RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Solved...kinda) Moveable Bridge

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Well to be honest, I have no idea if this should go here or some where else. I also have no idea if this is doable. But I thought this would be somewhere to start. I really have no Clue how to even go about doing this, I have some thoughts, but they were not very good, so I come to you! I have looked this up and nothing, No one has even requested this before (to my knowledge). This is the part where I tell you what I'm requesting. I want a bridge to be side ways and then Rotate to be the right way. So I guess I should tell you exactly what I want in an example, which is as follows:

Our young Hero is climbing up a Mayjor Mountain. which is lame cause he Hates Mountains. He the begins to feel it decline into a flat. He is Joyous for this fact. As our Hero begins to walk on this Flat he realizes there is a gap in the Road. But How to get across. He is Dismayed that his Journey has come so far only to end here. But whats this? He sees a Bridge. Joy is back in the heart of our Hero! Only for it to disappear and be replaced once again by dismay. The bridge isn't faceing the the Road at all. The Bridge doesn't even connet the Gap or the Road in any way! Being confused he looks around for a something, anything, only to find a switch next to a sign saying, "To Move Bridge". He Presses the Switch and Watches in truest of love. The Bridge connets the gap and the Road and, our Hero then walks across safely, only to, AGAIN, be Dismayed for he now has to climb more of the mountain!!

I guess an other example is a real Game example (the only one I could think of) is in Zelda Twilight Princess, the Bridges that you can spin around with your Wind Boomerang. Here is a picture of that Bridge.

I really hope that this is all you'll need to help me! If this isn't the Place to post this, please tell me or move it for me! If you need more info just ask. I think this is a pretty sweet Idea and would be cool to have in a game. I have had something like this in my game, but it looked bad. Mostly because I want it to fully Rotate. The one that I made, was looking one way and then when you hit the Switch, it was instantly a whole new bridge connetting the Road. Again this isn't what I want, I want it to Fully Rotate. One Bridge, not two different ones. Thanks for hearing me out and I hope that its doable!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:42:03 PM by Kidfox70 »
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 83
"You come, You go, but first you lose an arm"
umm okay ill try to help
so u want it like zelda moves bridge right
ok, u wont be able to have a 3d effect or any animation on it, but ill try my best

have lets say 10 events going from left to right, and they are the bridge graphics
when your player clicks a button, or does whatever to active the bridge, fade the screen out and control switch to lets say "bridge 2" then have 10 events going from up to down being a bridge graphic, and have it be "bridge 2" switch, and have left to right events be "bridge 1" then u would fade in screen to get an effect as if the bridge turned around

sorry if i was confusing  :-\
-=Renegade has come=- so has your death

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
So... you're looking for an actual sort of animation of the bridge turning? Or is having the bridge fade from going up and down to sideways okay? Because the former is quite complex and you'd probably need some sort of outside picture to do it with, and the latter is easy as pie.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
Or is having the bridge fade from going up and down to sideways okay?

is i guess how i am going to have to stick to it. after reading your guys comments and really thinking about it, i made like four versions of the basicly the same bridge. they all do the same thing. be one way and then after a trigger of some sort, change to connet the road or something like that. but the difference between them would be how they change. haha, but i guess i'm looking for
an actual sort of animation of the bridge turning
. what do you think should i give up? i have no way of making an animation and i don't have anything like photoshop...so...yeah...thanks guys for the help.
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 83
"You come, You go, but first you lose an arm"
no dont give up
there are alot of possibilities

keep trying
-=Renegade has come=- so has your death