RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The best RPG story

Rep:
Level 87
To me, an RPG is 70% about the story. In almost al cases, it decides for me if I like it or not.
That's why I want to start a discusion about what RPG story people like the best.
This means NOT what you like the best in all, it's just about the story.

I guess I should start of on this one.

The story I like best is the one from Tales of Symphonia. The story looks very standard and boring in the begining, but once you think your nearing the ending, it appears that it's just starting.
It has nearly every aspect you can think of. Action, drama, love, discrimination, ego, betrayal and more are packet in it.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I liked the Chrono Trigger story. You were sent back in time to rescue your friend bt then half of your group is sent to a different era, and as you progress different events happen in different eras, and when you go back in time it effects the out come of what happens when you return to future eras... confusing but made a great story.

Maybe someone could reword what I said to make it sound smarter... lol
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Good topic, but I think this should be in the Video Games forum.

My favorite RPG storyline is Chrono Cross. Its really complex, and every little fiber of it gives you more insight into the time-split.

Rep:
Level 87
I'll just say what my dad likes the best FINAL FANTASY ;D
You think so?

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Well, I like Tales of the Abyss' storyline. At first, the main character is NOT a typical hero(good, protect people, and all that stuff). He's more arrogant.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 87
@ChaosSpartan28
I played that game to and I agree that it was great to play. I played it a lot because I wanted to see al the diferent endings ;D

@godlock2006
Which FF do you meen? I thought they all had a seperate storyline.

@Holkeye
Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. You can move it to the right place if you want.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'll just name all the RPGs that I quite enjoyed playing for their storyline.

Final Fantasy VI, VII, IX
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Legend of Dragoon
Grandia

they all had simple beginnings with a great plotline and a good ending.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Kingdom Hearts 2 was my first RPG (I started playing RPGs when I got a PS2, before that I was playing games like Super Mario Bros and Crappy 2D Racing.

I liked all that "The Chosen One" stuff but it was a bit overused so I ended up liking the main character using a sword stuff. Stories? I like the sad ones which make you cry for real  :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I like the sad ones which make you cry for real  :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:
~Winged
You might like Air TV (show). Only 12 episodes, and all are on Youtube.
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=air+tv+episode+1&search=Search  <-Ep1
12 eps divided into 3 arcs; first arc is mediocore but the second and third are pretty good imo. And real drama starts from a bit past the 7nd.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:39:04 AM by Reives »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
I'm guessing nobody played Xenogears. Now that is a story.
[edit] Oh yeah I was suppose to post why. Because everything is not what it seems in the world of xenogears, and disc two is like 99% story T.T
I was forced to read so much dialog before I was forced to fight a boss and get a chance to save.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:09:19 AM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep:
Level 88
I enjoy creating Character Sprites.....
It ma seem childish, but I liked Kingdom Hearts story, becuase it dealt with intense love. I think that love stories make for the best, because people are willing to do almost anything for love, and if you can incorporate that into a game, it has NO limits!!

At least that's just my opinion.
Make sure that the juice was worth the squeeze

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I like the sad ones which make you cry for real  :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:
~Winged
You might like Air TV (show). Only 12 episodes, and all are on Youtube.
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=air+tv+episode+1&search=Search  <-Ep1
12 eps divided into 3 arcs; first arc is mediocore but the second and third are pretty good imo. And real drama starts from a bit past the 7nd.

My laptop hates youtube =/ All well, thanks for the tip anyway =D

~Winged

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
Not sure if this belongs here but have you played Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance I still cant find the storyline but if there is one Ill find it (eventually ???)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Parasite Eve.

But only because it was a novel before it was made into a game.

It's a shame it's so short, but man, the story is ridiculous.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Not sure if this belongs here but have you played Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance I still cant find the storyline but if there is one Ill find it (eventually ???)

Basically, some girl gets killed by guards, then she comes back to life and tries to pwn Baldur's Gate, and you are some guy (or girl) who randomly gets mugged at the start and you stop her. And it doesn't belong here.

My favourite RPG story is Betrayal at Krondor. Probably not many people have played it, as it is an old game, but it was a lot of fun.

Rep:
Level 86
Final Fantasy 4...then 6....then either KOTORs.....then Mass Effect then bioshock............
and FF7, and my RPG Maker game.........and so on and so on

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
STOP GRAVEDIGGING

Rep:
Level 86
My Favorite game, Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga. Coz the story is about the devil from the wrong experiment that change all of people become devil. they begin to devour other people.
The main hero want to meet the God to save everyone.
at last he met the God after the world is destroyed.

I very love this game.......

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Chrono Cross and Mario & Luigi...full of humor!

I also like Twilight Princess, but some more arrogant RPG'ers may not consider that an RPG...