RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Desperation Attacks (VX)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I don't think it has to do with my script. What class related scripts do you have?

Feel free to PM me with your problem to avoid crowding up the thread.

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
I think im having an issue with the script, in battle test and new game works fine (i guess because i didnt started the game again, just tested a new battles), the issue says
"line 130: NoMethodError ocurred"
"undefined method ´[]´for nil:NilClass"

this is the line 130: "$game_system.DesperateAttack[@active_battler.id] != nil &&"

I believe that has something to do with the skills i added after i started the game (and those skills were not updated in the started game) but im not sure... is there a way to fix it or i should start a new game to use the script? (or it has nothing to do with your script???)

PD: Thanks for the script, its awesome!

Do you want original music for your game? Take a look here! You may like it.
Visit my Youtube Channel to listen the newest tracks and subscribe if you like my work :)
Also I have my Soundcloud account:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
If you're continuing from a prior save file from a period that you didn't have the script inserted, then yeah, there's going to be an issue. If you're playing a new game or playing a save file that had the script to begin with, then it should run just fine.

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
Ok! Thanks for answer dude!

Visit my Youtube Channel to listen the newest tracks and subscribe if you like my work :)

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
Bump...

I have another issue with the script, when i tried to change the desperate attack in a common event/ script command, i get an error that says:

NoMethodErrorOcurred occurred while running script.
undefined method ´DesperateAttack´ for nil:NilClass

I tested it in a new project with the default scripts, and gets me the same error.

I wrote in the common event this:
$Game_System.DesperateAttack[001] = 15

That should mean that Ralph will change his desperate attack to skill 15, or i wrote something wrong?

I wanted to do this because i wanted to change the desperate attack depend on the weapon.

Thanks for reading!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It's just a capitalization error, methinks. The call should be like this:
Code: [Select]
$game_system.DesperateAttack[1] = 15
Also, note that instead of 001 I put 1. That should work.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
Oh my god you are rigth pacman, its just that in the script info says "$Game_System" so i copy paste it lol...

Thank you!

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
It works with BEM ! I wanted to try this out myself, and once you have low HP, and you use attack afterwards, it works!

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
Almost sure my question will not be answered, but anyway... there is a way to set the desperation attack like FF8, that replaced the normal attack label optionaly? I´m using tankentai.

Regards!