RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Different poses for walking and standing still

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
I'm making a Chrono fangame, and as any Chrono Trigger fan probably knows, some of the characters (like Marle) have different poses for walking and standing still.

Example: When she's standing still she grabs her left hand with her right hand behind her back, but when she walks (or runs) her arms continuesly move forth and back.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do? And if so, how?

I use RPG Maker 2003.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you would have to edit the spirit.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
Yeah, that's obvious. But how do I actually make it so that sprite shows when the character is standing still?

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
um...you would edit the spirit...

lol

Don't know how to explain..well on the spirit set there is a standing still view, you would use paint or photoshop to edit that, then save it into your game folder...everytime the character would stop it would show the what ever is in the standing still slot of the spirit set...which is what you edited..so it would look like it.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
I understand that but then, that sprite would also show when the character walks around... Which I don't want.

Rep:
Level 88
The Smexy Babe Magnet
You would have to use a move event and select 'change graphic'. I do this a lot, but I don't know if there's an easier way or not. ;D

Got no good story ideas? Try using Seventh Sanctum. It's got millions of generators for things you might need.