RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Amarica, why do you destroy good anime?

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Ask and ye shall recieve.

Ok then, do you like Naruto? And if so which do you like better, the American or Japanese version?

American version? I think sucks. They take a lot out of the original. Kind of like the KJV of the Bible. It was translated by ONE man, who made a few (well... more than a few) errors in translating the original texts. As small as these differences seem, they make a huge difference.

Original version? Rock on. It's the real stuff, America always fluffs stuff out. The real stuff is what gets you, just like the testimony of a man who suffered many tortures due to his preaching will get to your heart more than a man who mearly mentions them though has never experienced them.

I'm sorry for my snappy comment, but you have to realize when you face oposition like that every day and they choose to ignore you, it's get's pretty freaking annoying.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
OK, I just wanted to see what people thought of the point of America hacking good ANIME to death to fit what we see as  morally correct. My first example (and I would like for you to join in) is Naruto. In the American version, he says "BELIEVE IT" but, In the Japanese version this is not so. Instead he scream  "DAMN IT". Why did they change this? Because they wanted it to be right for kids.

Others, that were good MANGAs but were hacked and raped when turned to ANIME.

One piece- didn't really read this one, but the ANIME made me want to jump out a window.
Rave master- In the MANGA the main character had a nightmare where his mom slit her wrist and asked him to drink the blood, in the ANIME, she melted into a puddle of water...

And many more.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
lol >.<

Tried to merge, but didn't quite work out. >_>

BOE's post should be first, then Tsuno's second.
:tinysmile:

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
If I don't want to read subtitles, Americanized anime is fine.

EDIT: I am rarely too lazy to read subtitles. I like Japanese Naruto, hate the American version (same applies to plenty of others, but Naruto is the best example)- what I'm talking about is something like Spirited Away where the English version isn't totally retarded.

EDIT2: GUH AND .HACK. I liked the Japanese version and haaaaaaated the english version.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:40:54 AM by Djangonator »
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I fully endorse what this thread is about.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:42:33 AM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If I don't want to read subtitles, Americanized anime is fine.

EDIT: I am rarely too lazy to read subtitles. I like Japanese Naruto, hate the American version (same applies to plenty of others, but Naruto is the best example)- what I'm talking about is something like Spirited Away where the English version isn't totally retarded.

Spirited away was the only good one, I heard that they worked really hard not to change any of the words.

CLICK HERE!!
TO watch a different episode, typ in Naruto full episode "X"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:42:47 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
FLCL's english dub was also fantastic.

Rep:
Level 96
I loved Fooly Cooly (FLCL), my favorite anime ever!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Ya, I liked that one. Cowboy bebop's wasn't that bad, either (in my opinion).

Rep:
Level 96
One of my biggest beefs with english dubs is the recycled voices. The guy who did spike is, like, in a ton of other english dubs, and I think it really kinda ruins the character.

But on the other hand, I often wonder if it's the same in the japanese version, and I just don't notice because my ears aren't as sensitive to a language I don't understand.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'll prefer an english dub over a jap one if there is one.

I have the chobits anime on DVD, and I watched it on english. I'm looking forward to the US Ergo Proxy when it's released too.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
well it depends on what company does the translation on how bad the destruction of the anime is going to be.  4kids will always destroy the anime (poor One Piece) but it's not always necessarily true.  And I don't think the Naruto dub is that bad, if you can stand a few "Believe It"'s here and there.  They made a few bad voice actor choices too, but all and all not too bad.  Japanese version is still better.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 96
well it depends on what company does the translation on how bad the destruction of the anime is going to be.  4kids will always destroy the anime (poor One Piece) but it's not always necessarily true.  And I don't think the Naruto dub is that bad, if you can stand a few "Believe It"'s here and there.  They made a few bad voice actor choices too, but all and all not too bad.  Japanese version is still better.
I was actually impressed with how well they nailed the english voice for Hinata, because usually they NEVER, EVER get the soft spoken, quiet, high-pitched female voice right in the english versions. And even Naruto's english voice sort of sounds like the japanese counterpart.

But still, they butchered the dialogues.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
They made a few bad voice actor choices too, but all and all not too bad.

Sakura's voice (English) makes me sick, but that may just be because I already don't like that character.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
so true yossy

http://killthemongoose.satamsonic.com/onepiece/

fortunately, one piece was dropped by 4kids.  hurrah.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I don't follow anime, especially not what's on TV, and I have no idea what "One Piece" is, but I'm just going to smile and nod.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I've been there, it's HILLARIOUS. It's a real shame how elitist people like 4kids are. "Oh WE can handle this, WE can watch stuff like bugs bunny, but YOU can't. We base this one nothing, but you just can't."

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Well, they make it mainstream, for cash money.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
This is prolly going to sound like blatpheny to most of you, but I hate Naruto in general.

Also, since I hate that damend show I won't mention it again.

Okay people, ADV pissed me off when they got the Liscence to Slayers (OAVs and the Movies, to my knowledge Software sculptors still has the rights to all three seasons of the tv series). A prime exaple of ADV ruining Slayers was Slayers : TMP. First, they mistranslated Naga's name, and spelled it Nahga. Fuck, that's just assinine. Messing up a characters name is usually annoying, but considering Naga has a lead role this is plain insulting. Second, most of the jokes were changed  and some (Goldfish Feces) were completely removed. WTF? Slayers is a damned spoof of Dungeons and Dragons, it HAS to be funny or the whole idea behind the series is ruined. It's not meant to have a dramatic and compelling plot, because it's a fucking SPOOF!

Also one of the OAVs, i can't remeber which, they took out some damned nudity. The nudity lasted only thirty seconds or so, plus it was meant to more funny than sexual. Also later in the OAV there were jokes about it, but damn because the nudity was removed, some jokes got changed AGAIN.

Also this was plain bullshit. They replaced Lisa Ortiz as Lina's VA because they thought she asked for too much money. They replaced her with Cynthia Martinez, who by the way sucks sour frog ass as a VA, she made lina sound sweet and Virginal..... Which contradicts that character completely. Lina is a greedy, selfish, angry asshole.

The only thing I agreed with ADV  on was that they had Kelly Manison as Naga's VA. Which went perfect with the fact Naga is a stupid whore, because well Kelly Manison sounds like a stupid whore.

Oh yeah, they messed up Roudy's name too. His sure name was Gabriev not Gabriel. I hate you ADV....

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
It's cool Fu, I hate naruto too.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I wondered where my post went.

xD

Anywho, I have to agree that, as I said before, America tends to "fluff out" a lot of things.

However, there are rare conditions in which they actually do a good job translating.

For example, Bleach. While they removed all of the gorey parts (come on, it's on Adult Swim, what's the point?!?), they also translated some other things more acurately.

I've always like the term "Soul Reaper" better than "Death God", and "Zanpaku-to" sounds better than "Soul Slayer". You know?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
So slayers is a funny show? I guess I should watch. By the way, what is Sorceress Hunters? I was on the bus the other day and this one kid wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP about it.

Rep:
Level 96
Love hina is awesome!

Go to www.youtube.com and in the top right typ in Love hina full episode 1. That is a crazy funny weird anime...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:30:24 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
The english dub is deplorable, and is a prime example of what I was talking about. You know, how they never get the soft spoken, quiet, high-pitched female voice right. There is an entire universe of difference between the English Shinobu and the Japanese Shinobu, and it makes me cry somewhat manly-ly.

Great series, though, yeah. One of the first comedy animes to actually make me laugh out loud.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
So slayers is a funny show? I guess I should watch. By the way, what is Sorceress Hunters? I was on the bus the other day and this one kid wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP about it.

It's like Slayers.... But not as good.

Rep:
Level 96
ANOTHER question. I have only seen the dub, but it looked fucking HILARIOUS. Where do I find Golden Boy? Torrents seem to take forever, and youtube only has clips and *shudder* amvs. What's a faster way to get it? (Getting the torrent now just in case)

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'd never watch anime on youtube, but I suppose it gives you nigh instant access whenever you want it. Torrents are likely to get you better quality video, if you care about that kinda thing.

Rep:
Level 96
Torrents are definitely the way to go.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
By the way, does any one know where I can get Torrents to DL the whole first season of slayers?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I imagine this would be pretty good, so long as you have a torrent client that allows you to select which files you want to dl.

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/502402/Slayers_Everything_TV_Series_OVAs_Movies_ATC_Dual_Audio

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
This is gonna be huge, but worth it. I'm ignoring the Lost Universe stuff, its a pretty bad spin off.

Rep:
Level 96

yossy you Said that you don't know what one piece is. LOL

that is the main charater from one piece.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I've seen one peice a few times and I couldn't gte into it.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92

yossy you Said that you don't know what one piece is. LOL

that is the main charater from one piece.
Oh okay. XD  I just found that on VGCats, and assumed that it was probably one of many of the generic/popular anime characters that I do not know of.  He coulda used Naruto and I wouldn'tve recognized it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yossy if you haven't seen one piece, you aren't missing much.

I agree, the americans do destroy good anime, take for instants the new Pokemon Movie, Ash sounds like a 23 year old, according to YouTubes Trailors of it

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I agree, the americans do destroy good anime, take for instants the new Pokemon Movie, Ash sounds like a 23 year old, according to YouTubes Trailors of it

He should be around 28ish if time progressed like it should in the show.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
4Kids is the worst company since sliced bread, they hacked One piece to hell, and made it to worst show, I have even seen.

If you haven't fallowed and read the stuff in the link Dew put up, then I'll tell you here.

Japan    -    America
---------------------
beer     - they changed beer, (and wine) to "juice"
guns     - they replaced all the guns with toys, like squirt guns
Smoking  - it they smoke it was changed to them eating a sucker...
japan    - this is the strangest, I guess they thought people would find japan offensive, because they took out everything that had to do with japan. So if it was a Japaneses food it was turned into something American.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Ramen becomes SPAGHETTIOS!

NOt really, but I would expect as much.

Rep:
Level 96
Come on, guys, we all know kids can't handle the thought of different countries having different cultures.

We are still in World War II, after all.

::)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I LAWL'd.

Any ways, I'm wondering if any one saw the re-release od Fist of The North Star that came out a couple years ago? I actually thought it was done well, since they put deleted scenes back in and what not.

Rep:
Level 96
That show makes me LAUGH.

Did you see that one movie, that had the old guy in the red armor? He looked like a grandpa Jesus?

Well, the part where he gets punched through the wall is AWESOME. That big guy gets his voice all high-pitched and he's all like "YATATATATATATATATATATATA!" and then he punches him through the wall and all Grandpa Jesus can say "WooHOOOOOOOOAH!" And he explodes in mid-air. It's like he wasn't screaming in pain or anything, but he was actually like "WOAH, GNARLY POKEAGE!"

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
That show isn't a comedy.... 0.o

Rep:
Level 96
If you want a comedy, you should watch School Rumble, because OH MY GOD it has to be one of the funniest and most well-rounded animes I've ever seen in my life.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
lol you guys know too many anime shows. you almost lost me at... well i duno. but i think if u guys really hate watching english dubs then just download them and deal. no use complaining about it because they turn it into kids shows for kids, not mature peoples

Rep:
Level 96
It's defilement of a form of art. It bothers people that care about things. Try to understand.

Rep:
Level 96
lol you guys know too many anime shows. you almost lost me at... well i duno. but i think if u guys really hate watching english dubs then just download them and deal. no use complaining about it because they turn it into kids shows for kids, not mature peoples

What they do to anime is like somebody walking into an art gallery and drawing on a painting then saying "It's better that way" or "I blacked out the boobies, so now it's kid friendly".
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
oh well. im just saying that its like moving to a country and complaining about how it sucks there. i understand that yeah it is an artform n stuff, but like you complain about it like there isnt other options.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It'ds not complaining at all, its venting frustration.

And becaus no one else has said it to my knowledge, welcome back Christina.

Rep:
Level 88
lol hello :P i have a topic in the welcome section, so i dunno if you've checked that out. maybe im like against anime is cause of a bad friendship. like i dunno why, but i almost hate anime. its weird. so im kinda venting my frustration about it too :P lol

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
lol hello :P i have a topic in the welcome section, so i dunno if you've checked that out. maybe im like against anime is cause of a bad friendship. like i dunno why, but i almost hate anime. its weird. so im kinda venting my frustration about it too :P lol
Technically, you should be saying all anime is bad, whether its ruined or not.

I also think its ridiculous, but I just ignore Cartoon Network and go download japanese anime.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But not all translated stuff is ruined.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
True.

Adult Swim has some very good dubs, and Bleach I think is better in English.

Note: By Cartoon Network in the previous post, I was not refering to Adult Swim.

Rep:
Level 88
They don't destroy anime.

They make it "kid friendly".

A lot of anime is dubbed now awadays in english. And it is put on popular channels that kids watch.

Cartoon Network *cough*.

If they are making something for the kids of course blood and cussing is going to be edited out. The worst part is just the usual bad voice actors. Which doesn't really matter because kids can't tell the difference between a good and bad voice. Hell most kids think Cartoon Network produces everything it shows.

Seriously, my brother the other day was all like "CARTOON NETWORK MAKES TAH BEST SHOW LIKE YUGIOH AND POKEMON I LOVE IT".

Meh... it doesn't really bother me. If I don't like a dub i'll just go download the subbed version.

edit: In fact, I think teh Bleach Dub is BETTER in english. Although it doesn't really count as Cartoon Network seeing as how it's Adult Swim >.>

But I mean Ishada's voice is so much better. he actually sounds evil instead of all nerdy like.

Lol, and I just realized that voice actor all did the voice for Ken on Digimon xp

Rep:
Level 96
But not all translated stuff is ruined.

Golden Boy. Voice actor was so much better.

Rep:
Level 96
Bleach's English counterpart is good, yes, but I don't think it's better at all.

I mean, in the japanese version, there's a part where Rukia steps on that bear thing, and there's an arrow indicating that the bear has a clear view of her unmentionables, and the bear says "NICE VIEW" or something like that.

In the english version, this hilarious scene is completely altered to downplay the hilarious voyeurism and the NICE VIEW joke is COMPLETELY left out, changed to some pointless and unnecessary line about his name or something stupid like that.

Also, Yuzu's character isn't quite right in the English version. I don't remember her ever calling Ichigo names in the Japanese version, but she calls him an idiot in the English version. It's just not right for her character.

And Tatsuki is waaaaaaaayyyy too dramatic about her lines. When she should be speaking with a bit of sadness or pity, she makes it sound foreboding and evil. She doesn't get the emotions right at all.

This is all in one episode, by the way.

boo for changing scripts and for english voice actors not understanding scenes/their own characters.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 08:40:04 PM by arlenreyb »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I concur. Not only do they change (and usually downplay/ruin) voices, but they change the scripts, leaving jokes and even important things out, or changing them.

Rep:
Level 96
And yet a few posts ago you said Bleach was better in English.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
No, I meant that I concur for most Animes. Never did I say in my second post that I agreed specifically with his opinion on Bleach itself. They do that for alot of imported anime.

Rep:
Level 96
American made "anime" It makes me cry, it's even worse then badly translated anime.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ive never seen any American made anime.

I think you are dillusional.

Rep:
Level 96
Ive never seen any American made anime.

I think you are dillusional.

Yeah, that may be it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Beyblades.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I see.

*shudder*

Worse than pokemon...

Rep:
Level 96
Teen Titans.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I hate teen Titans...

Rep:
Level 96
I actually kinda like Teen Titans. =\

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When I read that arlen, I died inside just a little.

Rep:
Level 96
In that case, I don't really care for Highlander all that much either.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When I read that arlen, I died inside just a little.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Basically he's trying to kill you slowly.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But, I'm a Highlander.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
All men have weaknesses.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You know that mine is being beheaded. BECAUSE I AM A HIGHLANDER!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Sometimes beheading, especially across the internet, is more trouble than it's worth.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
So aparently I'm going to stick around for another 1000 years then?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Teen titans.

Meh. Its like a retarded baby of some fucked up anime and Justice League.

Rep:
Level 96
I enjoy Teen Titans especially when they make fun of anime and sci-fi culture.

Rep:
Level 96
Control freak is a great character.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Some of the villains are alright i guess. I sorta like the one who is all virtual an' stuff.

Rep:
Level 96
I love Raven. ....... =\

Especially when her hair was long for, like, 3 minutes of that one episode.

Some of the filler episodes are weird, but the larger sagas the show does are actually pretty damn sweet.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Hm...I suppose.

Robin is way to moody though. I mean...come on man. If you get to be the "torn" character, why dont you get some freaking pants or something?

Rep:
Level 96
Agreed. Robin's a douchebag.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I thought he was constantly having his man period... o.0

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
No, its just that Slaid or whatever gave him herpes, so he is trying to get him back.

...not funny?

Eh, couldnt think of anything bettar.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Uh, wait what?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
er...

nothing, nevermind.
Also...whats up with beast boy? Why is he GREEN?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yes I think so.

Rep:
Level 96
Really, though, it's all Canada's fault.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What isn't Canada's fault?

Hmmm Zach and Christina will probably kill me now.

Rep:
Level 96
It's Canada's fault because that's where they record the english dubs, with their horrible english voices.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
OIC! Also, do you know where my monocle went to?

Rep:
Level 96
Thor was using it to pick up chicks last night.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Ah yes, Thor is most wise like that.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
aw. I wish I had a monocle!

><

er...anyways. I am pleased to say my life hasnt been worsened by any amarican anime lately.

Rep:
Level 96
They need to have a person from the company that makes the animes come to america and learn english then translate the anime, so that it is a perfect translation.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
I don't think that's the biggest problem. Japanese is a difficult language, yes, but it's not like only the pros can translate it correctly. I mean, fan sub groups do an amazing job, and usually they consist of guys my age that know the language and have some free time.

I think I better idea would be forcing the voice actors to watch the series, or at least the episode their dubbing, subtitled with the Japanese voices BEFORE they go and record their parts. Or make them learn some rudimentary Japanese, so they understand inflexions and tones of voice and how it effects speech in Japanese.

And get people that can speak normally, and not cartoon-like. A lot of voices in anime are just normal speaking voices, but then English voiceactors come along and they think they have to over-act and speak like retards.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Alot of voices in anime are also totally fake and cartoony. It depends on what you're watching.

Rep:
Level 96
Obviously. But a majority of the anime I watch has people speaking normally in it. I do'nt know what the hell you watch. >_>

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Stuff with cute little girls and giant robots, yeah!

Rep:
Level 96
Super giant robot bunny!

SUUPAAHH GAIANTO ROBOTO BUNNIIII!!!~~

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
America does ruin a lot of anime, but...I liked beyblade, pokemon, digimon...since they were the first Anime I ever watched. So they got me into it, and I had never seen or even heard of the originals, I didn't even know they came from comics at the time.

Then...then I was enlightened. Naruto came out! Yay...now if I ever see the Japanese version I just hate the american version, it's rubbish.

I have yet to see the English translate an animé yet though...
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
No guestion about it. American translated anime sucks!

Rep:
Level 96
Something else that annoys me is America changing the intro songs/videos for animes.

The 4th season opening for Full Metal Alchemist was altered for the English version. It added unnecessary shots, mixed some segments around, and changed the music a little bit. THEY DIDNT CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE INTRO VIDEO.

Effectively, all they did was make the intro video suck because now the chorus doesn't match the awesome part where Al and Ed jump off that cliff into the water when they're fighting Lust and Gluttony.

Seriously, wtf?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
America Is the source of all Evil...<_< it wants to Ruin good animes, since they think they're like "gods" those companies.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Now I wat to watch some damn anime.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
SOME American translations are alright, I didn't mind "Comic Party", though I did think the voices were really different when I switched to the Japanese Audio (Japanese ones were better) and Love Hina was alright as well. But one thing is for sure, Naruto in Japanese is way better (believe it? What the hell and a granny plays him)

~Winged

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
On a related note, I love Comic Party!!

Rep:
Level 96
Love Hina's dub annoyed me so much because they absolutely butchered Shinobu's character.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
For some reason, I can't download Comic Party's intro theme, only Comic Party Revolution which is entirely different.

As for Shinobu, I thought that voice was perfect for the shy type like her unless the Japanese one was better which I haven't seen/listened to.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 96
In the japanese version, she was nervous, you could tell when she was frazzled, and was very soft-spoken.

In the english version, she just had a high-pitched voice, and that's all. She didn't really convey the character well, I thought. I mean, yeah, the voice is supposed to be high but it's also supposed to be soft and shy, and a little whiney.

That's my opinion, anyway, but I've come to the conclusion that I may enjoy the japanese voices better because I don't understand it enough to find acting faults in it. :D

Fuck mandarines, I'm the real thing.
Rep:
Level 88
0_0
In the japanese version, she was nervous, you could tell when she was frazzled, and was very soft-spoken.

In the english version, she just had a high-pitched voice, and that's all. She didn't really convey the character well, I thought. I mean, yeah, the voice is supposed to be high but it's also supposed to be soft and shy, and a little whiney.

That's my opinion, anyway, but I've come to the conclusion that I may enjoy the japanese voices better because I don't understand it enough to find acting faults in it. :D

AMEN!
Seriously, not only are these animes butchered, the dreaded ANIME GROUPIES follow too.
I mean it. It annoys me to no end when the people who don't get out of Cartoon Network wear Inuyasha sweaters and Bleach bags and Fullmetal Alchemist shoes (yes there are SHOES. WHY!?!)and try to act like comical or dark anime characters. And they draw badly and are conceited about it.

I hope that D.Gray Man doesn't make it onto Cartoon Network...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

I Agree with you >=o. I had to switch inmediatelly to the Japanese...In some ways, it didn't fit well, and the Dialogue was Changed a lot in love Hina.

I won't say anymore...

AMEN!
Seriously, not only are these animes butchered, the dreaded ANIME GROUPIES follow too.
I mean it. It annoys me to no end when the people who don't get out of Cartoon Network wear Inuyasha sweaters and Bleach bags and Fullmetal Alchemist shoes (yes there are SHOES. WHY!?!)and try to act like comical or dark anime characters. And they draw badly and are conceited about it.

I hope that D.Gray Man doesn't make it onto Cartoon Network...
Wannabe Otakus....(did I spell that Right?) I do hate e'mm a lot, they don't know what they're missing, they don't even know what other good Animes are out there, seriously, They get like..."WTF? This One Is WAYYYY MORE COOLER THAN INUYASHA?! I WANT MOAR". Sometimes I regret showing the new stuff to them =/