RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] 'Nocturne Gospel' (Abandoned)

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
There really shouldn't be fog inside, try to use some cosmetic lighting.

The outside ones in day time would do better with the light rays fog instead of he fog fog, otherwise looking pretty good ^_^

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I don't have that light ray fog most people use :p or the one I used isn't here at this moment.

I imagine the fog inside would look weird, but some people at another place said it's atmosphere didn't feel the same :0

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I just realized how cool Klyron (probably) is.

DAS, KEEP ON BEING AWESOME!  ;8

Spoiler for:
lol i have too many anime-obsessed friends, their fangirlish ways are rubbing off on me ;_;

Rep:
Level 85
cant wait to see more  ;)
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Remake of Lloid & Noah (Shinary) Sprites:

I'm working on the sprites once more, I like how they came up, but dunno how the public would see it, either way, I like the look of it. :3

Rep:
Level 84
98. “OMGWTF” is not a spell.
I actually like Noahs (Shinarys) new hair colour. It matches better with the coulour of the, erm, "original" (Nozomi).
Also the overall look matches now so much better.
As for Lloid... well I liked the old version a little more, but the new version is also really good.

I kept watching this project for a while and I am looking forward for a demo, when you feel ready for it.  ;)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ok, so a Few Updates:

I'm debating between two CBS, the Old one that's on the first post preview, & this One:

CTB by Charlie Lee . . . .

Has a feel of Final Fantasy to it with some features, but I'm still thinking of whether putting it or not.  ::) I would most likely won't put it until I know it's not 'private'.

Next Update:

Ending Theme song for each Arc Ending has been chosen, and 'old' favorite of mines. (There was a debate between 'Rasuto Kissu?', 'Be your girl', 'Sociometry' & 'Deep Forest')

Song: "??????, Rasuto Kissu? (Last Kiss)"
Lyrics and Composition by: Tsunku
Arrangement by: Takao Konishi
Performed by: Tanpopo

*Obligatory Link with the Song*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gKFj70C7Jo

Lyrics:
http://www.animelyrics.com/Anime/orphen/maolk.htm

----------------------------------------------------

Next Update:

New Custom Tilesets are coming along, Remakes & changes to most of it.

Thanks to Sithlord999 for lending his time to work on these customs.

----------------------------------------------------

Animation Work:

I never got to show what the Animation of the spells look like in-battle.
The more I play around with photoshop, the more ideas I get:

One of many spells (Mock-up, not official) to make an appearance in SR.

Yet again, credits for Sithlord999 for ripping the graphics themselves ^^;;

------------------------------------------------------------------

Animated Title Screen has been added, thanks to Ming :x for putting it together, Hanzo for the Title Logo, & Seth for the graphics (Even thou I had to look for somewhere else for the start & load buttons >__>;;)

Also, Falcon for teaching me scripting & advices, since I found out that whenever I got out of the Load_scene, it got me back to the RMXP Title Screen & not the evented one.

Songs from Seinarukana ~ The Spirit Sword of Eternity 2 has been added, ripped & format changed by Sithlord999. ._. Yet again, I must repay him for all he has done. <shiver>

& Finally:

Update & Remaked the Old Sprites into this, even thou in my last post where both Lloid & Noah (Shinary), here's half the new base of the cast:

Main characters that is . . . They will also have their poses, to give a more realistic kinda feel in the in-game graphics (not on the Visual Novel Scenes).

& There's still no Deadline for a beta yet :-\ *cough*

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
THAT

IS

SO

COOL

;8

Rep:
Level 84
98. “OMGWTF” is not a spell.
THAT

IS

SO

COOL

;8

I agree with that.  :D
Keep up the great work!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm all for the FFX battle system
it offers the basic sideview with a bit more strategy involved :)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
btw, I wanted to ask, how is that mock off going to be pulled off? lol

your going to need a scriptor :x

Rep:
Level 90
Actually, you can pull off something like the mockup merely by cleverly setting up a battle animation.

Though that mockup does look overdone in terms of effects. Not even Seinarukana went that over the top.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:12:13 AM by Skie Fortress »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I'll cut the lightning & fog effect on the animation . . . . Over the top & too much work to set it correctly would take even longer.__.

Sprite are coming better along now:

*still missing more people*

----------------

I might take long, next update of things would be either around november or so, first priority are the sprites, later I'll get to work with the editing of tilesets & jumping with some scripts around.

if all goes well, there might be a demo either by the end of december/january or Summer 09 (yet again).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:52:00 PM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Lookin' good, seems like you'll be set for a while. And again, I am very very fond of the tree-roots idea.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
with the amount of work being put into this, I really hope it turns out well.

and yeah, those roots in the special tileset are really cool

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
Very cool game! Great work.
Are they all playable character?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
WOW massive  rip from seinarukana xD

<3 Xuse.

PS: yes i finished narukana

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 ??? You got me lost there.

any way, expect working demo, by December.

hopefully thou.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
ye i got the original narukana game as well... and other Xuse produced games

i got all music BGM etc etc, all character sheets, battle backs, animations etc etc.

BUT i could never rip the characters sprites myself =/

tell me how u did it! xD

im a big fan of Xuse created products so ye i was planning on making a fan based RPG on one of them. knowing how to rip the sprites i could mix and match difference Xuse game sprites to make something unique.

PS: do use the FFX battle system from charlie Lee. Im using it myself for the rpg game im making. why should u use it? the amount of sprites from narukana allows u to easily make animated battlers. The over  all "look" of Charlie's battle system is a lil plain but with modifications visially it makes the battle system look very pro. what ur after in charlie's system is the amount of possibilities it gives on skills and summons etc.

one question that keeps bothering me. if in my game i use big rips from original games, is it allowed? like doesnt it kinda fringe on copyright ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:20:33 AM by Gezzaman »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Mock-ups of the map area selector window: (Based on ar tonelico)

& The Dungeon Map selector Window: (Based on Dark Cloud 2)

-Eventing them currently-

Rep:
Level 85
just when i tought my mind coudnt be blown away anyymore... ;D
holy cow are they all just evented? :o :o
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
This game is simply amazing... It looks really good! You've clearly been putting a ton of work into this and I can't wait to play the finished product. Basically, this is going to be one damn sexy game.   :D

Rep:
Level 87
just when i tought my mind coudnt be blown away anyymore... ;D
holy cow are they all just evented? :o :o

they're mock ups, meaning they arn't real, only visions put together to show the vision XD

but the first one, as far as I can think about it, won't be possible with events, remeber how I said on rpgm? I've already made everything else for my own game, but the hud... it doesn't feel IMPossible, but it'd be Really tough to make a hud through events, there'll be alot of variables for each stat, and even if it's just Lvl, Hp, Sp, and exp, or less, there'd be alot of checking to display all of that, through pictures no less, that'd be alot of work, figuring out how to display seperat pictures for each number, but again, not IMPOSSIBLe, it's somewhat possible, just will be difficult, probably would be better if you found a scripter or gave up the idea.

the second one is beyond easy to event, but it does look nice, I always did like Dark Cloud's dungeon system, but it always felt WAY to slow with it's ridiculous amounts of rooms.

Rep:
Level 90
but the first one, as far as I can think about it, won't be possible with events, remeber how I said on rpgm? I've already made everything else for my own game, but the hud... it doesn't feel IMPossible, but it'd be Really tough to make a hud through events, there'll be alot of variables for each stat, and even if it's just Lvl, Hp, Sp, and exp, or less, there'd be alot of checking to display all of that, through pictures no less, that'd be alot of work, figuring out how to display seperat pictures for each number, but again, not IMPOSSIBLe, it's somewhat possible, just will be difficult, probably would be better if you found a scripter or gave up the idea.

Actually, it's not hard at all to make an evented HUD if you know the process. Just apply modular coding theory in an evented form and you'll be on the right track. People have been doing it in 2k3 for a while now.

Looking at the location list screen, the only issue with it would be that each character would require their own variables for HP/MP/LV. Then you need a set of variables that you can use to reference the character's HP/MP/LV variables. So I'll assume four variables for HP, four for MP, and then two for level. Multiply ten by your playable cast and you have...probably a lot of variables.

tl;dr it'll be incredibly TEDIOUS, but not hard at all.

Of course it might lag if it's evented, but really. What's the chance of you finding a skilled scripter who will work for free and will not abandon you? Quite low unless you have some serious connections, as I've come to see. [/rant]

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
HUDs are extremely possible through eventing, that's why we have gazillions of them in rpgmaker 2003 :V
It's not that hard just tedious. RMXP has screwy eventing system as well and relies on scripting mostly ~\(O_o)/~