RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Game Porting

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
I was just wondering if anybody here knows if it's possible to port RMXP games to another platform (i.e. Playstation/2, PSP Homebrew, etc). I've seen it done with RM2k games, and read about it being done with RM2k3 games, I was wondering if it is, and how possible it is to do with RMXP.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't think of where else to post this. :-\

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
That would be quite an interesting idea indeed, of course it would be illegal, but nonethe less entertaining.
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
Nothing illegal about it, depending on the platform. For example, porting to Playstation One is perfectly legal because the console is long out of season. Playstation 2 is only illegal if there's a modification of the console in place, swap disc is still perfectly legal. Playstation Portable is probably the most legal because there's no modification required, and it's not illegal to have old hole-filled firmware. ;) You just have to find the legal alternatives.

Of course, no matter how I go about it, it's all legal here in Canada (we have lax copyright laws here).

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
If you can do it, I'd like to know.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
You can port it to your PSP actually. 100% legal, I have seen PSP with RPGMaker games running on it, not sure how though.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I wish I knew how, I would love to be playing my game on my PSP.

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
You can port it to your PSP actually. 100% legal, I have seen PSP with RPGMaker games running on it, not sure how though.
I too have seen this. I've seen 3 different RM2k3 games ported to PSP, and 4 RM2k games ported to it. I'v also seen an RM2k game ported to Playstation One. That's why I'm curious as to how portable RMXP games are. I have a friend who might now something about this, I'll ask him the next time I get the chance and see what I come up with.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Cool, it'd be good if we could do this.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Oooo...How about putting it on ur iPod? That would totally kick ass  :) :nano:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I would CRY if I could play these games on my ipod
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
You can play games on an iPod? That seems like it'd be insanely difficult given the whole clickdial thingy... :|

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
noope, itunes now has Ipod games, I have mini golf..lol and you can get doom on your ipod a freekingg First player shooter! but its with a hack..
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
Haha, interesting. Still seems insanely difficult to control.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
The IPOD does not run on a windows interface.. soo, nope you can't.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 89
Mystically Majestic
My friends iPod has Linux. He can play Doom, Duke Nukem, Pokemon, and other such games on it.
I'm sure you could get a RPG Game on it. Althought the Linux thing is a iPod hack, so I would think putting a game onto it from RPG Maker(s) would be a little above most peoples talent.

Also Known As:
Nec - Tactics Arena Online / MysticNec - Maple Story / [opiate] Mystic - Counter-Strike

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Linux is much more 'portable' then windows. You can run a computer without OS(/X) when running Linux. I don't think it is impossible, yet it would be very hard to get an RMXP game (uses winapi) on an ipod ;)
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
6 Bagels
Well, I could always just toss one onto a compatible arcade machine (2002 or newer), I have a classmate who knows how to do it... but there'd be no way of saving functionally. Also, no way of being able to limit time... wow, never mind, what a bad idea.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Actually i'd still like to know, because it is still interesting if anyone has a link to a method.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Could you put a RPGmaker game on a PsP?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Well it seems so...I just don't know how.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.