RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Resources Addon Pack for RPG Maker XP !!! (VERSION 2+Game Demo)

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Demo + Resources: http://www.rmrevolution.com/rpg-maker-downloads/

THE GAME SIDE
Spoiler for:
I have pretty mush reworked this game...

The Intro is different, the story remains similar...

OK...

Intro:-
Starts off in a church, there are many babies (Eight of them, laid out on the floor and a ritual is being done by a priest... The Mum's and Dad's of the Children are watching... There are all kinds of elemental flashes towards the children, every thing goes dark... A Demon is seen for a brief 2nd and then every thing become light again... The Priest says "let our children become the carriers of the Fallen Angels, let them be our saviors against the Evil of Blackthorn... And let the King of Blackthorn fall at their hands... Until the Children are old enough to weld your power, oh Gods, keep them safe". (Or something like that)

Screen goes dark - Message text reads "16 years form that day have passed, you awake with a burning sensation on the back of your neck, a tattoo of the Wind Element is inscribed on your neck"....

The Game then starts

The Game

You control Kane Huri a young blue haired boy (Fighter02), your farther tells you about the time at the church and how you must find the others like you and take hold of your destiny and take down the King of Blackthorn (King Harefield), and rid the land of all evil... You soon learn the King knows of the legend of the fallen is has sent his army looking for the 8 children... You have to find them before he does...

Many puzzles will involve swapping the party around and making use of spells and skills of certain party members...

Navigation

The Navigation of this huge game is fairly easy... I have added the world Map tile set, and boats can be used to traverse the sea (Apart from the light blue area's)... The Kings Boat is also on the ocean... Try to avoid it at all costs... Until your as hard as nails that is...

Screenshots:-

Video shows how to get off the first Island quickly:-

(But really you should search and complete all the side quests, if your testing the Demo fully)

Going in Buildings that are not finished will teleport you to random places !!

THE ADDON PACK

Has all the below and more...

Auto tiles:-
Spoiler for:
Here's some I done for Snowy area's:-

I made these too just to make mapping simpler:-

Animations:-

Spoiler for:
Symbols of the vodiac / Heavan and Hell

Summon Darkness - Call Fourth of Scarifical Babies

Summon Earth - Earth God (Nasty looking jolly green giant)...LOL

Ice Summon - Ice Godess

Water Summon - Water Godess

Fire Summon - Fire God

Storm Summon - Storm Godling

Holy/Light Summon - Angel of Light

Icon's:-

Spoiler for:
Weapons

Slicer

Short Spear / Javalin

Ribbon Spear / Javalin

Spikey Stick / Rake

Throwing Star

Magic Spear / Javalin

Long Spear / Javalin

Blood Sword

Long Sword

Serated Sword

Blood Letting Sword

Chain Sword

Lance Sword

Ice Sword

Fire Sword

Skull Cracking Sword

Leather Whip

Nunchaku

Pocket Knife

Hook Sword

Dragon Sword

Metal Tounge

Anti Fire Armour

Anti Strom Armour

Bronze Armour

Chain & Plate Armour

Golden Armour

Platinum / Silver Armour

Spiked Armour

Storm Shield

Fire Shield

Platinium Shield

Gold Shield

Earth Shield

Bronze Shield

Dragon Shield

Storm Helm

Spiked Helm

Platinum / Silver Helm

Horned Helm

Hell / Fire Helm

Golden Helm

Dragon Helm

Dark Helm

Bronze Helm

Bronze Boots

Common Boots / Winkle Pickers / Spiked Shoes

Fire Boots

Golden Boots

Icarus Boots / Winged Boots

Leather Boots

Storm Boots

Platinum / Silver Boots

Bronze Gloves

Dragon Gloves

Fire Gloves

Golden Gloves

Leather and Chain Mail Glove

Platinium / Silver Gloves

Rusty / Old Gloves

Spiked Gloves

Storm Gloves

Dragon Blade

Metal Tongue item

Water Staff

Fire Staff

Earth Staff

Dark Staff

Storm Bow

Spiked Bow

Silver Bow

Mixed Metal Bow

Cupid Bow

Golden Bow

Fire Bow

Bronze Bow

Killer Bow

Items

Red Potion

Purple Potion

Pink Potion

Green Potion

Blue Potion

Red Mushroom

Green Mushroom

Gold Mushroom

Brown Mushroom

Aqua Mushroom

Broken Rose

Orchid /Lilly

Flowers

Leaf

Cannibis

Normal Staff's

earth staff

water staff

wind staff

fire staff

light satff

more powerful versions of the ubove staves:

earthquake staff

tsunami staff

lightning staff

flaming staff

holy staff

legendary staves:

typhoon staff

power staff

explosion staff

psychic staff

super legendary staff:

all elemental staff (not light)

Sprites and Battler

Spoiler for:
Some new Additions to my Resources:-

Cave Dragon

Coastal Cave

Mountain Cave

Octopus

A Chunky Firey haired Knight

Skipping Kids

Best way to animate them is:-

Witch Burning.

White Hoody Dude

A few Re-Colours and a new Crowd Set:-

Dark Main Dude

Lumber Jack

Baby Spiders

Mamma Spider

Hang Man

Gallows (Leading up and Hanging)

Celtic

(I made the Gallows using the Mine Town Exterior, and the Wagon Sprite set.... It only took me about an hour or so, if you have been looking you may have notice the image update about four times as I done each row of animation.)

OK.... Drum Roll... I have done the Head Chopper Thing... Made again using the Wagon Sprite and Mine town tile set... And I used bits from the Gallows I Made...

Guillotine

Sprites to go with it:-

Decapitator

Koi Carp

Spirit Orb

Animated Crowd

Drak Knight

Small Crab

Distrortion of Faith

Contorted Monk

Deformed Grunt

Winged Horse

Lancer on Horse

Bolo (Army type guy)

Red Lancer / Red Knight Battler

Red Knight on Horse

Tradder on Horse

Wolves

Re-drew all the battlers for the monsters from D&D (My versions, VERY loosely based on the originals, used them as templates)

FunGuy

Rock Giant

Tri Barbed Runner

Giant Eagle

Window Skins

Spoiler for:
Japan Landscape

Angel Swords

Titles

Spoiler for:
Battle Axes

Dragon

Tile Sets

Spoiler for:

And every one who has helped made this possible:-

Previous Release:- - So you can see how far it has come !!
Spoiler for:
Demo:- http://hosted.filefront.com/landofshadows

I have pretty mush re-worked this game...

The Intro is different, the stroy remains simular...

OK...

Intro:-
Starts off in a church, there are many babies (Eight of them, laid out on the floor and a ritual is being done by a priest... The Mum's and Dad's of the Children are watching... There are all kinds of elemental flashes towards the children, every thing goes dark... A Demon is seen for a brief 2nd and then every thing become light again... The Priest says "let our children become the carriers of the Fallen Angels, let them be our saviors againts the Evil of Blackthorn... And let the King of Blackthorn fall at their hands... Until the Children are old enough to weld your power, oh Gods, keep them safe".

Screen goes dark - Message text reads "16 years form that day have passed, you awake with a burning sensation on the back of your neck, a tattoo of the Wind Element is inscribed on your neck"....

The Game then starts

The Game

You control Cane Huri a young blue haired boy (Fighter02), your farther tells you about the time at the church and how you must find the others like you and take hold of your destiny and take down the King of Blackthorn (King Harefield), and rid the land of all evil... You soon learn the King knows of the legend of the fallen is has sent his army looking for the 8 children... You have to find them before he does...

Many puzzles will envolve swapping the party around and making use of spells and skills of certain party members...

Navigation

The Navigation of this huge game is fairly easy... I have added the world Map tile set, and boats can be used to traverse the sea (Apart from the light blue area's)... The Kings Boat is also on the ocean... Try to avoid it at all costs... Until your as hard as nails that is...

Screenshots:-

World Map

Custom Castle Town Tile Set I made to Match the World Map Tile Set.

Custom Armish Farm like town I made in keeping with the World Map tile Set

The Title Screen is being Revised from the old one... The Game is shaping up fairly nice...

Addon Pack With the Demo:-

FILE FOR DOWNLOAD:-

The Finished version is up for download... Nolonger a BETA. (WITH GAME DEMO)

Version 2 of the Exapnsion Pack now for download:- http://hosted.filefront.com/landofshadows

What this pack contains (Just a small selection shown):-

Credits:-

Download it today:- http://files.filefront.com/LOS+RMRK+ADDON+...;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:57:21 PM by modern algebra »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
You can use anything from HOTSOMS, since that's originally what it was made for anyway. I'm sure by now, almost no one here is aware of it. http://slyph.org/index/content/view/37/39/

I can pop out a few more to add onto it, too.
:tinysmile:

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The Midi Files you just gave me the link to are amazing... They fit RPG Maker perfectly... They are going in !!! +REP !!!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I would love to help, but
1.) I can't input anything for awhile, I'm grounded from my computer at home
2.) I  only have stick stuff

So, good luck! But I can't do much...

http://www.phanxgames.com/resources/index.php?cat=3
I just found this
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:40:47 PM by Forcystus »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,14477.0.html ;D
Only problem is that all the compilations are out of date. You should ask grafikal for the compilation, if he still has it. If not, we're kind of screwed...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
This sounds like a good idea.
If I get any idea and create a script that is fitting for a resource pack I will submit it.
So... Yeah I support the idea ^_^

You can use anything from HOTSOMS, since that's originally what it was made for anyway. I'm sure by now, almost no one here is aware of it. ...
What?!? I listen to the stuff from it like every other day.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:08:33 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Hence the "almost" <3
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 92
Yup <3

@LOS: I forgot. If you feel like any of published work is worth putting into the pack you have my permission. I just haven't made anything specifically for this package yet.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
hmmm... It's a great idea! Unfortunately, I do not think that I have any talents which I can apply to this project, as I am not a resource creator. If you see anything on the boards by me that you think would be a decent addition though, by all means add it. Unfortunately, my main talents are eventing and mapping, and neither can be applied... And your music is fantastic, HotS.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Dont always be quick to put yourself down Modern.
Many people in the community dont know how to descently map or may need help with events. Sure there may be other tutorials out there but not all mappers have the same style of how they build something.

So my suggestion
Tutorials
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 88
Hm... I'm not sure how I can help... I'm not good at creating resources... But I'm good at gathering a lot of resources that I haven't seen others get... If that can help... If you want, I can provide some really nice MIDIs. I can also provide a few tilesets maybe.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Dont always be quick to put yourself down Modern.
Many people in the community dont know how to descently map or may need help with events. Sure there may be other tutorials out there but not all mappers have the same style of how they build something.

So my suggestion
Tutorials

I've made a few tutorials and event systems: but are they acceptable submissions for the resources pack? They aren't really resources.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Oh, I can do events. I have worked out fishing, herblore, and (maybe) thieving.

Rep:
Level 92
@modern: What about submitting plug 'n' play event systems?

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I guess my blackjack event would fall under that category, and I could definitely make a few more, but wouldn't that be somewhat difficult to transfer in to a game, since it uses specific variables and switches which would need to be reassigned if someone was trying to transfer it into their game? Well, whatever, I'll work on my Blackjack event and submit it I guess.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I'll be happy to throw in a bunch of Title screens, and game over screens, along with some window skins and some sprites. (Of course, what would I know them...)

I can make some icons too, and also the file icon.
And I can do some hand drawn stuff. Like battlers, but someone would have to edit them to color them.

And would there be maps in this? Because I can do some kick-ass over world mapping.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you get this pack completed, it's going to be put up on the main site along with RMXP =)
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
mastermoo420 - Thanks for the Icons I will add those...

Zeriab - I will have a look through the script Database at some stage... TA !!

Every one else, thanks for your support !

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
So, you're saying that we make

RPG MAKER XP EXPANSION PACK: RISE OF ROME MAKERS?

I can help in mooziq. And various pre-made stories XD
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
good luck on this! xD I wish I could do something =D but I'm not a scripter or composer, or graphic artist. xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Pre-Made maps plz?
Arlen is hot.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Updated people, see the spolier button in the 1st post, click it to see what I have added so far...

A Credit notepad file will go with the finished addon pack, all people that have given shall be listed.

Rep:
Level 92
@modern:
You should try to make it as easy as possible to change the variable and switches.
We could perhaps specify certain intervals for switches and variables. Having like 10 temp variables could help. (Like you have 10 variables you can use for temp calculations. When you use them there can be some garbage in them. Could be quite useful for reducing the amount of variables)
You could also say that they are 'templates' to help the maker create the event system by simple adapting the template to the game. It is a bit more advanced, but not as difficult as creating the system from scratch.

@nouman:
You could make some maps. Your maps are rather nice ^_^
You could also help modern with some eventing. We could all specify some rules the systems must follow. The point of it is naturally to make it easier for the developers to use.

@LOS:
np. I like the idea and I'm happy to help
I hope you don't mind me talking about some eventing with modern and nouman.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Zeriab - Yeah that's cool...

What I am thinking is getting the most in that I can, svaing the project file as a ZIP and then upload it to some free host.

I would like Nouman to make a few Maps, that would be cool.

For Events too what you mention all sounds cool... I was thinking may be making a Map page full of animated events, like smoke, fire, opening doors etc... But your idea sounds much better !!!

I guess I will add the first few things, like I have already... I may add some Game over screens and some more sprites (Non playable ones)... Then look at passing the file around, it's best only one person at a time adds stuff...

Once I am done I will let you guys know... and then some one can PM me to request it next !!!

I am not sure if this matters, bbut I am using PK edition ?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hey, from what I've seen, my title screens aren't all that good, but I have a few really good game overs.

I'll attach them (If that's alright with you) when I have about 10 or 20.