RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
AG- Werewolf System

Rep:
Level 88
Professional Chocobo Hunter
So you want your character to be a werewolf eh? Thats cool. Who doesn't want razor sharp claws, hair covering their body and their breath smelling like infants? If thats what floats your boat, go for it. Here is the hows on what to do.

First you need to have a day and night system. See my Day and Night guide on how to set it up.

(Note: This werewolf system will only work with my day and night system.)

First create a werewolf hero. The one that your main hero will change into. This includes skills, class, etc. etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have my day and night system set up you simply need to create two more common events.

Example: Common Event 002: Human
         Common Event 003: Wolf

Now, in the day and night system you will notice that there are two switches used to show the difference between night and day: Daylight and Nighttime. You need to add one more event to it, which is to point at the common events for your wolfman (or woman). (There is a common event option on page 1 of the list of actions.) So it will look like this:

[Loop]
Trigger Operation: 002: Daylight is OFF
Common Event: Wolf
Tint screen: -87, -87, -87, transition frames: 40
Trigger Operation: 002: Nighttime is ON
Wait: 999 frames.
Trigger Operation: 002: Daylight is ON
Common Event: Human
Tint Screen: 0, 0, 0, transition frames: 40
Trigger Operation: 002: Nighttime is OFF
[End Loop]

Now your triggers will point to the proper common events.

Now what you do in the Human is this:

Conditional Branch: Switch Daylight is ON:
Flash Screen (255,255,255) at 50 Frames.
Change Party: Remove <HeroWolf>
Change Party: Add <HeroHuman>

Simple eh? Now the wolf event:

Conditional Branch: Switch Nighttime is ON:
Play Sound Effect: Howl
Change Party: Remove <Hero>
Change Party: Add <Herowolf>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boom! Werewolf system done. Now your character will transform into a werewolf whenever the time of day switches.

The flash screen is to make it look cool and the howl is to make it sound cool. Although I think you may need to find a Howl sound online because RMXP doesnt come with one to my knowlage.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:46:33 PM by Alerith »
Crystal Collection - On hold.

FF:Dark Symphony - 12%
Demo: May 10th, 2007

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I like it, haven't tested, but looks cool! another way can also be instead of making a new hero, just have the spirit set for the hero change. anyways cool!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
I like it, haven't tested, but looks cool! another way can also be instead of making a new hero, just have the spirit set for the hero change. anyways cool!

I thought of that too. But the thing is, if you enter a battle while your in werewolf mode, you should be FIGHTING in werewolf mode.

Rather than changing just the tileset, then adding skills, subtracting skills, chaning limits, adding limits etc., you have it all done by simply swapping out the party members.  :-X

I did your idea before at first. And it was all fun until I had to adjust each and every trigger to give or take away skills depending on the hero's state.

But yea, it's alot of fun. Hope you can use it, it really adds a nice touch to most fantasy/dark games. ;D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I might give this a spin in my next game! will credit you for sure...just a warewolf in my current game would look funny.  ;D...heck you could even make zombies using this!!!!!

Rep:
Level 88
Ooooo, zombies.....

I think I smell a Resident Evil game in my near future.  :o

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol,!!! na I will be making a totally unique game but it will have...ZOMBBIES

Rep:
Level 88
And judging by your avatar, your a LoD fan. I am too. I think it was better than alot of Final Fantasy games.

This event layout can be adjusted to create days of the week.

You could make it so, rather than a werewolf, you transform into a Dragoon or Dragon or something to that effect during different days. Like a fire day one of your heros changes to the Red Dragoon, Dark day someone transforms into the Dark Dragoon, light days someone transforms into the Divine or White dragoon etc.

Its actually a very nice thought.....ill be working on that.  ;D

Rep:
Level 88
The Smexy Babe Magnet
Well, it's a great idea. I can't wait to use this in my new game that's in progress. This and your Day/Night system go well together and are really easy for a beginner like myself. Good job.  ;D

Got no good story ideas? Try using Seventh Sanctum. It's got millions of generators for things you might need.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
And judging by your avatar, your a LoD fan. I am too. I think it was better than alot of Final Fantasy games.

lol, Yes I gues You haven't noticed my game in the projects section  :D

<3
Rep:
Level 90
It looks awesome! How about an animation being played transforming?

~Winged

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Code: [Select]

and

will only work if you have only one party member. Otherwise the new member (hero or werewolf) will always be added at the end of the party.

I suggest using a day and night system and just having a common event that changes one character's graphics if day switches to night or otherwise. If you want to have different skills, too, just add/remove them also. You can easily check the level of the char and add/remove skills if skills are being learned through levels with the werewolf like with the normal character.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:37:41 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88

and

will only work if you have only one party member. Otherwise the new member (hero or werewolf) will always be added at the end of the party.

I suggest using a day and night system and just having a common event that changes one character's graphics if day switches to night or otherwise. If you want to have different skills, too, just add/remove them also. You can easily check the level of the char and add/remove skills if skills are being learned through levels with the werewolf like with the normal character.

Heh, yet again blizzard points out flaws in my system that I had not taken into account.

In the game which I use this system, I only have one hero, so you are, as always, absolutely correct.

But in games where you don't really have one main hero, party order doesnt really matter unless there are certain events within a battle that require hero 1, hero 2, etc.

So I guess this system is situational.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Of course it is. I only mean it won't be used to much in this form, since many RM games DO have more than main character. :-\ You could use a little trick with the Call script command to "fix" that.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Heh, well as can be seen, im no scripter.

How would I go about using this "call script" command in this manner?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I've had a little more time and made an add-on for you.

NORM_ID = 1
WERE_ID = 2

class Game_Party

def werewolf_swap
    for i in 0...@actors.size
      if @actors[i] == $game.actors[NORM_ID]
        @actors[i] == $game.actors[WERE_ID]
        $game_player.refresh
        break
      eslif @actors[i] == $game.actors[WERE_ID]
        @actors[i] == $game.actors[NORM_ID]
        $game_player.refresh
        break
      end
    end
  end

def werewolf?
    for i in 0...@actors.size
      return true if @actors[i] == $game.actors[WERE_ID]
    end
    return false
  end

end

Set the two variables NORM_ID and WERE_ID to the following actor IDs in your database:
NORM_ID - character in normal form
WERE_ID - character in werewolf form

You can make the character transform with this Call script command:

$game_party.werewolf_swap

If you need to check if the character is a werewolf, just use this script in Conditional branch (4th tab, bottom).

$game_party.werewolf?

It will return true if the character already is a werewolf. Note that this works only with one character. If you have two werewolfs there is a different code needed.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:55:14 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Brilliant! Thanks alot. Only one character has the werewolf ability so this is perfect. Thanks a ton!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I could include this in Tons of Add-ons later. :)
Visit our website.