inventory is down. Items picked up are first held in the hands, then placed in the inventory by pressing (S) while still holding  the item. The item then goes to the next open slot, or if the inventory is full, plays an error SE.
Upon opening the menu with (X), the menu pulls up. Dpad moves the cursor bracket between the item slots and the three icons next to the sub menu options (with cursor movement SE). Pressing (Z) on any item icon pulls up a centered window with the item's name and description above the menu. Pressing (Q)(W)(A)(S)(D) while the icon is selected will equip that item in that slot. However, there are limitations. Only equipment(specified either in the Notes section or by the classification of the items in the database as (weapons), whichever works) can be keyed to (Q)(W)(A)(D), and all other items can only keyed to (S), and will display as being held by the character.
Another tricky element is that I would like certain items to stack. I did a quick mockup in photoshop of where I'd like the number to show, but this would be handled by the game's draw text, not by image. No item can stack more than 9, so only a single digit is needed.

Item Usage:
Spoiler for:
A big part of the game will be using the tools. Once a tool is assigned as active by pressing the key it is assigned to, the game will need to check whether or not conditions are correct for usage. I'm still brainstorming the way to do this, but it will likely be area based and event facing based, ie. have to be in the field areas to use the hoe, can only use the axe if next to harvestable wood, can only use the antibiotics if facing a sick cow, ect.

Again, I know this is a huge amount of work for someone to take on. I would not ask, but I cannot make this game without these scripts, and I feel that this is a game that will be played. Please consider giving me a hand and making this game possible.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:29:38 PM by joy »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Do you still need these? :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Hey y'all.

So I'm nixing scripting the farming system so I can bloody move on to development, but I'll still need these scripts, I can bend a bit on some of the features, but I'd really love it if I could get something in the vein of these things done.

Anyone have time to spare?