RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Level and attribute Requirements

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
So here's the thing, I'm making a game with RMXP, where i need to make the weapons and armor and stuff require a level of the user. So that a level 4 can't use a level 5 weapon. And also that if the chars strength is 25 he can't use a weapon that requires 26 Strength.

I don't know if there's a way by making events or anything, but script would be much easier,,,, kinda..

Maybe a little hard? ::)
but if you guys could help me with that, that would be terrific! ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:20:10 PM by SirMagus »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
first off, this should be in requests
and you should have the correct tags
(falcon's gna bitch slap you for that one :P)

anyways, I can think of one way that I would do it
I'll see what I can do
no guarantees

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

thnx dude, I appreciate it  ;D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
*moves*

@NAMKCOR: Do you leave the request open for other scripters to take?

what do you mean? so if someone makes the script it will be available for all? if you meant that, then yes. Why not? =P

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Oh no.
It was whether NAMKCOR will do the request or not. It's just so multiple scripters don't do the same thing.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmmm.... Just an idea but this would be done with arrays, right? And just comparing the actor's level to the level set in the array? :P

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Yes,,please,,someone make this script

It's gonna be very useful
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah I'll take care of it
it'll be a lot of array work, but I'll do it

Thnx Alot, NAMKCOR! You're a real pal!  ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
np
I might just use it myself in a game

just change the tag from AVAILABLE to RESERVED k?

sure thing ^^

*clicks and writes*

done =P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
quick question
this will delay the script slightly, but would you like me to redesign the equip menu as well?
so that when you select a weapon/armor it'll show the stats and stuff as well as required info
(I only ask because it's possible to put that info in the description etc...)

edit: I'm making a custom equip menu but am going to provide it seperately so you aren't required to use it.
the script is simpler than I thought and should be done by the end of the day

I hope you don't mind filling in arrays, cuz that's the only way I could think of doing this
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:42:20 PM by NAMKCOR »

You mean that you will make a custom window for weapon/armor creation menu?
in that case, that would be AWESOME. things would get much better

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
not for weapon/armor creation
I mean a custom Scene_Equip
the script itself is done, but I'm still working on a custom Scene_Equip that lets the player see the weapons' requirements

oh yeaaaah! of course.  Cool! I don't know how you do it, but it's awesome  ;D it's... Funky  :blizj:
I like the idea.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I gotta come up with a decent design for the Equip menu, so the script may be delayed till tomorrow or so

's that ok?

Sure, but will there be a function to load your own background display in the equip menu by putting a picture file somewhere?
I mean if you made a function that loads a custom picture file in the background by making the name of the file for example "eq_back" or something? if you understand what I'm talking about =P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
do you mean a windowskin or replacing the background behind the windowskin
cuz the menu's probably gna take up the whole screen

You're making it custom, right? so if you could create a way to make us load our own pictures to replace you custom look if needed.
You don't have to, but it would improve. I should be happy for what i get =P
I really appreciate your work =)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:11:04 PM by SirMagus »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you can't load pictures to replace the way the windows are going to be arranged
the most you could do was change the windowskin

Oh, ok  :-\
oh well, then it'll do without  :lol:

Hey, what's happening, haven't heard from you in days. lol

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
sorry, I got sidetracked by projects and finals :tpg:

fear not, it is on the way
sorry for the huge delay

Nothing to worry about =P
If i was to do what you do, i would use years XD
Keep up the good work!  :lol: