RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Modern Day Tiles

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Some sample maps using the new tiles, courtesy of Degica

For anyone who's interested, Degica has released some modern day tiles that were created mostly by Lunarea with some help from Celianna. The package costs $6.99 and the graphics are high-quality if a little sparse. It comes with one full tilesheet for inner areas, one mostly full tilesheet for outer areas, as well as another small tilesheet. It also comes with Tiles A-E, both inner and outer, but most of those have only two or three resources in them. As well, there are some additional objects in four character sheets.

Additionally, a Modern Day Shop Addon has been released which comes with even more graphics. It is $5.99.

The end-user licence agreement for the resource pack is included in a spoiler below. Basically you can use it in any project you make with an enterbrain product you have purchased, whether you release the project commercially or non-commercially. You can also edit the graphics for personal use in your project, but you cannot distribute any of the resources even if you have modified them. When you release a project that uses these tiles, you also have to include documentation that credits Celianna and Lunarea with the following line: [Copyright](C) 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC; artists Lunarea and Celianna.

Spoiler for EULA:
V. "RPG MAKER Modern Tiles Resource Pack" END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY.

PLEASE READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS RESOURCE PACK. IF YOU (THE "USER") DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, PROMPTLY DELETE THE DIGITAL CONTENT FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

1. Copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights of RPG MAKER Modern Tiles Resource Pack (the "Product") are property of ENTERBRAIN, INC (the "Company" or "ENTERBRAIN") and third party allowed by the Company.

2. The graphics included in the Product (the "Resource Pack") may be used with any of ENTERBRAIN's game development software (include all related titles of "RPG MAKER Series" or "our products") that retains the Company's rights.  User can create, distribute, or sell their original game by using the Resource Pack only if they meet all the following conditions: 

2.1 You must be a legitimate user of our products.  You shall promptly sign up and register required information as a legitimate user of our products according to the method prescribed by the Company.

2.2 You shall produce a game using the RPG MAKER Series only.

2.3 Your game must include additional documentation that clearly indicates the use of the MResource Pack and the following copy:

[Copyright](C) 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC; artists Lunarea and Celianna.

2.4 Solely used for the creation of your game, you can edit, process, and modify the materials contained in the Resource Pack.

2.5 Do not sell, distribute, lease, or transfer the Resource Pack itself (even if the materials were edited, process, or modified by the User).

3. The Company will bear no responsibility for any damages to the User's computer caused by misuse of the Product.

4. By using the Product, the User accepts the full terms and takes sole responsibility for use of the Product.

5. The Company will bear no responsibility for any issues and disputes between third parties, regardless of the content, that occur as a result of the creation, distribution, and release of the User's game by using the Product.   

While I initially felt that the number of resources provided were not really enough to make more than a few scenes in the modern-day setting, the bonus tiles and the Modern-Day Shop Addon give enough tile diversity that I think a nice game could be made out of them without repetition. Quality modern-day resources are scarce, and I think these resource packs are essential for anyone who wishes to make a game set in modern times in RTP-style.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:36:12 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Are we allowed to leak these resources to the community (Abiding by forum rules) as I did with the Samurai pack?

Rep:
Level 71
Probably a really bad idea since Lunarea is one of the creators and is on RMRK.  ;)

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
So, I'm totally late in noticing this, but I definitely appreciate the review! I will keep it in mind for future releases and so on.  :D
Just want to clear up that the majority of the tiles were done by me. Celianna contributed the road tiles and a stop sign (which is awesome).

And, yes, I would definitely appreciate if the tiles weren't redistributed freely. I know I can't stop anyone from pirating if they felt like it, but every bit of support from the RM community helps! I will work on making opportunities to win the tiles via contests and other events as time goes by. I'm also working on more tiles as we speak.  :)
My current project:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm late responding to this, but yeah, please don't distribute the resources. Lunarea is a very talented artist and I want more of these packs to come out, so, independent of any moral arguments, supporting her is totally in my self-interest :P

@Lunarea - Thank you for making these resources. There has been a dearth of modern-style resources from XP onward, and it is great that you created such high-quality ones.

Rep:
Level 97
Some extra tiles have been added to the Modern-Day set, and some new Modern Day Shop tiles are now selling for $5.99.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior - - Cute Pegasus Pony

Some sample maps using the new tiles, courtesy of Degica

You know, try as I might I cannot get any map I make to look like those sample maps... it just won't work.

Is there any where I can download those sample maps at?

So I can open them in the maker vx/vx-ace?

---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Rep:
Level 71
They were parallaxed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:59:18 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 74
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
I'd just like to note that it's only parallaxed because I had to fit all the different set pieces into one picture. You can also get the same effect by repositioning things on the tile sheet(s).  ;)
My current project:

Rep:
Level 74

I am having -a lot- of problems with the shop add-on.

No matter what I set the permissions to in vx ace 'tilesets', I cannot get my character to move.

She is stuck on one tile on the floor and cannot be moved from there.

Can you take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong now?

http://home.comcast.net/~nekohibiki/ProjectT.rar

Maps 064, 002, and 003.

I cannot get my character to move on them.

---

Signature

Rep:
Level 71
Does the top left tile in b-e have a star?

Rep:
Level 74
Does the top left tile in b-e have a star?

That seems to have fixed it now.

I didn't know it had to be like that.

Thanks for all your help!^ _ ^

---

Signature