RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make a decent recruitment topic.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I can't believe one such topic haven't been made yet.
Until someone makes a good topic about this with fancy examples and stuff you can at least try read my tips.
They may help writing a better topic. A better topic = more or better people recruited.

The purpose of a recruitment topic is naturally to recruit people.
So, try to make the topic more interesting.
Try making a basic structure where you have:
  • A header explaining the purpose of the topic in few words. (i.e. FuRPG Recruitment) The size of the font is the bigger than normal.
  • A basic description
  • Which positions you are recruiting for
  • A section for each position explaining the function of the position
  • Some appetizers and some final notes perhaps. If you have some previous successful projects you could use them to show off.
This will help making the topic more interesting and make it look a bit professional. Making it look professional seems to help.
You should know that the basic structure I have given you is nowhere the only one and others may be better.
Just put some effort into writing the topic. Well… Let the topic shine with effort.
Oh, and a technicality. Remember to update your first post with relevant information giving in later posts.

- Zeriab

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
It hasn't been made yet? Good job, Z! *stickies*
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nice work! lol, I just went around posting this:
5 tips on getting a team

1. Get well known on the forum
2. Try to do alot of stuff on your own, the less you ask for the more people will relaize you can on your own
3. Post a game on this fourm, even if its just a basic idea, showing people you have something planned will help.
4. Help others, and help will come back to you
5. If you can't get everything ask for the major things only.

but this shall save me time  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
Sweet thanks for the format, i'm sure this'll help me on my game.  ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
Umm piez
TIP

seriously people get a life if your not serious don't ask

EDIT:

If you are making a recruitment topic, please don't make one unless you are serious about asking for help. Please check them every once in a while to let people know whether you are still looking for help or found help and don't need anymore

Is that better?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:07:13 AM by TNBProductions »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
TIP

This thread was made in 2007.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
TIP

seriously people get a life if your not serious don't ask

You have a valid point that could actually be a very useful tip, but you waste it by using one sentence full of juvenile emotion, and devoid of intelligence or grammar. If you rewrite it properly, it could actually be a useful contribution.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It was also a MASSIVE NECRO.

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
Umm piez
I edited it please tell me if you think it's a good/useful tip now.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It was one in the first place, but it'd pretty much already been established and it was a massive necropost. :|

Rep: +0/-0Level 25
RMRK Junior
just helped me :D thanks