RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ask the Furry Philosopher

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Zylos, will you jump off a bridge for me ?_?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Only if you jump first.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Love is choosing to unconditionally meet the needs of another person.

You are very close.  :)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
A person I am physically attracted to has done terrible things in the past, and the present. Perfection escapes most people, to speak sarcastically, but what perturbs me the most is the blatant lack of resolve to do better that I see in her. This makes me emotionally and mentally unattracted to her. However, in my deepest of deeps, I know that, if she ever came to me, asking for my shoulder to lean on, I'd lend it to her. Literally.

Good or bad idea?

Does that make me a caring person, or a weak person?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
In my opinion, it's a good idea. From what I've read of her in bean bags, she's definitely far from perfect (to put it mildly). But if you were in her position and you had no one else to go to, would you want to be turned away? It just shows you're a strong, caring person to let bygones be bygones and help her, despite how you feel about her now.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Why aren't your avatars ever 105X150?  ;9
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Because I suck at scaling images. 105x149 is the closest I can get.  ;9

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
How many strands of hair does a Sprited wolf have? :O

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Silly, a sprite would have pixels, not hair. 

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Will you use this?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
No, but since it apparently annoys you so much I'll add another 7 pixels to the one I have.

Rep:
Level 96
No, but since it apparently annoys you so much I'll add another 7 pixels to the one I have.

<3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Totalidiot
Rep:
Level 86
Nayr "Total" Infinity
What do you believe exists after death? Will the conciousness shut down into oblivion, or will it stay alive, either in the sense of heaven or hell, or eternal darkness? If my question makes no sense, then try this. Do you believe in an afterlife, or just that our souls will fade into nothingness?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I consider that more along the lines of theology rather than philosophy. I'd rather not turn this thread into some big elitist debate over religion, but since I'm obligated to answer, I'll just PM you my answer and leave it at that.

Next question!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I just escaped from death, can i say woot?

And can you escape from death?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
We can avoid death, but we cannot escape death. It is an inevitable part of nature and will find everyone someday.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Well, i just escaped it. He was infront of a car which was heading towards me, so i like moved and leik i'm alive.

You don't beleive i'm alive, do ya?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yes, you're alive (for now). My point is that you're still going to die sometime within the next 100 years.

Next!

Totalidiot
Rep:
Level 86
Nayr "Total" Infinity
Do you believe in magic? There's this girl in my school i want to ask out. Problem is she doesn't want to date anybody untill she's 18, which then she's going to college (not the same one I'm going to). I don't want to wait 3 more years only to never see her again. Any advice on how to convince her to go on a date with me? Any romantic advice?

Rep:
Level 96
Do you believe in magic? There's this girl in my school i want to ask out. Problem is she doesn't want to date anybody untill she's 18, which then she's going to college (not the same one I'm going to). I don't want to wait 3 more years only to never see her again. Any advice on how to convince her to go on a date with me? Any romantic advice?

Kick her in the back of the legs and then stomp on her face.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
@BOE - You are neither a furry nor a philosopher, so you may not answer totalinfinity's question.

@totalinfinity - To answer your question, you should kick her in the back of the legs and then stomp on her face.

Totalidiot
Rep:
Level 86
Nayr "Total" Infinity
HAHAHAHA! No really, what should I do? You're a philosophe, you have advice.

Rep:
Level 96
He's a Philosopher, not a psychologist.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Honestly I don't see how your question has anything to do with philosophy, but whatever. Now then, there are only three reasons I can think of for a girl to not date anyone until they are 18:

1. She doesn't like you (or she is already dating someone), and wants to let you down gently. If this is the case, you should just give it up. She's probably the bitchy type who feels that you are too inferior for her anyways.

2. Her parents forbid her from dating until she is 18. If this is the case, then her parents are probably overly-protective assholes. You would probably do wise to just stay good friends and not get her into any trouble.

3. She doesn't want to get into a relationship that she knows won't last. If this is the case, you might still stand a chance. Just be nice to her and let things slowly develop. Perhaps if you're the type to occasionally go out to movies with your friends, ask her to come along (provided she knows who your friends are). This is the kind of thing you don't plan out, but rather just let things roll along until they either roll in your favor or you give up.

Good luck. Next!

Totalidiot
Rep:
Level 86
Nayr "Total" Infinity
Honestly I don't see how your question has anything to do with philosophy, but whatever. Now then, there are only three reasons I can think of for a girl to not date anyone until they are 18:

1. She doesn't like you (or she is already dating someone), and wants to let you down gently. If this is the case, you should just give it up. She's probably the bitchy type who feels that you are too inferior for her anyways.

2. Her parents forbid her from dating until she is 18. If this is the case, then her parents are probably overly-protective assholes. You would probably do wise to just stay good friends and not get her into any trouble.

3. She doesn't want to get into a relationship that she knows won't last. If this is the case, you might still stand a chance. Just be nice to her and let things slowly develop. Perhaps if you're the type to occasionally go out to movies with your friends, ask her to come along (provided she knows who your friends are). This is the kind of thing you don't plan out, but rather just let things roll along until they either roll in your favor or you give up.

Good luck. Next!
1 = No
2 = maybe
3 = probably