An odd problem.... >.<

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
So..  when I was playing through my game in the editor. (Usually holding sprint to run everywhere..)  I accidently held CTRL and was able to walk through everything? Like mountains, and walls, and trees... 

Has anyone else had this problem?  And if so.. is there a way to fix it?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
That's not a problem, that's a debug feature that only exists when you're testing your game from the editor.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I had a feeling that might have been it, thank you for verifying. :D

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You can even remove it. It's a feature in the default scripts. Go to Game_Player, delete lines 141 and 142, and have in their place:
Code: [Select]
return false
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 84
Just wondering, why would you want to delete that feature? I'd die if I didn't have it.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't know why, I just knew it was there. It's his insane decision if he wants to delete it.

Rep:
Level 88
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
well why would you suggest it in the first place.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
He seemed to want to have it removed.

Rep:
Level 82
How about just not run in debug mode if you don't like it.  Or just add a simple "$DEBUG = false" anywhere in the editor. And there's always the "don't hold control and walk through walls if you don't like it" aspect of it, too. I understand that may not be possible if you are using the key for something else, though....

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I originally thought that is was some kind of glitch with one of the scripts I have added.  My friend was playing my game (It happened to be a maze part, of course.) and he was like, "Look what I can do!" >.<

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Well, you won't have that problem whenever you encrypt and release your game. Like Irock said, this is a feature that only exists when you choose to test play from within the RPG Maker itself. I personally find it useful if there's a specific part of a map I want to test out and don't want to waste time going through a labyrinth of halls to get to there.