RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Insert Ideas Here

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
OK, I need some ideas for my RPG.

Can somebody answer these questions?

• How long should an RPG last?
  • How easy or hard should it be to train your characters?
  • How many places to go should there be?

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
It should be as long as it takes to get your story told in full.

It should be of moderate difficulty.  If anything, lean more toward an easy difficulty than an impossibly hard difficulty.

There should be as many "places to go" as are necessary to fulfill your plot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
100+ hours if it's fun, 0 if it's not

It should be challenging. Enough that things will often take a couple tries for the average player.

Number of places is irrelevant. The whole game could take place in one town and still be interesting.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

* How long should an RPG last?
If its going to be good, then make it 15 Hours..I need something to do  ;D
    * How easy or hard should it be to train your characters?
The eaiser it is to train the harder the bosses should be
    * How many places to go should there be?
At least 10 major maps
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
1.  As said above, make it as long as it takes to tell your story.  Avoid filler, but toss in a few side quests to distract the player incase he isn't ready to finish the game just yet.

2.  Make it of moderate difficulty.  Then add a few optional enemies/quests of greater difficulty to challenge the player who wants to be pushed to the limits.

3.  It depends on how immersive you want your world to be.  Make as many places to visit as your story requires, but do not add any places unless they are well developed and have some depth to them.  Don't make places just for the sake of making places.

Just my two cents.

darkace77450

Rep:
Level 88
Depends on the plot. If it is like Morrowind, then limitless. I usually don't have a length, allowing the player to explore the world and do jobs after the main mission.

Depends on your story. Usually, I have a low EXP rate from monsters, and a high EXP rate from quests and sub-quests. I never give monsters items, just gold. Items must be found in a chest or at the shop.

Well, as many as it takes to make a fully realistic world. I often find myself making a place the player might never visit, but it is there cause the area is still accessible. All areas in the vicinity of the main quest should be accessible.

RGSS Dev

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."