RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Password.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
How do you set it to where they have to input a specific word in the game. I could only find number input.

Example.
CharA walks up to CharB. CharB asks for the password to enter a map. CharA has to type in a certain word to be let in.

How would I go about doing this?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Use \n[X] where X is the ID of a character in the database.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't think thats what he was looking for...

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
If you use Key Input Processing, you could make it that the person needs to push arrow keys in certain directions. You could have pictures showing the directions, but that's a very complicated technique for the newcomer.

If the Enter Hero Name function works, you could have the player be asked to name a random character with no sprite whatsoever, and no current name. Then you could have Conditional Branch check if Hero's Name is the same as the password, and have a series of stuff happen if it's right. This series of events works in both RMXP and Rm2k3, granted the Enter Hero Name works.

Need more detailed?
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Use the input number and have each number represent a phrase.
~Banned~

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
If you use Key Input Processing, you could make it that the person needs to push arrow keys in certain directions. You could have pictures showing the directions, but that's a very complicated technique for the newcomer.

If the Enter Hero Name function works, you could have the player be asked to name a random character with no sprite whatsoever, and no current name. Then you could have Conditional Branch check if Hero's Name is the same as the password, and have a series of stuff happen if it's right. This series of events works in both RMXP and Rm2k3, granted the Enter Hero Name works.

Need more detailed?

I like this one.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
I made a tutorial on how to PROPERLY do this.
~Banned~