RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NetPlay what?

Rep:
Level 88
Professional Chocobo Hunter
I want to make an MMO. I mean honestly, who doesnt?

Now please forgive me, I have tried using the search menu on this site and the Netplay site but im still at a loss.

How does it work, what do I have to do to install it, do I need my own personal server, what scripts are required, etc. etc.

Again, Im sorry for posting this but the search feature still left me at a loss.
Crystal Collection - On hold.

FF:Dark Symphony - 12%
Demo: May 10th, 2007

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Apart from there are ton of installation stickies on the N+ site, this month (we hope) a new version of N+ will see the light. Either way, you can find the whole package here:

http://www.netplayplus.solarsoft.nl

You need:
Server
Client (has scipts)

Me™
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
Arghh, a server. The one thing I dont have. Oh well....

/em goes and mopes in the corner.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
How else would you host your game :S. But you can use your own computer as server, everything is on the N+ forums  :lol:
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
Oh ok then. Ill have to try that.

I thought that netplay was a server where you could host your games. For a fee of course. But ill look into using my comp as one.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
A member, Synthenize, offers HIS quasi-dedicated server for N+ games that have proven to be okay.
ALL HAIL ME™