RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Amarica, why do you destroy good anime?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Stuff with cute little girls and giant robots, yeah!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Super giant robot bunny!

SUUPAAHH GAIANTO ROBOTO BUNNIIII!!!~~

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
America does ruin a lot of anime, but...I liked beyblade, pokemon, digimon...since they were the first Anime I ever watched. So they got me into it, and I had never seen or even heard of the originals, I didn't even know they came from comics at the time.

Then...then I was enlightened. Naruto came out! Yay...now if I ever see the Japanese version I just hate the american version, it's rubbish.

I have yet to see the English translate an animé yet though...
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
No guestion about it. American translated anime sucks!

Rep:
Level 96
Something else that annoys me is America changing the intro songs/videos for animes.

The 4th season opening for Full Metal Alchemist was altered for the English version. It added unnecessary shots, mixed some segments around, and changed the music a little bit. THEY DIDNT CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE INTRO VIDEO.

Effectively, all they did was make the intro video suck because now the chorus doesn't match the awesome part where Al and Ed jump off that cliff into the water when they're fighting Lust and Gluttony.

Seriously, wtf?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
America Is the source of all Evil...<_< it wants to Ruin good animes, since they think they're like "gods" those companies.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Now I wat to watch some damn anime.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
SOME American translations are alright, I didn't mind "Comic Party", though I did think the voices were really different when I switched to the Japanese Audio (Japanese ones were better) and Love Hina was alright as well. But one thing is for sure, Naruto in Japanese is way better (believe it? What the hell and a granny plays him)

~Winged

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
On a related note, I love Comic Party!!

Rep:
Level 96
Love Hina's dub annoyed me so much because they absolutely butchered Shinobu's character.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
For some reason, I can't download Comic Party's intro theme, only Comic Party Revolution which is entirely different.

As for Shinobu, I thought that voice was perfect for the shy type like her unless the Japanese one was better which I haven't seen/listened to.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 96
In the japanese version, she was nervous, you could tell when she was frazzled, and was very soft-spoken.

In the english version, she just had a high-pitched voice, and that's all. She didn't really convey the character well, I thought. I mean, yeah, the voice is supposed to be high but it's also supposed to be soft and shy, and a little whiney.

That's my opinion, anyway, but I've come to the conclusion that I may enjoy the japanese voices better because I don't understand it enough to find acting faults in it. :D

Fuck mandarines, I'm the real thing.
Rep:
Level 88
0_0
In the japanese version, she was nervous, you could tell when she was frazzled, and was very soft-spoken.

In the english version, she just had a high-pitched voice, and that's all. She didn't really convey the character well, I thought. I mean, yeah, the voice is supposed to be high but it's also supposed to be soft and shy, and a little whiney.

That's my opinion, anyway, but I've come to the conclusion that I may enjoy the japanese voices better because I don't understand it enough to find acting faults in it. :D

AMEN!
Seriously, not only are these animes butchered, the dreaded ANIME GROUPIES follow too.
I mean it. It annoys me to no end when the people who don't get out of Cartoon Network wear Inuyasha sweaters and Bleach bags and Fullmetal Alchemist shoes (yes there are SHOES. WHY!?!)and try to act like comical or dark anime characters. And they draw badly and are conceited about it.

I hope that D.Gray Man doesn't make it onto Cartoon Network...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

I Agree with you >=o. I had to switch inmediatelly to the Japanese...In some ways, it didn't fit well, and the Dialogue was Changed a lot in love Hina.

I won't say anymore...

AMEN!
Seriously, not only are these animes butchered, the dreaded ANIME GROUPIES follow too.
I mean it. It annoys me to no end when the people who don't get out of Cartoon Network wear Inuyasha sweaters and Bleach bags and Fullmetal Alchemist shoes (yes there are SHOES. WHY!?!)and try to act like comical or dark anime characters. And they draw badly and are conceited about it.

I hope that D.Gray Man doesn't make it onto Cartoon Network...
Wannabe Otakus....(did I spell that Right?) I do hate e'mm a lot, they don't know what they're missing, they don't even know what other good Animes are out there, seriously, They get like..."WTF? This One Is WAYYYY MORE COOLER THAN INUYASHA?! I WANT MOAR". Sometimes I regret showing the new stuff to them =/