RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What game would you like to see me make next?

Poll

Which of the following games should I make next? (details below)

Running Riot
5 (29.4%)
King and Country
6 (35.3%)
Magic Mirror
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 08, 2012, 06:54:57 PM

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I am going to begin development on my next game, but I've got a problem.  I have three ideas I like, and I am not sure which one I should work on.  So, I'm making it a poll for you all to let me know what you think.

Here are a bit of details on each idea:
Spoiler for Running Riot:
You play an orc named Rokg.  This is a rather simple arena beat-em-up.  You wield his hammer and smash cute things to bits.  Several zones with a couple arenas each and a boss.  Each zone will have different environmental hazards.  You can upgrade Rokg's hammer with an assortment of magical runes.

Spoiler for King and Country:
You play a warrior king...or a rogue king...or a wizard king...or a cleric king...or any combination of the three depending on what specializations you choose at character creation.  Then, you delve into dungeons, explore the map, and build up your kingdom, so you can defend it from the forces of evil, and ultimately defeat the dark overlord.  Turn based RPG, mixed with a little roguelike.

Spoiler for Magic Mirror:
Likely either a megaman style game with persistent powerups, or a metroidvania.  You have a magic mirror that you can use to shield yourself from enemy attacks, but it can also absorb certain powers from your enemies that you can toss right back at them.  The shield would have limited 'memory' that you can expand by advancing in the game.  No ideas for story yet.

By all means give me some feedback as well, don't think it's limited to just your vote.  I'm very interested in hearing how you came to your decision, as well as any other input on the ideas themselves.

The poll will close in 7 days.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Voted King and Country because I'm a sucker for exploration- and creativity-based games. Are you thinking more like Age of Empires-style town-building, or something more free-range a la Minecraft?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It's not really a strategy or RTS game, it'd be more of a board game.  You'd explore the board on your turn, and use resources to build up the kingdom you have on the map.  You'd allocate resources to different areas of society, that would boost your economy, or get you access to new types of items, potions, enchantments, and party members (to name a few).

It'd be a turn based RPG mixed with some roguelike elements, as the description says.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Make eufloria but namckor quirky style ;o
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Make eufloria but namckor quirky style ;o

No.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I like the one with Korg the orc because I like smashing cute things.
And listening to dark music.
And summoning dark lords.
And slashing my wrists.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Running Riot has the simplest idea IMO, meaning it'd probably be the easiest to make, and I can imagine that you'd have a lot of fun making it.

King and Country is my favourite, as long as you make the turn based system flow well. It does seem more suited for real-time (like My Life as a King), but I think it could work with turn-based. Seems like the hardest to make, or at least the most annoying with the random generation and technology tree.

Magic Mirror made me think of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror .-. I guess it has some cool additions to that type of game, such as the "memory space" for the mirror. Don't have much else to say about this. It could be cool, I guess.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
There woudn't be a technology tree, and it would not be an action game.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Running Riot has my vote. Add in some multiplayer mayhem and I would play it in a heartbeat.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
My votes go toward Running Riot and Magic Mirror, but I only voted for Running Riot.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Voted for Mirror Magic, but I like King and Country a lot too. A metroidvania with some Kirby sounds really fun.

So King and Country would kind of be like a Dwarf Fortress-but-jrpg deal? Sounds very groovy. Are you considering making it a more participatory "active" turn-based game, like Mother 3 or Paper Mario?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It'd be a strategic sort of system.  Different class skills would have simple interplay with each other and other classes, so you could actually put together a strategy that is more than "they're weak to fire".

There wouldn't be the sort of depth or building from dwarf fortress, the city building aspect is mostly there to give you somewhere to gather resources, and also if your city dies you lose.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I cannot decide between running riot and king and country, both seem to have good game qualities, i just can't put my finger on which is better