RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Did Microsoft Already win?

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
I'm not a fan boy or anything.

Xbox 360 came out a year ago and obviously why it's ahead.

But I have read this article one day that the first console to reach 10 million has never lost a console war.

Microsoft appears only 1 million and 3 quarters away from that...

And I don't think Nintendo has the production capability to reach 10 million before the 360 (they'd have to produce like 6-7 million Wiis where as Microsoft just said they produced their 10 millionth...) but with shortages of the PS3 and the Wii do you think that Microsoft is just benefiting from being the only real available next gen system? I still think the Wii has a serious chance of really narrowing the gap in 2007 but when the Halo 3/GTA 4/Gears Of War wave comes its going to sell a ridiculous amount of consoles for the 360  so when the hype for the Wii and the PS3 go down do you still think they have a chance, and what we are really underestimating right now is the PS3s strengths which will really be evident when their FF13/DMC4/MGS4 wave hits plus ....the blu-ray is all I watch now...if that becomes the industry standard we could be in for a real interesting generation of consoles...

Did Microsoft already win?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
First of all, I'd like to say the PS3 will undoubtedly be pretty cool, but unless the price is reduced by about $300, I'm probably not getting it.

One day, I'll get a Wii.

Some of the games on the 360 actually look like they'll be pretty good. And Resident Evil 5 would be a big reason for me getting one (even though RE 4 sucked).

So, personally, I think the one of the major things the 360 has going for it is that the PS3 is so expensive. And, of course, the number produced, like you said.
:tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The 360 will win major this holliday season..I don't think parents are willing to buy their kids a ps3. Plus when halo 3 comes out...GOD can only help the other systems.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
OK, it was a good game, but wasn't good as a Resident Evil game. No more puzzles, no more interesting story, but instead a story that, if it happened, would be moronic. The president's daughter is kidnapped? And she's believed to be somewhere in Spain? Let's send one guy with a hand gun to go get her. :tpg: (This actually doesn't hinder the enjoyment of the game, but one must admit, that's stupid.)

So... I liked it, but it just didn't feel lik RE to me.

Anyway... don't want to stray from the topic too much...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Granted, yes, the story was a little blarghaelrgag, the gameplay and everything else was astronomical and definitely made up for it.

On topic, the only thing I can say is "only time will tell."

Also, don't forget Xbox practically doesn't exist in Japan.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Granted, yes, the story was a little blarghaelrgag, the gameplay and everything else was astronomical and definitely made up for it.

On topic, the only thing I can say is "only time will tell."

Also, don't forget Xbox practically doesn't exist in Japan.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, I just don't like it as a Resident Evil game. Then again, I also know that's kind of stupid of me.

As for Xbox practically not existing in Japan, I had never thought about that... that's a good point. I'll go out on a limb and predict the Wii to be the wiiner

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I think it's ridiculous when people argue about who will win a "console war."

Rep:
Level 97
No one here is arguing though.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
This topic is reminding me that when the 360 becomes just a little more affordable I'll get one.  I'll definately enjoy DOA 4.  Fighting games are fun. Except Tekken..... I hate Tekken.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
No one here is arguing though.

I know, I'm just saying.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I dunno, it just seems there isn't much to argue about.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Learn something about the internet: people will argue to the death over stupid crap that isn't worth arguing about. That's why I think it's so ridiculous. You could have given me a QFT at least.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But you forgot, this posts consists of members who don't usually argue of retarded stuff. Wait for some one who does to post in here. Thn we can argue over retarded stuff, and I'll argue extra hard to make you happy Zypher.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Wii will win. Wii isn't just for gamers, it's for everyone. You'll see, soon everyone will have one.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Gah. No one is going to "win." And even if a system did in fact "win," would it really matter? Would it really make any kind of difference, would it affect your opinion about the system at all The answer is no, so quit giving a crap about any of this.

I should probably stop posting in this topic, it's pissing me off too much.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
No, it doesn't actually matter who wins. But there is ussually a clear victor. Some people get into that, it's like watching a sport or something.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yup, it all ready got me...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I think I have to agree with Gilga. Nintendo has always "won" so far, I think they will win again.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
how the hell does a console "win"?  consoles can lose, if they completely fail, but all 3 of the consoles are doing very well.  360 was out first but the wii and ps3 are almost constantly "sold out" everywhere (i know, i still haven't been able to buy a wii).  and if you remember, releasing first ended up only being the downfall of sega.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
again as I said before...the ps3 and wii have a killer after them.....

Halo 3
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'm pretty sure that the PS3 will also be getting Halo 3.

Rep:
Level 89
the halo games are alright but I think they're highly overrated.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Halo 2 online is the best online game, save Battlefield 2 maybe.

There's no way PS3 is getting Halo 3, Microsoft owns Bungie now.

Rep:
Level 89
Halo 2 online is the best online game, save Battlefield 2 maybe.

There's no way PS3 is getting Halo 3, Microsoft owns Bungie now.

"the best"

maybe one of the best, but not "the best"