RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My Sorry attempt at spriting XD

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ok, I am going to use CCOa's Side View CBS for a game, and wanted to draw my own characters.

here's the result of my work after having worked on it for about 45 minutes.

as you can see, I completely suck at spriting.

anyone see how I can fix it to make it look smoother and more professional?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
steal a side character and edit it,
give me your stuff,yu not going to need them where your going....Disney land!!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm using RMXP and I don't really like the style of 2k3 battlers
(that's the only reason I haven't done that yet ;D)

Rep:
Level 88
Well I'm using her scipt as well, but I am using a different style

I'm not sue on how to improve your one however. I hope you can get some ideas from mine though.
I basically just used the minkoff style and altered it to fit my needs.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I'm using RMXP and I don't really like the style of 2k3 battlers
(that's the only reason I haven't done that yet ;D)

There are heaps of others available. You could edit Minkoff Animated Battlers as well =D

Btw, for your sprite, I'll give it a 7/10, its pretty decent.

~Winged

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks I'm getting better
actually I switched to DVV's because it was easier to use for me.

I think I drew it too small, so I'm gonna try a bigger version.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
your using minkoff if you want i could make you a whole set just post the pic of the guy you want' ill try making it for you. and give me the size in pixel of the character you use
im running out of ideas so i need a few ones ^_^ this would be a good trade making a fan game of suikoden is a bit hard lmao

ideal would be 64 x 64 or 85 x 85 =)
here is a freebie
Spoiler for:

errr just give creds if you ever use him =) his one of my main guy

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
those are cool, you think you could help me learn how to sprite?
I made this yesterday

what can I fix?

Rep:
Level 88
I can't do anything better than that ;8 but Id say, he looks like he is sitting down but standing up.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the shield is kinda in the way I guess eh?

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
those are cool, you think you could help me learn how to sprite?
I made this yesterday

what can I fix?

errr i dont know how to teach sorry. but i think you should sketch your character first then apply it on sprites.. u got the shadow part ri8 but i think you should loose up a bit. use more curves :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I have problems with curves mainly because I'm drawing the stuff too small

I'll post another sometime.