RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
This is the ultimate project: Dark Angel

Rep:
Level 90

Prophecy:      The moon got red...
           Monsters came...
           The skies are calling for the one...
           The one with the darkness inside...
         The Black-hearted...

Story: The story is FAR beyond any story I came up with till now. It's the more complex, tragic, richest story I've ever thought of, so it's kind of hard to 'attract' you guys since I can only tell you the beginning.

"Everything started when the moon began emmiting a strange red glow. It sparkled and glistened at our planet. Suddenly, all these creatures attacked our city and... you guess it..."

Raye flees to Catullus town, making himself one of the few survivors of the attack. Many people were murdered in front of his eyes. His attemp to erase the event from his mind failed as soon as he met Lea, who vows to find out more about the lunar changing.

Characters:

- Raye:
   Pic: http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5792/1rayexs9.jpg
   Profile: If you're expecting him to be the main-character-cliché: forget it. He's rude, he's stubborn, he just doesn't care. Squall-clone you say? Nah- he makes Squall look like some cute little orphanage boy. And he has a double-bladed katana! Well, he's caught in the middle of the attack and flees. He's followed by shadows and memories. But, as I said, HE DOESN'T CARE!

- Lea:
   Pic: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2566/3lealo7.jpg
   Profile: You meet her at Catullus town. She's kind, trying to help people out, cheer them up and finding a way to stop others suffering. She can see right through your eyes. Another Aeris or Rinoa you might ask? Nope: She's strong in battle. What a lady... Romance? Not telling!!! You might be surprised. In fact, you will. Let's just move on.

- Ian:
   Pic: http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7125/2ianup8.jpg
   Profile: Another rude one. It's hard to find good-willed characters nowadays. He's very quiet and keeps things to himself. Way TOO MANY things to himself. Ian is the character in constant development. You might be surprised. Oh, I've said that already...

- Larisse
   Pic: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2309/4larissexo9.jpg
   Profile: The most complex character I've ever created. She's beautiful, sexy, uses a SICKLE (!!!) and has amazing powers. However, she's very traumatized (it was very hard for me to stand in her place and feel the things the way she would feel). You'll find her at a church, in a wedding dress. You look around - every single person is dead... Murdered by the monsters. She was the only one who was able to defend herself. I cannot tell you more. A thing I do in this game is to focus on the characters dreams as they reflect many of the important aspects of themselves. You'll see her fiance many times. His name was André and he is watching over her... somehow...

- Seela
   Pic: http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8909/5seelawi7.jpg
   Profile: Look at her clothes. See a bra? No? Good. This character is the most fun to do! She's a mixture of yuffie, selphie, rikku and so on. You get the picture. She's hot! But don't look too close! She's suspicious and doesn't like new people. She'll do anything to get things her way. But she's the one to get comedy in the game: she mocks anyone, jumps a lot, and something happens to her hair in the middle of the game... hmm... wait to see :)

- Yojin
   Pic: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4627/6yojinsq7.jpg
   Profile: He's a ninja who does not use katanas or daggers or even use a ninja costume!!! :) What I'm trying to say is that he follows his heart and his beliefs. He's very determined and agile. He's too caught in the middle of the prophecy and the attacks messed with his well-being.

Features: - 6 different character + 2 hidden
    - double-sized graphics working!!!
    - blinking sprite
    - faces in message open their mouth to speak and blink at the same time as the sprites
         - many different faces showing different poses for every character
    - loads of secret things
    - inovating magic system: raising pets! (see Dot's)
    - battle system is still in development but I wanna do something new...
    - each character has its own items to carry, and a limit to how much it can carry
    - elemental and status resistance
    - in fact, many things are still in development. The thing is I wanna do a thing totally different from what has been done so far with RMXP.

Dot's system:
1- What are Dot's?

Dot's are like digimons mating with chocobos :). Dot's give partners the possibility of using magic by creating a magic field around him/her that reacts to equipped magic spheres. You take care of them.

2- What do I do with them?

1. You buy and assign a Dot to one of your character.
   2. Attach different crystals to have different kinds of Dots.
   3. Be its partner: feed, play with it, dress him up (what??), enter beauty or fighting contests and a variety of activities to do with your Dot.
   4. What do you get in exchange? The power to use magic. Dot's create spheres of magic while leveling up. You can equip them to use magic.

3- That's it?

Nope. You can mate Dot's (if they like each other and stuff) and a new Dot is born. Just give them a ribbon and they'll mate.

4- Are there some kind of ages?

Yes! The thing is, when you Dot is reaching adulthood, you'll need to attach another crystal so he can grow. However, it can be turned into: a summon, more powerful magic, equipment, or grow into adult. Only adults can mate so another one is born. So this is kind of a cycle.

5- How's the system?

The system is very complex. Dot's have status just like the characters! This changes almost anything: from liking another Dot to mate, to winning contests, to types of Dot's you're getting and things he's turned into. For example, a well-treated Dot will turn to powerful magic, but one that's not healthy will turn into low level magic spheres. There are many kinds of Dots too and mating mutations with hard-to-get ribbons and things like that, so the player won't be getting always the same king of Dot cuz he needs magic! :)

6- Do I really need this things?

Well, no. The game is being conseived so the usage of Dots/Magic is totally optional, since the player will be able to finish it without them. Of course players will need a great training and boost of their character's abilities. And it's just another thing to create depth in the game- to fulfill the game.

Conclusion: Well, that's it for Dark Angel. Below are some screenshots, but I still have work to do to release a demo. Some menus to make, systems to build and stuff :) But soon, soon you're getting a demo. Thanks for reading  :tpg: Please say what you think!

Screenies (No screenshot was resized!  :lol::

The Map: http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9677/mapcl0.png
The Attack: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3482/manva6.png
The Menu (not finished- gonna change the status and options): http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1912/menucr3.png
Inside: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2359/insideju2.png
Ruuude: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4262/rudeuo2.png
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:14:36 AM by Sir Edeon X »
~ Love me... I want you to love me... ~

Scripting Academy || My Deviantart || Project: Tsol - Aishite Aishite

Tired of:
Main character being found in a cliff and not being human;
Angel characters against demon ones;
Vampire characters falling in love with humans;
Human rebelling against Dragons;
More than one world in ACTUALLY one world;
DNA transfusions and mutations;
Powerful races and humans who amazingly rule almost every part of the world having absolutely no super power;
Demons being released after some time in "slumber";
Titles with Legacy or the name of the world on it;

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I have a good feeling from this, this is too good.
Especially the kewl features
The screenies are great, that message, superb menu system.

I CANT LIVE HERE WITH SOMEONE SOO GOOD AROUND LOL

Good Luck for it and release the demo soon..

*applaud*
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
looks pretty kick ass.
O and yes I believe this follows the rules, and can now be moved to the main projects section
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Interesting....

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Interesting....

I say its fantastic, even though I've only read about 1/4, but don't blame me, blame my eyes! I haven't got much sleep for days! Love the 3D chars, Lea is my fav. I think this should be moved like, right now, nice work.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Cool , I can't wait for a demo.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
neoquest 2 already exists is a online game that is within neopets. is this a remake?

Rep:
Level 90
Remake of neowhat?  ??? NO way! :o I don't like doing remakes or fan-games and stuff like that.
The story and concepts were all done by me.

Tired of:
Powerful races and humans who amazingly rule almost every part of the world having absolutely no super power;

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
One thing I don't understand is that you used RM XP to make a 3d game, wouldn't Game Maker be easier to do that with?

Rep:
Level 90
it is really not a 3D game, I'm just gonna use the 3D characters for faces, menus and maybe battle, I'm thinking of it right now :)

Tired of:

Rep:
Level 90
Here's a screenshot of the DOTs! :) take a look

Tired of:

<3
Rep:
Level 90
They are so cute!  ;D I love em to bits!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
Wait... Lea looks a lot like Rinoa from FF8

Thats Rinoa

Thats Lea

other than that, it looks like a pretty awesome game.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:51:25 AM by ZaMullet »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Red moon spilling monsters, why have i heard that before....none the less it does look like it will be quite the awesome game!
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 90
I can guarantee Lea has nothing to do with Rinoa. Just the fact that their outfits are blue and black :) Lea doesn't wear shorts, but a mini-skirt  :o and a tiny little black top, with blue cloth wrapped in it.
And I hate Rinoa... I just don't like her...  :tpg: Squall should have hit on Quistis!  :o

As for the moon, it doesn't spills monsters. It's just a common RPG cliché that whenever the moon gets red, monsters are attack. It was used in a lot of games (FF4 for example).

Tired of:

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Oh ok well, its definetly a good storyline, when demo coming?
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 90
It won't take too long, since my Christmas holidays start this weekend (WHOO-HOO)  :tpg: lol

Tired of:

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
Well okay, but if you put in a flying dragon ship called ragnorok...

Rep:
Level 90
;D ;D No one's going to space to listen to Eyes on me on my game!
Stereos have been invented already ;D

Tired of:

Rep:
Level 90
Hello! More screenshots are now available. Look at this cute battle system! :)
Tell me what you think:

Item system:

Battle System:

Tired of:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I sooooo love you.
Arlen is hot.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I like the command window, looks like the command (Spelled "Cummonds" or something in Winne the Pooh world!)window in Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 but modified. I like the item menu really neat and tidy.

Quote from: Macdonalds
I'm lovin' it!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Oooh cool.
I can't wait for the demo ;D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.