RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Basic scripting (actors name in message box)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I imagine this is basic for most scripters but I only started. I need help using the script... button in the new event box, I was wondering how you say the first characters name in a message box like. Go to the mart right away "actors name".

thanks

Rep:
Level 89
Call it too lazy to get a good avatar.
This doesn't need a script, my friend Caleb Banks can help you fast. He does it all the time too. his e-mail is this:
Heenoraz@cox.net
Sir Acer is back. This time, he has nothing. Its a fresh start.
____

Rep:
Level 91
\n[x] x being the hero's number in the database
for arshes as he is the first you will do \n[1]

example:

\n[1] :  i am looking at you and i see the sexiest girl eva
\n[1] : i love wearing a dress and looking at the mirror...

so in both the lines it will be
Arshes: ...
holy shit my sig was big!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
also in the scripts database is slipknot's message script which is great

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
:D  K thanks!

Rep:
Level 89
Ya thats how caleb does it. But he uses the 'make your own chara name' thing with that.
____

Rep:
Level 91
wow he must be a real pro using the amazingly hard to find "enter hero name" that is so hard to find in the event commands..

you realize there is no reason to do \n[x] without changing the names right?  :roll:

stop spamming up the topic -.-
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 89
Please tell me exactly how am I spaming?
____