RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Sword(UPDATE, 05/01)(RPGMXP, PK)

Rep:
Level 88

WEBSITE

STORY(Still under development, some has been temporarly removed.)

The year is 954, a war between the people of Tal-Dawm and Angardion has started.  
The sword was once weilded by the god 'Danghasam'.
Along with amazing power, the sword has a crystal forged on the tip of the hilt.
The power the crystal holds is unknown.
Some say the future can be seen inside the crystal, and some say it grants any wish its owner
wants.

HISTORY OF 'TAL-DAWM'

-Halam-Dun - City info

Shops:

-Vaqny's Fine Swords

Vaqny makes the finest swords in the town of Halam-Dun.
Although not cheap, they are among the best ways to spend your hard-earned gold(in Halam-Dun).

CHARACTERS(Still under development, more will be added)
Character images removed until I get better ones.

Spoiler for:
Ghaffar Andreas(Main character)

Bio: Ghaffar Andreas keeps having dreams of a sword -- A sword
that will end the war. However, the sword carries a curse.

Class: Warrior

Thomas Maina

Bio: Thomas is Ghaffars best friend, he goes wherever Ghaffar does.
Class: Archer

Michael Maina

Bio: Micheal is Thomas' brother, although they first met 2 years ago.
Like Ghaffar, their father was killed in the war.
Class: Warrior

Bruce Andreas

Bio: Bruce is Ghaffars' brother. Like Ghaffar, Bruce has dreams of the sword.
Class: Lancer

FEATURES(There will be more features by release)
~ Means feature may not be in the finished game.
- Means it will be in the finished game.

- A big highly detailed world.
- Over 100 NPC's with lots of dialogue options.
- Advanced Message system by Slipknot.
- Guilds/factions
- Lots of side quests
~ Buying/selling houses
~ Ability to pick which hero you want to come with you

SCREENSHOTS(Maps could change at any time. These are not finale.)

CREDITS

Slipknot:
-Advanced Message System

Constance:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,763.0.html

Resources from:
http://lrpgm.com/site/index.php

STATUS

Release: TBA

Progress: 5%

Working on: The town of 'Halam-Dun'

DEMO
Demo temporarly removed. Check back in 2-4 months.

LOOKING FOR:
Demo testers.
-
-
-

UPDATES

-04/17/07

I just started on the World Map yesterday. I'm using The Inquisitor's(www.rpg-palace.com) World Map tileset.
Expect the map to be big. And detailed.

I plan to have ships that will transport you to and from the 10+ ports. There will also be horses, teleportation mages, and more.
You may still traverse the world by walking through the seperate maps. It will take longer(obviously).

There will be 2-5 different region types(snow, plains, forest, deserts ect).
Tons of small tropical islands dot the vast ocean.

-05/01/07

This month some major changes will happen.

First of all, there's a chance I'll cancel the project on RMRK, and move it to forums with more focus on RPG Maker then being a chatroom for a bunch of unfunny MySpace whores.

I'll most likely keep it here, though.

Second, I'm going to change the name.

And thirdly, I'm going to completly change the story(and gameplay). I'm not likeing where it's going, and it's to cliched.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 02:26:41 AM by Morrowind »

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 88
Demo got messed up.

Fix'd.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Not bad...not the best. Sounds good, but most is under development, so when you estabalish more of a base in all aspects, then you will find more people comment, ect.

I might get the demo later.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
looks good, will d/l demo soon; about to go out.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
error: title screen file is missing in directory.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
error: title screen file is missing in directory.

Try it now.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 88
Uploaded more screenshots.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You're pretty good at mapping, dude. How long have you been doing it for?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks everyone for the replies.

And I started this about 2-3 weeks ago, Zypher.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:09:48 PM by Morrowind »

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Well, you're doing a nice job. Your interior maps leave a lot to be desired, they're just kind of too open and you emphasize too much on the edges. Your exterior maps are beautiful though, you fill the space so well. However, there are a few problems, namely overlapping.

The two trees to the right of this one aren't done correctly. The tree that should be behind the other one is in fact in front of it. You have to be careful with that, as it tends to look pretty bad, especially when done excessively. Overall good job though, hope to see you improve because you have great potential.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, you're doing a nice job. Your interior maps leave a lot to be desired, they're just kind of too open and you emphasize too much on the edges. Your exterior maps are beautiful though, you fill the space so well. However, there are a few problems, namely overlapping.

The two trees to the right of this one aren't done correctly. The tree that should be behind the other one is in fact in front of it. You have to be careful with that, as it tends to look pretty bad, especially when done excessively. Overall good job though, hope to see you improve because you have great potential.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix those trees and the interior maps.

Click the pic!

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90

Also the bridge thing is over the tree >.<

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, the only probleme is your layering. If your switching from a previous maker like I did it can be hard at first.

Rep:
Level 88

Click the pic!

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
downloaded way to many glitches, I cant really tell you waht is was like, becuase I spent a half hour trying tto get past the glitches, and I couldent so, ya work on that...
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 88
downloaded way to many glitches, I cant really tell you waht is was like, becuase I spent a half hour trying tto get past the glitches, and I couldent so, ya work on that...

What kind of glitches?

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 88
More screens comming.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 88

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 88
Updateing thread.

Click the pic!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
fix your demo.

No one can play it, you did not include the tilesets you used in the game files.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Try it now.

Click the pic!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Morrowind, from what these users are saying you have too many errors, gliches, and problemes. Make sure the demo works correctly before you create the demo. This is just some advice.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Morrowind, from what these users are saying you have too many errors, gliches, and problemes. Make sure the demo works correctly before you create the demo. This is just some advice.

This is retarded for two reasons:

1. How can you test something before you create it?

2. That's the whole fucking point of putting it here, so people can point out what bugs are in the game. Someone needs to put a defibrillator to your head.

Rep:
Level 88

Click the pic!