RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX]Change Character Graphic HELP!

Rep:
Level 82
I have a glitch in my game where I have an intro scene and it changes to another map. What I want is for the character to change his graphic because it was nothing before but I can't change it. It still stays blank. Any suggestions?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Um, what exactly are you asking? How to change the main character sprite graphic? You can just use the Change Actor Graphic for that while you're changing screens.

Rep:
Level 82
I've tried doing that. . .still nothing.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Do you have default characters set?

Rep:
Level 82
I'm using the default charcter set for that character.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Oooooookay, that's weird. May I see a screenshot of the event commands? It might just be the order of it or something.

Rep:
Level 82
Here it is.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Hm... I want you to try two different things for me.

Firstly, I want you to cut the change actor graphic and screen fadein part out, put them at the top of whatever event you have starting the next map, and put an erase event (or self switch equivalent) after the transfer player. Save and give it a test to see if there's any difference.

If that doesn't work, I want you to try changing the player's graphic via a move route. Usually that's reserved for NPC's and such, but it works for the actors too. Just not with the face, you'll have to preset that.

Rep:
Level 82
Nope. . .Didn't work at all.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Grr... that's an unusual problem. Would you mind PM'ing the project to me and letting me take a look inside? I can't think of any reason why it won't change characters for you except for there being a conflicting command, which there shouldn't be from the sound of it.

Rep:
Level 82