RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker DS+ and RPG Maker VX Ace

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
http://tkool.jp/sp/newtitle2011.html

Discuss(?)

Also 13,440 Yen wtf Enterbrain.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Heard about it the other day.

It's supposed to have RGSS3 and some sort of character maker that will allow note tags.

http://ebten.jp/eb-store/p/4582350663051/

I just hope they add a new map editor.

Edit:

Just read that it will have a TP system... I was making a script exactly for that to mimic FF11 TP system.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
£112.

Fuck off. Not paying even half that.

Rep:
Level 82
That is a bit much, considering that the VX licence was nowhere near that much - US$60 the random Google search brought up. That price would make it some $200+.

Doesn't really do much to deter people from finding a way to crack it. Even $60 didn't do much for that.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
when do we expect the english version to be out. looks like I will be able to take most of my current rpg maker vx project and port it over....How ever I doubt that as RGSS3.....

Any ways the SR (System Requirements state Japanese OS of Windows 7/Vista). I love how the display is now 1024x768 (or something close).

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
This should generate more discussion! Though I really don't care about it either, I will wait for the price to be like 30$.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'm excited to play with RGSS3. $175 seems way too high for what it is, considering it doesn't seem to be much more than an addon to RMVX (though obviously a separate program; it seems similar to the shift between RMsk and RM2k3).

I would hope they replace the tileset system or, if they keep it, at least provide an alternative. It can be well enough that they wanted to make it easier for new users, but there is really no reason why they can't allow you to swap in new tilesets for new maps. The limitations on mapping in VX have never made sense.

I like the noteboxes for actors and hope that they include an ability to add new options to the event commands. It would be that much neater. I would love it if they would just add an ability to create plugins that would, for instance, add new tabs to the database for configuration, but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

Face Generators have always been a little expressionless and hard to give life to characters, but the built in character generator is a good idea I think.

Anyway, I am definitely excited to see what happens with this. It does cost way too much though. Hopefully that is reduced for the English version (if there is one).

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Also, I would be keen to see what other maker sites think of this. The program looks good (especially the part that seems to be a char-set maker!) but not worth the hefty price tag.

To be fair, we don't really KNOW anything about it yet so this is all mainly speculation.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 86
Chasing to create tomorrow's experience
That IS a lot of money, wonder what the motive behind that choice in pricing is...
One would suspect that they are perhaps trying to shift their market towards more dedicated development teams? (the indie developer instead of the creative 'recreational' user).
Sagramore (MMORPG) - Game Designer

http://www.sagramore.com

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
anyone know the english release :blizj: :zwink:

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
anyone know the english release :blizj: :zwink:

On a side note...
Only Zylos can use those icons.

PREPARE TO SUFFER.

And no, why don't you try asking SOMEWHERE ELSE. rpgmakervx.net will probably have the answers you seek.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Why can't he ask here?

As far as I know, there is no English release date yet. They did the same with XP and VX though, so they probably will release an English translation, but it will probably be a few months after the Japanese one.

Rep:
Level 86
Chasing to create tomorrow's experience
Mmm good old manual translations using direct unicode hex rewrites :p (Don Miguel anyone)
Certainly interested to see how it turns out.

I would love it if they would just add an ability to create plugins that would, for instance, add new tabs to the database for configuration, but I suspect that is wishful thinking.
What exactly are you looking for in this, more control on the core mechanics ?
Sagramore (MMORPG) - Game Designer

http://www.sagramore.com

Rep:
Level 82
What exactly are you looking for in this, more control on the core mechanics ?

I imagine so scripters can create plugins for their scripts, etc. that can be setup in the database instead of typing in the editor. Its really not a difficult thing to do, we already have such a system in ARC.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
how about an actual database? every one these days running ac, windows or linux has some kind of default database? Windows 7, with half the programs we install requires, uses, relys on some kind of sql database....

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
how about an actual database? every one these days running ac, windows or linux has some kind of default database? Windows 7, with half the programs we install requires, uses, relys on some kind of sql database....

Games in general do not use standard databases.  It'd be fairly horrible to distribute these games if it required an actual database system, whereas now the rvdata files, which make up the database entries, goes right along with the game.  No, a real database wouldn't be wlecome by me.  I like the current implementation of the database just fine.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Enterbrain made a new site for Ace with news about the features.

There is a new map tile editor allowing you to set the tilesets you want per map with unique properties to the tiles, "Bush", "Passability" etc.

Battlebacks also seem to be back and you can merge 2 different battlebacks into a new one, also they seem to have added a built in caterpillar system.

I'm not sure about this, but it seems you will be able to play videos although it says "Ogg Theora Format".

For those of you who want to check it out, here's the link:

http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvxace/index.html

Edit: It seems VX and VX Ace are not completely compatible and you might not be able to transfer your work to it easily.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62VDtQSUrkw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62VDtQSUrkw</a>

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:25:31 PM by TDS »

Rep:
Level 97
Cool. Those all sound like great default features!

Also, I see lots and lots of noteboxes :) Actors, classes, and tilesets all seem to have them, which is great for scripting.

EDIT::

Yanfly did a really good breakdown of everything she could see from the new materials: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/expanded-vx-ace-information/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:25:46 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 82
Quote from: TDS
Edit: It seems VX and VX Ace are not completely compatible and you might not be able to transfer your work to it easily.

There's a nice little warning on the website regarding that:

Quote from: RPG Maker VX Ace
Game data created in 'RPG Maker VX' cannot be used with 'RPG Maker VX Ace'.
However, previous graphics and audio (BGM/BGS/ME/SE) may be used, as the standards have not been changed.

Looks like you'd have to start again from scratch if you wanted to release a game from VX to VX Ace. I can't really see VX going out of fashion that quickly, though. Not until all the VX scripts get re-made at least.

That's the part I'm definitely looking forward to. Be nice to know what those new Game_*** classes are too. Potentially much potential to be had. Still not sure about that price, though. There's some nice stuff put in there, but not quite enough to warrant a silly cost.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Well, higher prices could be indicative on Enterbrain desire to push RPG Maker towards more platforms than just PC. I heard that they were planning on releasing conversion software to convert games made with XP/VX/ACE to Smartphones and Xbox and all that costs them money which let's be honest most people don't actually buy RPG Maker resulting in a loss for them.

I do hope more people buy the software since Enterbrain is showing that they are paying attention to most RPG Maker communities and their games and also their complaints about their software.

Rep:
Level 82
Quote from: TDS
I heard that they were planning on releasing conversion software to convert games made with XP/VX/ACE to Smartphones and Xbox

Now that you mention it, I think I remember something on that too. Can't quite remember where, it was probably a passing moment.

I'll likely save up for it whether it's truly worth its price tag or not. Mostly because I like to keep to up to date with the software having used every version since RM95.

I do share those hopes though. The more people actually support the company, the more likely we'll see better and better versions. It's obvious they pay attention to how their software is used.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Sounds interesting, but why bother with keeping it as a "VX" title if it's not compatible with games made by VX? It's a whole new title, just lazily borrowing the same graphics for a lot of stuff.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Good point, Zyzy.

Regardless, this is going to be a hell of a lot of fun, going through all the new codes. It also opens up two new lines of work: writing new codes for VXA and converting from VX/XP. With this and ARC, I'm going to have a lot to do. Yay.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know