RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favorite Final Fantasy Character

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I recently replayed FF7, and I actually stopped before the end of the first disc. I have to say, that the materia system wasn't all that bad; it was a pretty good idea for its time, I suppose. The main problem lied within the storyline, where it just seemed bland and forced, especially with elements concerning Sephiroth.

Right from the beginning, you know Sephiroth is going to be THE villain of the game. That's not too bad, I guess, but they throw his name into almost every conversation with every character you have, like they know he's just tacked on, and if they mention his name more, and a little more about him, then the player will just accept it. But it's ridiculous! Like this:

President: Who are you?
Cloud: You don't remember me? I'm was in SOLDIER.
President: Ah, I see. Well, I can't be expected to remember everyone's name. That is, unless you were another Sephiroth, of course. Yes, THE Sephiroth. Ah.... he was good. Perhaps too good. He got really good, is the point I'm trying to make here. About Sephiroth. And then he decided to go emo and run around looking for his mommy. He wears a lot of mascara too. Sephiroth. .... Sephiroth.
Cloud: .... Uh, yeah, so my name's Cloud.
President: And some people think Sephiroth is still alive.
Cloud: .... o....k....

Well, anyway, a lot of other aspects of the story just felt tacked on too, like Aeris and Cloud being in love. And a lot of the characters just seemed to act irrationally and unrealistically. In replaying it again, I'd have to say the best character is Red XIII.
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Yes, Red XIII was a good character, he was straight forward in why he was with the group, had a good background and I liked him. Reno just caught my heart though, the way he and Rude tried so hard to look "Cool" lol.

They did a damn good job in Advent Children too though, concerning Reno. He and Rude were funny, a great comic relief for the movie.

"Ya, your moms cool...wait...what am I saying? HUAAAA!"

Reno and Rude were the only thing that really captured my attention with Advent Children other than when (forgot his name) turned into Sephiroth. I always liked a good fight scene.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My favorite characters have to be Cloud in coolness and strength and stuff. Sephiroth for awesomeness and ownage. Vincent looks awesome, but in the FF movie, they showed how useless he seemed >_> Tiny gun against huge-ass monster.

Oh, and I kind of hated the Sephiroth/Cloud battle in Advent Children. >< It was waaaaaaaaay too short and it sucked due to the fact they led up the whole movie to it which was just ended by a weird variation of omnislash that just made Seph disappear like a wuss. Then everyone was happy. >_>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:26:44 PM by mastermoo420 »

Rep:
Level 88
Vivi!!!!  :tpg:

:vivi:

Coolest black mage ever! Sorry black butz!

Does anyone else thing Vivi was misused in Kingdom Hearts II?
I beat KHII 3 times but I forgot when VIVI came in :'( Think somebody could remind me?
And my fav player is definately... Bahamut!!! :huge:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
You fought him while you were Roxas as that tournament thing. And yes, I do think he was misused. A total waste of his character..along with Setzer. He looks like a Xemnas-Sephiroth cross over. o.o

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I like the Cowlick from FF:CC

[spoilers]
I also like the all of the ones from the one where you can class change, their names are what? like I forget. cool characters though. ffsix had too many though.

Rep:
Level 88
Out of all of us no one ever Said

RED 13
w0rd

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Damn, I loved Red 13 when I was younger, but I hate FFVII.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Red 13? He's appealing, yeah, but what do you think about Ashe from FF12? She's a fav.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Vincent is my fave by far but also I like Cid!
He seems to appear in someway or other in every FF game! So cool.
But my all time favourite has to be the Moomba!
They only appear for a short bit in FFVIII but they are so freaking cool.
I think the Moombas should have had a bigger part or show in other Final Fantasy's

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I love that one with the sword, and he has hair.  He was the best.  ;8 (I never play FF)

Rep:
Level 88
Hm... My favorite would be Squall. (Or "Leon" in Kingdom Hearts) He is cool and he is a lot like me. Antisocial. But you can't tell that over the internets.
I love that one with the sword, and he has hair.  He was the best.  ;8 (I never play FF)
I know exactly who you are talking about ::)

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
"I'm a son of the South"
My favorite villain is Sephiroth. He's powerfull, interesting and smart as hell. And he is basically the antichrist in Final Fantasy VII. Also I think Cloud is the coolest hero, followed by squall
"In war and politics, half of what we are told is a complete an utter lie, the rest, are lies covered with truths"

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I have to say that Seifer from FFVIII is pretty fucking cool too.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

That's very very vague...But that's the point? lol  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
I dont realy have a fav out of all of them so i will make a list
FF3/6 GOGO
FF7 Vincent
FF8 Siefer
FF9 Rusty
FF10 Auron

Rep:
Level 87
The Trixter
Final Fantasy 4 - Edge  :bean:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Don't remember Edge, Ohh! Cecil Paladin, and the Old guy from the one with Butz.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
the Old guy from the one with Butz.
His name is Galuf.

It's a tie between Vivi from FFIX and Penelo from FFXII.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 88
Auron for sure...he was a cooler version of CLoud  8)