RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Opinion needed...

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
If I could some opinions on this I'd be grateful.  I am going to have a cooking system in my game (using xp), and I have two basic options:  1)  Take the ingrediants to a chef and pay a small fee to have him make the food OR 2)  One time purchase of a "Cook Book", an item (non-consumable) that will bring up a cooking menu to allow the player to make the food any time he isn't in combat.  The first one gives the forces interaction in towns and shops, the second one gives the player more independence, so both have their good and bad points.  Of these two options, which do you think would make for a more enjoyable game?  Thanks

darkace77450

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
2. For one, you don't have to pay to do it. For two, if they're healing foods (I asume they are?) than you might need them right away and can't risk getting to the town.
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
2 sounds better.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I endorse the following statement.

"A vote for option two is a vote for stir-fry WIN on a silver platter."

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I'll have to put in my vote for #1.  It's a lot more fun having side tasks to collect the ingredients...or even better, collect the ingredients without really knowing why you have them.  Then is you sell something before you find out what it's for, you say "oops!"  LOL.

Torque

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
But, that can happen with option 2 as well.  Assuming you do not recieve the cookbook until a minor ways through the game.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Have Both... option 1, up to a mid point in the game, and then you get the cook book later...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Dwarra lol.

Both are good but..
I agree with LOS, 1 for some time and then 2.

So its more better...
Arlen is hot.