RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hi! I'm a Firefox Newb.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
    Firefox 2.0 (on my comp) can't play .avi- it's missing a plug-in I think. I went to look for it, found a place Microsoft says has the CODEC. It didn't look to safe...and I've lost the link now. Basically, what I'm asking is how (step by step please, I'm basically retarded) to get Firefox to play .avi.

Rep:
Level 96
I looked there all ready- it leads me to a place where I can download Windows Media Player as a program. What I need is to play the videos in my browser.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Try and install the quicktime plug-in and then see...idk google shows many with this problem/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Try installing quicktime, more like, try installing Quicktime Alternative.

Also, what? You want to play the videos in your browser? I hate that, I download all my videos and then play them on my PC. But yeah, try installing a decent player like VLC. It'll ask you if you want to install an optional Mozilla plugin which'll handle any embedded videos.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
All right, cool! is there a way to get that option if you all ready have VLC installed? I've had it for about a year now.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You could always just re-install VLC I guess.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
True. I could also realize that I put this in the posterboard.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I give your bitch a home-made enema!
I would also say download the DivX codec from the divx website. Its the best codec for Xvid, AVI , and VOB files.
MASSIVE GODDAMN IMAGES IN SIGNATURE! ARGH!

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Good you gave a link again. My install file got corrupted some time ago and I was too lazy to google it. >.<
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
geez. I never knew I could even play videos on the browser, lol. I'm even more of a noob...But its not like id use that feature anyways.

well, all i watch is IGN and youtube stuff anyways I guess.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
firefox dosen't allow me full control of my sbc yahoo mail box, hell it wont show half the e-mails and won't allow me to click the COMPOSE button to send email..guess I won't be sticking to it

Firefox
Opera
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
firefox dosen't allow me full control of my sbc yahoo mail box, hell it wont show half the e-mails and won't allow me to click the COMPOSE button to send email..guess I won't be sticking to it

Firefox
Opera
*shrug*
it works fine for hotmail, so im set.