RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
need help

Rep:
Level 90
ok in my game theres 2 guys arguing and i whant it to were u can see lighting hiting one guy can anyone help?
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Err... Didn't understand that very well...
You could use a battle animation and use the "Show Animation" command on the event list.

Rep:
Level 90
~
He means like lightning comign down from the sky and striking one of the guys.  You could make your own animation for that I guess, otherwise go request for it in the resources section.

ArkBennett basically told you the rest.

Rep:
Level 90
ok thanks but when i put show animaton it dosent show anything.
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Well, something didn't go right man.
Use this checklist, if you've done these it shouldn't 'cause any problems.

- Make sure you specified the correct animation.
- Make sure specified the target.
- Make sure you activated it correctly.
- Make sure you're using "Show Animation" and not "Battle Animation"

Hope it helps :D

Rep:
Level 89
Call it too lazy to get a good avatar.
I have done it in my stickman game, in the theater, talk to the old fighter. You can download it at michealxp's place whenits back up.
Sir Acer is back. This time, he has nothing. Its a fresh start.
____

Rep:
Level 90
k thnks i got it but i oput everything on autostart so when u enter the room it happens but after everything it gets stuck on an empty text box.
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 89
use erease event before the blank box of duum
____

Rep:
Level 90
i ude switches alot but whebn i use the switch thats when the box comes up but if i dont it keeps repeating tyhe event.
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 89
Dont use switches. at the end of the event, use ERAESE EVENT and it will go away w/o reapeting
____

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It wouldn't repeat if he were using switches correctly.  :roll:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
He said when he uses switches, it doesn't. the blank box apears! READ!
____

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
OMG, if he used switches CORRECTLY, he wouldn't be having any problems!

Rep:
Level 89
Are you ill?
____

Rep:
Level 97
Have you ever used RPG Maker?

Locked, due to a certain useless spammer.  :roll:

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: Aus Ace Leader
Are you ill?

Dude you need to give it a break. I dont care if your a lord of spam shit, you wont last long in this forum if you keep an attitude like that and spam as much as you dooo...

Im locking this topic for one day.

Rep:
Level 97
PAGE 1 (Auto-Start)
 - Show Message: Blah blah blah
 - Wait
 - Move Event (First Guy)
 - Show Battle Animation (Second Guy)
 - Move Event (First Guy)
 - Turn Switch 0001 ON

PAGE 2 (Precondition: Switch 0001 ON, Action Key)

(Don't put anything here.)

NO message box will show up then, the game won't freeze, and by NOT ereasing the event, it won't start again when he re-enters the map.

That's the way to do it.  :roll: