RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Student Teacher Organization [CLOSED]

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I think he filled out the student form the first time....

Anyways, I think we get the point, I'll assign him to FuMannChu, any objections?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
None from me.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Let me try this too:

Name: Zeriab
Position: Eventer
Skill Level: Expert
Maker(s): RMXP only
Example of Work: Pig Puzzles
Modes of Communication: PM and MSN

pokeball KanOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Mapping expert.
Sign mw up as a student!

Name: Kan
Teachers Needed: scripting, advanced events
Skill level of teachers: Basic and advanced scripting, Expert events
Makers: RPXP PK edition
Modes of Communication: PM, e-mail: adell368@yahoo.com

Also, sign me up as and medium teacher for mapping.

Rep:
Level 91
You can't learn Basic AND advanced scripting. And you need to post examples proving which level you need to start out on.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:38:34 AM by Darklord »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
EDIT4:
Name: Look left.
Teacher Position: Eventing, Mapping, and Writing
Skill Level: You tell me.
Example of Work: See edits below
Maker(s): XP
Modes of Communication: AIM(GilgameshRO) MSN(GilgameshRO@hotmail.com) e-mail{same address, I'm unlikely to check my mail) RMRK's IRC room.
/EDIT

I'd like to offer my services as a teacher, but not sure what level my skills are at. I'd consider my mapping and eventing to be mediocre, but I think maybe some people would consider them expert. I'd consider my writing abilities expert but I'm not good at explaining it, so I'd at least like to apply for mediocre writing teacher position. If you want proof of my skills, well, I'll get around to it. I've made at least a dozen eventing tutorials, but they're scattered. I also made a rather neat puzzle game, but I've sort of totally gutted it. Let me look for some mapping examples.

EDIT: Some mapping examples

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/111/example5ib1.png
This one is my final map from the mapping competition last year. I lost to Zxmelee. :(
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1214/example3or3.png
My interior entry for that competition.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7004/example6lx2.png
This is a map I was using in the intro of a weird game I was making. The goal was to be kinda random with some things obviously out of place. Example: the church has no door.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6600/example4vm8.png
This is from a veeery old project. I had actually made it to try to make the mapping look better than it actually was! It's only OK, I figured I'd show it anyways.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9691/example1du3.png
The market from a project that never saw light. The entire game took place in a huge city with one dungeon, and focused on the relationships between the player and the people of the city.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4466/example2pf0.png
Another shot from that game, of the garden area, with an old church.

EDIT2: Some event examples

http://supload.com/sendfile/download.php?id=7PNznQWBRgEpCRN7M0Mp
AIRSHIP is an example of how to make an airship with RMXP using events.
Spikes is an example of how to make timed spikes(or other traps) in RMXP.
examples is a project I made while answering a newbie's questions about events. As he asked questions I added onto it and used the peices to answer his questions. There are a few comments on it, but probably not enough to really explain what's going on.

These are the only solid examples I could find. My two CBS were never completed, and very buggy, and I've totally gutted my project Magical Sky Maze.

EDIT3: Found an old version of Magical Sky Maze. Check it out. Anyone who hasn't played it before should probably check it out too.

http://www.savefile.info/download.php?id=D3A61AC6
Magical Sky Maze. It's a mostly event based puzzle game. The script at the end of each stage was done by Zeriab. Originally it was entirely events, but it's more efficient this way and seemed like a good idea. The health bar script is a heavily edited version of a script by... I think it was by Tsuno, it's been awhile.
http://supload.com/sendfile/download.php?id=qOx260npsmiortKMnvar
Musicless version for smaller download.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:24:32 AM by GilgameshRO »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'd be willing to do some teaching, I do know a little bit about this event business, if you so really desire.  :-\

deadly_diablo would be a good choice for an event teacher for 2k3. I can vouch for him.
:tinysmile:

pokeball KanOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Mapping expert.
you need to post examples proving which level you need to start out on.

:( I'd give a mapping example if I knew how to take screenshots....
Screw me being a student, I'll be a mapping teacher once I get's screenshots up.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
to take a screenshot press "PRINT SCREEN" is should be a button on your keyboard upper right side.

and gilga...wow...I think you should be expert.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I guess I don't really know the standards.

Rep:
Level 91
Sorry about the late reply :P

GilgamesRO, how many students do you want to take?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
2 at the most. On the up side, I can teach them everything but scripting.

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
Ok, let's get this straight.

An event system? Please explain further?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
An event system is a system made with events. I figured that was pretty obvious.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
That reminds me I'm learning to script. When I get decent, I''l gladly help people learn it.

Rep:
Level 91
Ok, let's get this straight.

An event system? Please explain further?

I need to see that you can demonstrate proficiency with events, you need to show you understand if statements, loops, and conditional branches. Other than that, I require my students understand what an object oriented programming language is (very easy to find, just read dubealex's first Ruby tutorial). If you can do that I'll teach you some scripting.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Hey, darklord, teach me to script. Clearly I understand events pretty well, and I know what an object oriented programming language is. I've tried to learn a bit but it didn't work out so well. Maybe you can teach me.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Hey Gilga. I can try to teach you some expert eventing. (if it is alright with Darklord)
I have seen your work, so I do know you have the right qualifications.
What's even more. I actually do have some teaching material.
My Pig Puzzles is made for that purpose.

@Darklord:
On the first page there is:
Zeriab(1)
Does this mean there have been a student assigned to me?

Rep:
Level 91
The number next to the name is how many students they can take.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I doubt theres much you can teach me about events specifically, but I'd like to give it a shot anyways.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Name: Alex
Position: Teacher
Skill Level: medium-high
Maker(s): 2003, Xp
Example of Work: Umm. . Look in the title shop thread
Modes of Communication: Email, PM, IRC chat
Number of Students: 1-2
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 88
Name: Christopher Roberts Limb (aka Kathis)
Position:Teacher of events
Skill Level:very well informed
Maker(s): RPG Maker 2000, 2003, Xp, Tool Kit 2 (I am not very informed of it but I am aware of how to operate most of it)
Example of Work:mini games, having an npc make potions or weapons, if you are looking for a project example I'll redl maker 2000 and show you what I am cabable of at a lazy level
Modes of Communication: msn (the_comic_club@hotmail.com) Aim: (hero5th) yahoo (kathis_brightstar) Email: climb@sd58.bc.ca (please if you WANT to email me use my email address I do not look at my yahoo mail nor my hotmail very often..and I still havn't figured out how to check my aim mail ><)
Number of Students: as many as you care to hand to me but please under 20 standard teaching limit XD

*bows* It doesn't matter to me if you sign up for a student or not. if you are interested in my teachings I will help you

*note* students that want lessons with events on the RPG maker 2000 I would perfer if you had the basic with the few tilesets and not the version 1.37 (around that) with all the other maps I have it installed but its more of a hazzle for me to  for me to adjust my lesson plan
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:17:13 AM by kathis »
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
I know it's REALLY late, but....

This is a town I've done, if it'sd not "Eventy" enough for you I dunno what is...

Just give me a sec to upload.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no its not too late
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...