RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Religion and Tolerance - Good, or bad?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
 Nowadays, I think that most religios groups, sects, etc are getting out of hand. Their new slogans, in a nutshell, would normally be "Convert to us" or go to hell.

If I'm Christian, in just about every other religion (save Islam, that I know of), I'm going to hell. If I'm not Christian, every religion including Christianity thinks I'm going to hell.

Some religions practice part tolerance, such as Islam, and the Bahai Faith, but not enough in my opinion. Do you think religion and intolerance of other religions is bad, or that it's ok to be intolerant?

I know there was another topic down below this one about polytheism...but this is a different matter, and that one *coughwentdownthetubescough*.

Adding insult to injury, free of charge daily. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I tolerate others wether I'm supposed to or not. It's their decision to act however they are, and not one thing I have to say is going to change their minds, as they are devoted to their religionas all ready. The fact that they worship something else doesn't hurt ME. And as far as I know (being christian, yes.) God has a plan for everything, so I say don't fuck with what he's all ready got going.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I belive that intolerance should not be tolerated. It's mostly spawned from ignorance. Organized religion removes people's ability to judge and think clearly. Their views will always be dominated by the religion they hold.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against religion itself. Some people need religion to guide them through life, and some simply find comfort in it. However, I believe people should practice religion in their own homes, or whith close friends. When you get hundreds of people together and have one man stand up and preach to them what is right, and they have full faith in his word, it becomes less like being saved and more like being brainwashed.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
No matter how politely we treat each other, there's always going to be some intolerance amongst religious groups- and there always should be. Of course, members of different faiths should be accepting of others, but (just one example) a Christian should never be fully tolerant of  Judaism (in my opinion), because that would wreck what that religion stands for. Same goes for every other religion.

an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
All of the major religion became major because they they aggressively sought out converts (with the possible exclusion of Buddhism, whose history I am mostly ignorant of). Of course they treat other religions in a hostile manner; it's the reason they're around.

If I'm Christian, in just about every other religion (save Islam, that I know of), I'm going to hell.

Who told you that Christians don't go to hell in Islamic mythology? They were wrong.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Im muslim I don't believe your going to hell....

and my dad has been to church 100x to see how your faith performs its stuff...I even attended a privite school..and after going to church we would have a test the same day..I got better grades then all the people and it is their religion. My dad even invites his friends (none muslim) to join him and go to the mosque..its nothing big
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:14:36 AM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
My older sister is a 3rd year med. student who is right now going on rotations at hospitals. At this point it's anaesthiology.

Anyway, a 27 yr. old women just gave labor today to a beautiful baby girl -- problem was, the mother LOST A LOT OF BLOOD. So, alright -- the doctors and nurses were like no problem, lets pump this girl up with a few pints and she'll be fine -- problem: she's a "Jehova Witness" (I apologize, I don't know two shits about that religion, I probably even spelt it wrong).

Anway, the doctor was like "shit, can't put blood in her because of her religion, let's talk to the husband."

They tell the husband that this women will probably die if she doesn't get blood. Her kidneys will fail, than as time goes on all her other more important organs. Even if she does survive, she'll have extensive brain damage. And she's in a LOT OF PAIN RIGHT NOW, (basically a slow death).

The husband says, "sorry, I can't -- if she takes blood that's been taken out of the body she will go to hell." The patient (the 27 yr. old just-became-mother) said the same thing, she can't or she'll go to hell.

So basically, a beautiful women, who just became a mother and will just now start a family will probably have at most another painful night to live. My sister said she was "as a pale as a vampire."

So, I respect those who follow religion to such degree, only if because it's a demonstration of willpower, but no offense to Jehova's witnesses (or however you phrase it) but the situation was pretty retarded, even the doctors were like "damn, what a shame" -- what's funny is that half the hospital wanted to grab the husband and shove Jehova up his ass, but what can you do.

...poor baby girl too...just brought into this world and basically -- as harsh as this sounds -- religion killed her mom. But hey, least she won't go to hell....
*insert eye-roll*
bringing sexy back

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wow that sucks BALLZ did it say what religion they were?

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Im muslim I don't believe your going to hell....

and my dad has been to church 100x to see how your faith performs its stuff...I even attended a privite school..and after going to church we would have a test the same day..I got better grades then all the people and it is their religion. My dad even invites his friends (none muslim) to join him and go to the mosque..its nothing big

Ask your dad what happens to Christians when they die.

It's silly when Christians and Muslims claim that they don't think nonbelievers go to hell. Of course they do; a final punishment for nonbelievers is a big deal for both groups.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wrong...my dad said they go to heaven, only people who are shown the way of islam and turn their backs on it and speak badly of it...they will

plus..we believe hell isnt really the hell most think of, our belief is that hell is a hospital for your soul, you are clensed of the bad before you are sent to heaven..it is a temp place
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:23:10 AM by Nouman6 »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I worship Thor, making me kick more ass than should be humanly possible. But fuck, I don't go out and convert people, I figure if some one will figure out that they want to be a pagan bastard, they need to figure it out on they're own.

Also, death to the christian that tries to convert me.... Also, I might not be kidding.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
wrong...my dad said they go to heaven, only people who are shown the way of islam and turn their backs on it and speak badly of it...they will

plus..we believe hell isnt really the hell most think of, our belief is that hell is a hospital for your soul, you are clensed of the bad before you are sent to heaven..it is a temp place

Actually, in most Sects of Islam (as far as any of my studies have shown), such as Sunni (which is probably 95% of Muslims), they actually don't think Christians or Jews are going to hell. Because Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all linked together by the belief in monotheism (unless you wanna debate on the holy trinity), the Qur'an states that people who do not believe directly in Islam or Allah, but believe in "God" (God and Allah are synonomous) are "People of the Book" and will ascend to Jannah (Heaven) on Judgement Day.  :P

And no, I'm not Muslim.

So, interestingly, most Muslims actually practice a certain amount of tolerance, at least toward monotheism.

Then again, I don't think any religion should be based off of converting or aggressive converting - that sort of goes against the whole belief system that religion is based on.
Adding insult to injury, free of charge daily. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Belief system: Good- regardless of which it is.
People: Flawed. Period.
Belief System + People = Twisted form of belief system used to meet the needs of the people involved or more commonly, a preacher/pope/etc.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
At some stage I plan to make my own Religion... and see how many people join... just for an exersize of my imagination...

I don't ;ike religions that preach what is wrong and what is right...

I don't like religions that have some thing you MUST worship or a place of worship...

I want to make a religion thats free minded and open... like not having a religion but just simply knowing there must be more after life, good or bad, life is not pointless...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Please don't make your own religion. It's not a good idea.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm founding Spamulism. It'll be the most kick ass religion ever.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Free burger to members, would be a kick ass slogan.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I would join depending on how many free burgers you get. ::)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Please don't make your own religion. It's not a good idea.

The guy who came up with Scientology got minted... One of the best ways to get rich, but it aint gunna happen quick I need to learn to spell first...LOL

Or do I have any takers on writing a LOS Bible ???? LOL

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Or do I have any takers on writing a LOS Bible ???? LOL

If you're going to do this, which I think is a very dumb idea, you need a "book of guidance", so yes, you need to write a LOS bible. ::)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Free burger to members, would be a kick ass slogan.

Since when do religions have a slogan? I've never opened a Bible and seen "NOW OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY" or something.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Slogan of Christianity:

Jesus loves you.
Visit our website.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
im Muslim (no not the gay extreamist ones)

Slogan:
"Love for all, Hatered for none"

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
If My Religion had a Slogan it would be:- Sign up it's only £20, Reffer another to join get £5 back

Oh... I will be sleeping on a bed of money soon... Just need that Elusive LOS Bible writter...LOL

My slogan to most Religions is my Middle finger...LOL

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Slogan of Asatru

"Let's face it... We're more bad ass than you."