RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Amarica, why do you destroy good anime?

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
lol hello :P i have a topic in the welcome section, so i dunno if you've checked that out. maybe im like against anime is cause of a bad friendship. like i dunno why, but i almost hate anime. its weird. so im kinda venting my frustration about it too :P lol

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
lol hello :P i have a topic in the welcome section, so i dunno if you've checked that out. maybe im like against anime is cause of a bad friendship. like i dunno why, but i almost hate anime. its weird. so im kinda venting my frustration about it too :P lol
Technically, you should be saying all anime is bad, whether its ruined or not.

I also think its ridiculous, but I just ignore Cartoon Network and go download japanese anime.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But not all translated stuff is ruined.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
True.

Adult Swim has some very good dubs, and Bleach I think is better in English.

Note: By Cartoon Network in the previous post, I was not refering to Adult Swim.

Rep:
Level 88
They don't destroy anime.

They make it "kid friendly".

A lot of anime is dubbed now awadays in english. And it is put on popular channels that kids watch.

Cartoon Network *cough*.

If they are making something for the kids of course blood and cussing is going to be edited out. The worst part is just the usual bad voice actors. Which doesn't really matter because kids can't tell the difference between a good and bad voice. Hell most kids think Cartoon Network produces everything it shows.

Seriously, my brother the other day was all like "CARTOON NETWORK MAKES TAH BEST SHOW LIKE YUGIOH AND POKEMON I LOVE IT".

Meh... it doesn't really bother me. If I don't like a dub i'll just go download the subbed version.

edit: In fact, I think teh Bleach Dub is BETTER in english. Although it doesn't really count as Cartoon Network seeing as how it's Adult Swim >.>

But I mean Ishada's voice is so much better. he actually sounds evil instead of all nerdy like.

Lol, and I just realized that voice actor all did the voice for Ken on Digimon xp

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
But not all translated stuff is ruined.

Golden Boy. Voice actor was so much better.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Bleach's English counterpart is good, yes, but I don't think it's better at all.

I mean, in the japanese version, there's a part where Rukia steps on that bear thing, and there's an arrow indicating that the bear has a clear view of her unmentionables, and the bear says "NICE VIEW" or something like that.

In the english version, this hilarious scene is completely altered to downplay the hilarious voyeurism and the NICE VIEW joke is COMPLETELY left out, changed to some pointless and unnecessary line about his name or something stupid like that.

Also, Yuzu's character isn't quite right in the English version. I don't remember her ever calling Ichigo names in the Japanese version, but she calls him an idiot in the English version. It's just not right for her character.

And Tatsuki is waaaaaaaayyyy too dramatic about her lines. When she should be speaking with a bit of sadness or pity, she makes it sound foreboding and evil. She doesn't get the emotions right at all.

This is all in one episode, by the way.

boo for changing scripts and for english voice actors not understanding scenes/their own characters.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 08:40:04 PM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I concur. Not only do they change (and usually downplay/ruin) voices, but they change the scripts, leaving jokes and even important things out, or changing them.

Rep:
Level 96
And yet a few posts ago you said Bleach was better in English.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
No, I meant that I concur for most Animes. Never did I say in my second post that I agreed specifically with his opinion on Bleach itself. They do that for alot of imported anime.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
American made "anime" It makes me cry, it's even worse then badly translated anime.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ive never seen any American made anime.

I think you are dillusional.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Ive never seen any American made anime.

I think you are dillusional.

Yeah, that may be it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Beyblades.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I see.

*shudder*

Worse than pokemon...

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Teen Titans.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I hate teen Titans...

Rep:
Level 96
I actually kinda like Teen Titans. =\

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When I read that arlen, I died inside just a little.

Rep:
Level 96
In that case, I don't really care for Highlander all that much either.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When I read that arlen, I died inside just a little.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Basically he's trying to kill you slowly.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But, I'm a Highlander.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
All men have weaknesses.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You know that mine is being beheaded. BECAUSE I AM A HIGHLANDER!